a girl I know had killed herself

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

I wasn't close to her but it was a bit sad, specially because he was posting many rants on facebook and I actually had unfriended her recently because I found that a bit annoying... Also, I went to tell it to a friend and she was more interested that I send the profile to her that actually caring about the girl (it sounded like a very morbid curiosity) or how shocked/sad I was.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 7:39 am

Sorry to hear that. I always find it hard when I hear people kill themselves.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 12:03 pm

Please don't think you're responsible for the person's suicide---because you are not.

Almost 20 years ago, a good friend of mine killed herself. She made many attempts over the previous 20 years, and admitted that she was just making the attempts "for attention."'

I induced her to vomit once, and I listened to her plenty of times. She didn't really appreciate my efforts, for she made abusive and threatening crank calls to my mother and I for years. After a while, I stopped responding to her, because of the abuse, and because my advice fell on deaf ears.

The last time she called me, she seemed sincere. I tried to listen to her--but I was probably cold, because of our history. A couple of weeks after that call, she took an overdose and died. In a way, I felt responsible (because of my coldness); but, in reality, I wasn't responsible---because she was the one who did this to herself, and I didn't encourage her to perform that action.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 6:43 pm

If I died because my ex abused me he'd just be like, "She did it to herself." And move on. He's a psychopath, that's why.

bewell
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2017, 6:04 am

A friend from my childhood hanged up herself at the age 19. She was my beloved one: she was so small and looks like a baby when we were playing when we were kids. Then I have to relocate from that street. After 10 years I have met his brother who accurate went out from the jail. He has said she committed a suicide but the scariest thing was when he begged for money and took my wallet and he said I have hands like she had.