Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:28 pm

BRITAIN’S Got Talent winner Susan Boyle is being targeted by a vicious group of teenage thugs who, witnesses say, have thrown burning paper in her face and slung insults at her.The 56-year-old Scottish singer shot to fame after she stunned the talent show judges with her cover of I Dreamed A Dream back in 2009.

Witnesses told The MirrorBoyle has been regularly targeted by the youth gang who, on at least one occasion, set paper on fire and threw it at her face.
“Another time 10-15 of them were surrounding and throwing stuff,” one witness said. “They lit a piece of paper and threw it at her face.”
Witnesses also report seeing the singer hiding on a bus while the gang threw stones at the vehicle.
While out at the local shopping centre, numerous people also heard the teenagers yelling at Boyle and calling her an “old, ugly b***h”.
“I’ve called the police 15 times. I’ve had to speak to victim support, I’ve had to call helplines because I’ve felt suicidal,” she added.
Since Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s, a high functions form of autism that can affect social interaction and communication skills, one of her neighbours said the targeting became worse.
“They pick on the most vulnerable people. If there is more than one person they won’t do it — because they are too scared. It’s old people, children, mentally ill people. It’s really disgusting,” they said.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv ... 51627ca100

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:15 pm

This is disgusting. I hope these thugs are caught and recieve the maximim sentences.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 2:22 am

As these thugs live in the local area it's easy for them to terrorise Susan Boyle and then slink back into the darkness. Unfortunately the police can't do anything unless they catch the gang members in the act.

I thought she is considered a national treasure so her countrymen should hang their heads in shame

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:19 am

This is ridiculous. Why isn't there sufficient police protection for her?

Boyle should have her phone at all times, and take pictures of the thugs, then present it to the local police.

If the police don't do anything about it, contact a higher authority.

This is ridiculous.

The thugs should be in jail. They are committing arson. Throw the book at them!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:38 am

I read in this article http://pagesix.com/2017/06/26/susan-boy ... -scotland/ that Susan Boyle wanted to keep a low profile as she hates the attention. But since the 15 hoodlums are continuing to attack her (as well as other residents) she has decided to go public.

She is on the record that she's against CCTV as it makes her feel trapped in her own home.

Hopefully this will be resolved

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:28 am

I recieved a tip from Fnord another WP member who used to regulary post here but does not anymore that the sourcing for this story is questionable.

The original story was published in the Mirror. The story reported that Boyle's representative said that they were going to seek help from the police. The story used direct quotes from neighbors as describing the attacks on her and them.

The mirror is a tabloid papar that has had to apologize, pay libel damages and have been in contempt of court
Boyle wins £54,650 in 'racism' libel case

Sun and Mirror fined for contempt of court in Christopher Jefferies articles The Daily Mirror has been fined £50,000 and the Sun £18,000 for articles published over killing of Joanna Yeates

Daily Mirror acknowledged that incorrectly illustrated the text about fans of World Cup

Several "mainstream" media outlets have reported on the story quoting or linking to the Mirror as the source.
Susan Boyle 'targeted by gang of up to 15 yobs

Gang of teens attack Susan Boyle with rocks, fire

'Britain's Got Talent' singer Susan Boyle reportedly assaulted by teens near her home

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 11:44 pm

Seems strange this story has gone almost viral then without retraction?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 5:20 am

Because a tabloid/scandal Media outlet publishes a story does not mean it is wrong, it means there is more of a chance of it being wrong.

So far there is no confimation by the police of an investigation or other confirmation or even another media organization confirming the Mirror's work.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 5:51 am

Just because it's The Mirror doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why does everything have to come from the bloody Telegraph or Guardian or whatever the "acceptable" source is before anyone believes it?

I don't find it difficult to believe that Susan has been targeted by a local gang of yobs, because I know that this stuff does exist and does happen and this type of person does exist in the British Isles.

It's all too believable.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 5:53 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
This is disgusting.

This is neurotypical behaviour...
How many autistic individuals you know would engage in this sort of anti social mob mentality?

