Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 1:35 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
This was standard procedure for Putin, as when he interfered in the elections of other countries. We just happened to be on to him.
But seriously, then who was responsible?

I'm still finding this confusing. If it was discovered as a standard incriminating procedure by all those other countries, doesn't that mean everyone was onto him by then?

He had been suspected to have been interfering, but it was never really provable, as he used independent hackers as cutouts. But when a coincidence keeps occurring, then it's not a coincidence.

It's still not making any sense to me. His fingerprints were on all these other elections, but it can't be proven those were his fingerprints, even though fingerprints are supposed to be tangible and unique. And that is the claim. That the fingerprints could not have been faked. Yet this same standard procedure used in interfering in the elections of other countries apparently don't have those same definite fingerprints since there's no proof. It just keeps going in circles that have plot holes.

What is clear is, that interference happened in those election that were pertinent to Russian interests, which provides motive to Putin.

If you say so. Not that I think Russia is above such interference since it's clear the United States isn't. But the lack of proof conjecture still remains mighty flimsy. Too flimsy for me to put much stock in it. But who needs flimsy collusion now that there's flimsy obstruction of justice to work with.

The investigation into Trump and company's ties with Russia aint over yet.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

StinkyDog wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/obama-putin-election-hacking/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_russiaobama-art-7a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.2139c0404f99

Now let's see if the rats start jumping from the Trump ship.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2017, 6:46 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm

StinkyDog wrote:

That's what I'm talking about! :lol:

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:34 am

The rats are a 5th column, called RINO's.

If they don't agree with the basic premise, they should recuse themselves.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:44 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
The rats are a 5th column, called RINO's.

If they don't agree with the basic premise, they should recuse themselves.

Oh, you're going to find a whole lot of hardcore Trumpanzees among those rats, who are realizing that they've been backing the wrong horse.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

All of this stuff continues to come off as kooky. It's laid on so thick day after day, it's really hard to take any of it seriously. Especially when so much of it is delivered in comical fashion. And it's all involving a lot of convoluted what if scenarios that take on new spins that don't really add anything new. I wonder how long it will go on for going nowhere before it finally runs out of gas.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
All of this stuff continues to come off as kooky. It's laid on so thick day after day, it's really hard to take any of it seriously. Especially when so much of it is delivered in comical fashion. And it's all involving a lot of convoluted what if scenarios that take on new spins that don't really add anything new. I wonder how long it will go on for going nowhere before it finally runs out of gas.

Well, now even Trump agrees there was Russian interference. He acknowledged as much yesterday when he blamed it on Obama.
Donald Trump wrote:
The reason that President Obama did NOTHING about Russia after being notified by the CIA of meddling is that he expected Clinton would win ... and did not want to 'rock the boat.' He didn't 'choke,' he colluded or obstructed, and it did the Dems and Crooked Hillary no good.

His story has now changed from "it was the Chinese, or some hacker in his mom's basement" to acceptance that it was the Russians. He would know, he gets daily intelligence briefings and the Russians haven't stopped their misinformation campaign nor their cyber warfare campaign.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2017, 10:00 pm

We've elected a conman and an inveterate liar.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:43 pm

StinkyDog wrote:

That would feel awful enough, but he appears to have zero curiosity. I find his fixation on self aggrandizement most annoying.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:33 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
StinkyDog wrote:

That would feel awful enough, but he appears to have zero curiosity. I find his fixation on self aggrandizement most annoying.

As Bill Maher has observed, Trump is one of those few individuals who are completely Id. Just unrestrained appetite and selfishness.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 2:26 am

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Well, now even Trump agrees there was Russian interference. He acknowledged as much yesterday when he blamed it on Obama.
Donald Trump wrote:
The reason that President Obama did NOTHING about Russia after being notified by the CIA of meddling is that he expected Clinton would win ... and did not want to 'rock the boat.' He didn't 'choke,' he colluded or obstructed, and it did the Dems and Crooked Hillary no good.

