Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:23 pm

Wishing a happy Father's Day to all my fellow dads, and those with dads still living.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 5:37 pm

Happy Father's Day to my late father! :( :heart:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 9:49 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

I'm sorry he's passed on.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 10:29 pm

i went sailing with my dad today, one of his favorite things to do. i also realized that a lot of his loves in this world begin with the letter b. boats, birds, bikes, books, bobbie (my mom), beyoncé... lol.

happy father's day!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 6:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

He passed the day after I turned 12 in 2002. Had he managed to get through his treatments, he would have turned 58 back on May 6th.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

He passed the day after I turned 12 in 2002. Had he managed to get through his treatments, he would have turned 58 back on May 6th.

He must have been some guy to raise a son of your caliber. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He loved reading and watching Westerns along with watching kung-fu movies.

One movie I think he would got a good laugh out of is the 2005 film Kung Fu Hustle and as for Westerns, I assume he would have liked the remakes of 3:10 To Yuma and True Grit along with the very underrated Western film The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

I don't think he had any favorite Westerns that he liked, but he loved reading the works of Western writer Louis L'amour.

He served in the military and worked for a company that provided fuel for airplanes. However, I don't recall what his position was, so sometimes I say "airplane pilot."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

One movie I think he would got a good laugh out of is the 2005 film Kung Fu Hustle and as for Westerns, I assume he would have liked the remakes of 3:10 To Yuma and True Grit along with the very underrated Western film The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

I don't think he had any favorite Westerns that he liked, but he loved reading the works of Western writer Louis L'amour.

He served in the military and worked for a company that provided fuel for airplanes. However, I don't recall what his position was, so sometimes I say "airplane pilot."

My late dad had been a union man working in an aluminum plant. He ate up history, sci-fi, and fantasy, and was an avid gardener - that last I admit never passed on to me, as I have a brown thumb opposed a green one :lol: . As his own father had been born in the 1880s (my dad was born in 1921), my dad was a bridge to the old west, telling me about what he had learned from his father. He also had passed down stories about our own Russian German family to me, which I am trying to pass along to my daughter, now.
Tonight when I break out the beer, I'll raise a toast to our fathers. 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 3:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

My late dad had been a union man working in an aluminum plant. He ate up history, sci-fi, and fantasy, and was an avid gardener - that last I admit never passed on to me, as I have a brown thumb opposed a green one :lol: . As his own father had been born in the 1880s (my dad was born in 1921), my dad was a bridge to the old west, telling me about what he had learned from his father. He also had passed down stories about our own Russian German family to me, which I am trying to pass along to my daughter, now.
Tonight when I break out the beer, I'll raise a toast to our fathers. 8)

After he passed, many bullies {including two teachers} took their bullying of me to the next level, so I was compelled to keep his passing a secret until my senior year of high school.

During my HS years, the counselor was my "father figure" and sometimes I still wonder how my father would have got along with the counselor given that the counselor was also gay.