Young neurotypicals in particular tap into the more primitive/instinctual aspect of human neurological makeup...
What can you do?
Blame evolution?
Already done that... :wink:

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2017, 6:28 am

It's well known that vulnerable people (regardless of their age and including those with Asperger's Syndrome & High Functioning Autism) are suspect to danger that arises from feral delinquent youth gangs (non-educated delinquents, chavs e.t.c), and it's probably even too late for corporal punishment (like National Service or conscription) to extirpate this form of collective mob mentality behavior that is predominantly derived from a multifarious framework of all kinds of psycho-social and environmental factors like inadequate parental upbringings (lenient/permissive or highly authoritarian - lack of discipline, no personal responsibility, poor nutrition management, excessive media exposure to reality tv, chat shows or any dumbed down, morally repugnant, over-sexualized or politicized tv e.t.c), low intelligence, socio-economic impoverishment from de-industrialization and outsourcing of productive jobs (a major factor of creating welfare dependency), prenatal substance abuse, underage peer pressures (e.g. gangsta "culture," social networking (including child smart-phone use), or underage binge drinking) and a lack of education which are highly correlated with triggering such pervasive anti-social conditioning in later life. They all need to be sent to youth offender institutions (and do brutal hard labour jobs) where they belong and I hope Susan gets the help she needs. It's a serious issue that needs a draconian amount of addressing as this form of human devolved civil disobedience is now at an all time high.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

Last edited by TheRedPedant93 on 28 Jun 2017, 10:36 am, edited 13 times in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 6:31 am

Some years ago, the United Nations published a report about its ranking of the world's most violent developed nations. Scotland coasted past the finish line in FIRST PLACE. Clearly, law enforcement is a joke in that nation.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 12:13 pm

Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
This is disgusting.

This is neurotypical behaviour...
How many autistic individuals you know would engage in this sort of anti social mob mentality?

Young neurotypicals in particular tap into the more primitive/instinctual aspect of human neurological makeup...
What can you do?
Blame evolution?
Already done that... :wink:

This is sadistic behavoir that some NT's engage in.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 8:01 am

TheRedPedant93 wrote:
It's well known that vulnerable people (regardless of their age and including those with Asperger's Syndrome & High Functioning Autism) are suspect to danger that arises from feral delinquent youth gangs (non-educated delinquents, chavs e.t.c), and it's probably even too late for corporal punishment (like National Service or conscription) to extirpate this form of collective mob mentality behavior that is predominantly derived from a multifarious framework of all kinds of psycho-social and environmental factors like inadequate parental upbringings (lenient/permissive or highly authoritarian - lack of discipline, no personal responsibility, poor nutrition management, excessive media exposure to reality tv, chat shows or any dumbed down, morally repugnant, over-sexualized or politicized tv e.t.c), low intelligence, socio-economic impoverishment from de-industrialization and outsourcing of productive jobs (a major factor of creating welfare dependency), prenatal substance abuse, underage peer pressures (e.g. gangsta "culture," social networking (including child smart-phone use), or underage binge drinking) and a lack of education which are highly correlated with triggering such pervasive anti-social conditioning in later life. They all need to be sent to youth offender institutions (and do brutal hard labour jobs) where they belong and I hope Susan gets the help she needs. It's a serious issue that needs a draconian amount of addressing as this form of human devolved civil disobedience is now at an all time high.

It's human sin, that's what it is. Nothing to do with what they eat or watch on TV.

They all need a good kick up the arse and to be treated exactly the same way they treated poor Susan. When the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly things don't seem so funny. People are forced to grow the f*** up.

Words can't express how sickened and saddened I am by this.

This woman is practically heritage-listed Scottish goods. Where's the respect?

I was thinking of going to Scotland, now I think I'll pass. :x

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 8:15 am

Alita wrote:
It's human sin, that's what it is. Nothing to do with what they eat or watch on TV.

They all need a good kick up the arse and to be treated exactly the same way they treated poor Susan. When the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly things don't seem so funny. People are forced to grow the f*** up.

Words can't express how sickened and saddened I am by this.

This woman is practically heritage-listed Scottish goods. Where's the respect?

I was thinking of going to Scotland, now I think I'll pass. :x

This is the nature of the human beast...
What can you do?
Evolution has made them this way...<shrug>

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 10:53 am

Yeah, well, I just think someone needs to sit young people down and explain to them that one day they're not going to be young and strong anymore, and then they won't like it if a bunch of young thugs gang up on them.