His story has now changed from "it was the Chinese, or some hacker in his mom's basement" to acceptance that it was the Russians. He would know, he gets daily intelligence briefings and the Russians haven't stopped their misinformation campaign nor their cyber warfare campaign.

This is how I reason things out: Trump says Obama did nothing about Russia after being notified by the CIA.

I agree Obama did nothing about Russia, didn't impose any sanctions or issue any warnings - based on what the CIA told him.

In other words if Obama was convinced the CIA info about Russia tampering was accurate, why didn't he act upon it at the time?

That doesn't mean I am now saying Russia definitely did it. I'm saying if Obama thought they did it way back then, why didn't he act upon it way back then?

I seems like people completely ignor the question (which they certainly don't want to answer) and instead deflect by going for yet another straw graspy conclusion.

I keep ending up being a "Trump supporter" because I can't help but see and point out the flaws in this stuff. I feel like a book editor finding massive plot holes in the story and having to say "go back and try again".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 4:56 am

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Donald Trump wrote:

This is how I reason things out: Trump says Obama did nothing about Russia after being notified by the CIA.

I agree Obama did nothing about Russia, didn't impose any sanctions or issue any warnings - based on what the CIA told him.

In other words if Obama was convinced the CIA info about Russia tampering was accurate, why didn't he act upon it at the time?

That doesn't mean I am now saying Russia definitely did it. I'm saying if Obama thought they did it way back then, why didn't he act upon it way back then?

I seems like people completely ignor the question (which they certainly don't want to answer) and instead deflect by going for yet another straw graspy conclusion.

I keep ending up being a "Trump supporter" because I can't help but see and point out the flaws in this stuff. I feel like a book editor finding massive plot holes in the story and having to say "go back and try again".

In fact, we know Obama had personally threatened Putin over his cyber interference when they met face-to-face. Putin was unwilling to concede he was guilty, let alone stop his sh*tty little tricks.
The reason why Obama hadn't stepped up publically and revealed Trump's collusion with the Russians was because Trump had been bellowing right and left how the election was fixed by the Democrats against him, and was encouraging his followers to become violent if he lost the election. Obama had no interest in giving Trump ammunition for his claims.
I have to think you probably were already a Trump supporter, but want to appear appear open minded, despite your forgone conclusions.
Trump's take on the Obama's lax role in Putin's cyber warfare is as phony as his hair color.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Donald Trump wrote:

In fact, we know Obama had personally threatened Putin over his cyber interference when they met face-to-face. Putin was unwilling to concede he was guilty, let alone stop his sh*tty little tricks.
The reason why Obama hadn't stepped up publically and revealed Trump's collusion with the Russians was because Trump had been bellowing right and left how the election was fixed by the Democrats against him, and was encouraging his followers to become violent if he lost the election. Obama had no interest in giving Trump ammunition for his claims.
I have to think you probably were already a Trump supporter, but want to appear appear open minded, despite your forgone conclusions.
Trump's take on the Obama's lax role in Putin's cyber warfare is as phony as his hair color.

If you want to dig back into my posting history you'll see where I picked Clinton over Trump but wanted Sanders. Do you want to put a label on me as an excuse to dismiss what I have to say, is that it? Maybe next you want to know if my parents are conservatives and raised me that way. Well they're not.

And I'm still left with Trump is not now suddenly changing his mind and admitting the Russians were behind it as is being claimed as I laid out.

Now as to yet another convoluted scenario. You're saying what Trump said. That Obama knew all about it and kept silent because he was certain that Clinton was going to win.

That seems incredibly irresponsible considering the fact that Clinton lost big time. But what, it's a good thing he hid this because he was afraid Trump supporters would have gotten violent like the Clinton supporters ended up being? What irony.

Sounds like one of the hugest blunders and massive backfires in political history.

And of course it still doesn't prove anything regarding Trump being in collusion with Putin.