Why? :shrug:
Able follow sermon? :study: No. :(
Able examine myself? :nerdy: No. :oops:
Should join communion? :huh: Do not know. :shrug:
Able sing hymns? :heart: No. :cry:
Dog did good = alert + DPT. :heart: :cat:

How I stop/fix shutdown?
Please gentle replies.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 9:50 pm

You're a devout person; why wouldn't you join communion?

Was the sermon about something interesting? I have been known to get bored with sermons, and to fall asleep during them.

Are you shy about singing hymns with the others?

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 2:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're a devout person; why wouldn't you join communion?

I know the importance of, not just going to church, but actually reflecting on the service and participating in it. I also know the important of self-examination before communion.

Since I shut down, I was not able to examine myself before joining in communion.

Is it important to examine yourself before communion every time? I tried asking my pastor, but he does not know much about autism or shutdowns.
kraftiekortie wrote:
Was the sermon about something interesting? I have been known to get bored with sermons, and to fall asleep during them.

I started shutting down sometime before the sermon, so it was not out of boredom. :wink: It was a sermon on Jesus's Sermon on the Mount. Since it was Jesus's teachings on how we should live, and I have recently been pondering about which direction to take in my life, I was very eager to listen.
kraftiekortie wrote:
Are you shy about singing hymns with the others?

I love singing traditional hymns! :heart: That is one of the reasons I was so eager to stop/fix the shutdown.

Oh, and though I do not know what caused the shutdown (I had a busy day, but I had done well managing sensory and cognitive overload), I am feeling better today.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol: