Velociraptor
Velociraptor

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2017, 12:25 pm

Well, the geriatric, poopy-headed Dr. Evil lookalike is suing HBO

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... story.html

Bob Murray is such a precious snowflake, isn't he? Can't take a bit of ribbing, and can't face the truth. An enemy of the Constitution, and an enemy of the people. Anyway, before much longer, Mr. Murray will be working his ass off, shoveling coal in Hell.

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2017, 5:57 am

"deep mining", with actual underground working, shoukd never have existed, was a horror driven by greed. Open cast, where the coal is close enough to ground to be quarried out, is okay.

Good news recently that I saved on my FB page. Sadly inevitably not in China, but at least in the democratic world, deep mining is reaching its end. www.politico.eu/article/europe-chokes-on-coal/ It ended in Britain on 18 Dec 2015.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:06 am

There needs to be enough coal to put in every liberal's stocking this year.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:51 am

tern wrote:
"deep mining", with actual underground working, shoukd never have existed, was a horror driven by greed. Open cast, where the coal is close enough to ground to be quarried out, is okay.

Good news recently that I saved on my FB page. Sadly inevitably not in China, but at least in the democratic world, deep mining is reaching its end. www.politico.eu/article/europe-chokes-on-coal/ It ended in Britain on 18 Dec 2015.

Have you ever seen what mountain top removal does?No it's not ok to take it out from above.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:53 am

EzraS wrote:
There needs to be enough coal to put in every liberal's stocking this year.

Id prefer to shove it down the throats of the supporters of dirty coal.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:18 am

Misslizard wrote:
Have you ever seen what mountain top removal does?No it's not ok to take it out from above.

https://www.allblackhills.com/gold_mine ... d_mine.php

I'd guess it looks exactly like this abandoned gold mine.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2017, 10:18 am

Let's burn Bob Murray on a huge pile of coal.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2017, 10:27 am

At least the President is ready for a career in mining. :D

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:15 am

StinkyDog wrote:
At least the President is ready for a career in mining. :D

He does posses the ability to dig himself in deep with his mouth.He's also dirty,like coal.

tern
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2017, 12:15 pm

Disused quarries can be filled in and landscaped. As a kid I lived near one converted into a lake. Now in Edinburgh there is one with a big retail park built inside it - Craigleith. In the quarry where the stone to build the eighteenth century New Town came from. You can't see that you are in a quarry unless you know.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 12:37 pm

tern wrote:
Disused quarries can be filled in and landscaped. As a kid I lived near one converted into a lake. Now in Edinburgh there is one with a big retail park built inside it - Craigleith. In the quarry where the stone to build the eighteenth century New Town came from. You can't see that you are in a quarry unless you know.

Talking whole mountain tops removed with old forest growth.You can't repair that by filling it in and tossing out some grass seed.
http://earthjustice.org/features/campai ... val-mining

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 1:16 pm

Misslizard wrote:
tern wrote:

Talking whole mountain tops removed with old forest growth.You can't repair that by filling it in and tossing out some grass seed.
http://earthjustice.org/features/campai ... val-mining

That is an extremely vile practice...I'd say it should be outlawed. In comparison I'd say that quarry method sounds a bit less severe.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 8:46 am

My dad was working in coal mine all his life. He got retired aged 45, that's right 45. Because mine workers in Poland get retired after 25 years of work, just like police officers do.
About 75% households in my city have someone who works in the mine or is already retired at a funny age.

The mine caused some earthquakes though. Last year we had a series of three, 3.8-4.1 quakes at the depth of 600m. Houses right under the epicenter got slightly damaged.
The mine stopped digging that area afterwards.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 2:20 pm

I've already got a good job, thanks.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 3:28 pm

My dad is a manufacturer, he's been doing thiat for nearly forty years, and I just thank heaven above that nothing bad has forced all closures of factories here in Britain. Possibly because those of them that are American owned are in safe hands, for now. The production line starts from scratch and relies on expiry dates now, on prosthetics and pharmaceutical products for better efficiency. Anyway, coal saving as an alternative is no different to how the steel industries ended up here in Great Britain, on the scrap heap, putting it none too bluntly.
Coal in the States has the upper influence of shared alliance with Chinese Coal industrialists to grow and scale profit.
We here in Great Britain now rely on solar panelled elctricity and wind farms to keep going, all because of greedy industrialists and politicians, like the late ex chancellor George Osbourne.
Now, the National Grid is on target to achieve better efficiency saving fuel consumption without the need for power plants, but will increase the cost on Smart Meter checks in the future, when they become suitable for the consumer market in five years minus the average time of three. Who will profit from this? Maquerie investors from China and Australia. They will make profits from the Hinkley Point project as it is known and this will be re-invested into cleaner fuel distribution in our economy. However, the project employs just 5,700 people and these are mostly admin and engineers. All the real man power has evaporated. This is a sad end to the bygone days of hard graft. Quatari and CIC also had shares, but fears are over Australians managing investment through our profit schemes and targetting consumers in their pay packet through higher higher investment schemes on fuel allowances.
Hard graft demands greater fluidity and management of co-workers to get the job done and from what I'm told there is no stock controller handling audit estimates, it all gets done by supply and demand, so lets hope the women don't get so pre-occupied with their downtime that they dont wish to co- operate on the same scale in the future.
My great gran worked in a biscuit factory during the war, and my great gramps dealt in the Beckton Gas works, before supplying war ammo to Cornish towns and helping with army airfield defences. That last one being, something of a last defence resort that I would probably wish to engage in over time, should there be a growing steadfast demand.