Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not na

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 2:08 pm

Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

Statistics show that the average U.S. citizen pays considerably more for their, --- bankruptcy creating inhumane medical system, --- than other countries who have nationalized health care. The gain in GDP is around 3%.

It follows economies of scale gains are likely to be about 3%. If a penny saved is a penny earned, I am justified in saying that there would be a 6% saving to the average U.S. citizen.

Why are Americans wasting such a huge amount of gains, when going single payer could bring such a huge gain to each American?

I ask all my Yankee friends; what the hell? Recognize that single payer, pays great dividends.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/hea ... countries/

Regards
DL

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 4:39 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Statistics show that the average U.S. citizen pays considerably more for their

Tell that to Bernie Sanders who proposed more health care taxes.

People like Bernie Sanders think that Americans don't pay enough for health care.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 7:01 pm

I think America should do this:

Create a socialized healthcare system that everyone will automatically be placed in but that anyone can also opt out of.

If a person remains in it they have to pay tax towards funding it. If they opt out, they pay not a single cent in tax towards funding it.

If they're in, they get free healthcare from the socialized hospitals and clinics. If they opt out, they don't get anything or perhaps they could be offered care at a cheaper rate than private providers, if they choose to use the socialized hospital or clinic, but still they would have to wait in the queue like anyone else.

Then Americans can choose what they want. That would seem a workable compromise.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 7:48 pm

Oh the single payer systems where you wait endlessly for a minor operation?

The article did not discuss single payer/socialized medicine at all. It said the big problem is high salaries and fear of lawsuits leading to overtesting driving up costs. Another big problem is unhealthy lifestyles. We are going to be discussing not panacea but the least really bad option until these flaws are addressed.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 3:22 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Statistics show that the average U.S. citizen pays considerably more for their

Tell that to Bernie Sanders who proposed more health care taxes.

People like Bernie Sanders think that Americans don't pay enough for health care.

I understand that he was talking about the .1%. Not the average Joe.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 3:29 pm

fifasy wrote:
I think America should do this:

Create a socialized healthcare system that everyone will automatically be placed in but that anyone can also opt out of.

If a person remains in it they have to pay tax towards funding it. If they opt out, they pay not a single cent in tax towards funding it.

If they're in, they get free healthcare from the socialized hospitals and clinics. If they opt out, they don't get anything or perhaps they could be offered care at a cheaper rate than private providers, if they choose to use the socialized hospital or clinic, but still they would have to wait in the queue like anyone else.

Then Americans can choose what they want. That would seem a workable compromise.

What you describe, is almost what you presently have and it does nothing to end the corruption within those systems.

National means national, and single payer systems cover all citizens while still allowing for private enterprise to have a piece of the action. That is how some countries, like Canada, have it set up and it is working fine.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 3:33 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Oh the single payer systems where you wait endlessly for a minor operation?

The article did not discuss single payer/socialized medicine at all. It said the big problem is high salaries and fear of lawsuits leading to overtesting driving up costs. Another big problem is unhealthy lifestyles. We are going to be discussing not panacea but the least really bad option until these flaws are addressed.

There is triage in social medical systems, no argument, but it does not bankrupt those who are least able to pay which is what happens today in the U.S. where triage is not by need, but is based on the richest getting in first and screwing the poor that might need the service sooner.

Regards
DL