Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

I like the one on the island better.

The one in the treehouse seems pretty small.

I like houses that have lots of space and lots of natural sunlight.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:33 am

Smaller houses are better because less space to clean, and are more cozy. I prefer to have more land then house so I can grow an intricate maze garden.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:34 am

Yes, I like spaciousness and light -- my first island pic might feel a little cramped. The second island house looks a bit more spacious.

I could live in a treehouse that's a little bigger. I don't mind a small space as long as it has a spacious feel -- some small houses or apartments feel cramped, while others are well designed enough that they occupy the same footprint yet "feel" larger.

It's terribly boring of me but I really love those newer American ranch-style houses. Low-slung, nicely landscaped, I will try to find a picture. Many houses in my former American city were of this type and I truly loved them and felt they were beautifully designed.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 11:35 am

My house would have a moat and also a hedge maze surrounding it, making it hard for others to get to.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:47 pm

You should build a small castle, then LOL

The problem with moats...is that you'll forget you key...and YOU won't be able to get into the house.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 2:27 pm

This_Amoeba wrote:
I want my own land in a secluded area so I can build whatever house I want.

I could live in a house like that. I imagine I'd spend my time making pickles, stirring a large cauldron of soup and telling strange tales to visitors who stumbled upon my dwelling house.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 3:32 pm

I don't like the house in the picture the OP posted.

I like unique houses. I live in one and it looks like a English house because it's all brick but in the back it's all wooded siding and each side looks like the front side of the house. It all used to be a farmhouse before the city grew out here putting in houses and buildings.

There is a house in Revalli, Montana and it has a house there that looks like a windmill. I always loved going by it in my teen years.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 4:11 pm

There's a cottage style house I used to pass by with my mother on the way to school and back when I was a child. It looked so cute that I was quite taken with it and I begged my parents could we please buy it and move in. I normally dreaded the very idea of having to move house, but I loved this cottage so much I wanted us to live there. Not surprisingly it was out of the question. But I so wished I could live in that house.

Decades later with the arrival of the internet, guess what I found out about that house? It's of historic interest locally, and at one point it was ----- a MORGUE!

It was an undertaker's place of business. Brrrrrrrrrr. :skull:

I know it's silly but that would have creeped me the heck out. I'm glad my parents were not persuaded to sell up and move us into the ex morgue.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 5:59 pm

fifasy wrote:
This_Amoeba wrote:
I want my own land in a secluded area so I can build whatever house I want.

I could live in a house like that. I imagine I'd spend my time making pickles, stirring a large cauldron of soup and telling strange tales to visitors who stumbled upon my dwelling house.

Like that witch from Zelda Link to The Past for super nintendo.

SecretAgent
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jun 2017, 12:35 am

I also think it's important to make your house unique like you. Houses are blank canvases waiting for creativity, and it's a shame when people leave them that way forever. In video games, we don't stay satisfied with the starter houses, no! We trick that thing out with ballpits and waterslides and a dungeon!

And instead of everyone saying they don't like the house, we should post cool houses we do like!

Like this adorable one: http://www.hotel-r.net/im/hotel/asia/lk ... home-2.jpg

And this pirate one: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... e0e2c7.jpg

And if you must have a boring-shaped house, you can still give it a rad paint job: http://m1.paperblog.com/i/1/13279/curio ... s-L-1.jpeg

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 6:16 am

The only problem with living in a house that you've given a radical paint-job, or is in any other way unusual and eye catching is . . . hello? An autistic person lives in it, and one of the things some or even many of us may suffer from is not wanting to draw too much attention to ourselves.

Personally I want to live in a place where I can blend into the background, as that's what I feel comfortable with socially too.

For obvious reasons I don't want to live in the one house in the street that everyone points at, stops to look at, and wants to know "Who lives there? I want to get a look at the owner" etc.

That is the last thing in the world I would want to live in. I want the opposite of all those things in the place that's supposed to be my escape and my sanctuary.

I want a "boring" house. Because what I want from my home is escape, privacy and sanctuary, not people gawking at it and me.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 7:30 am

i want a small house in the the woods. with a metal shop attached. lots lots lots of land.
i would build the house myself. i would be much more self reliant than the average homeowner.
i would keep a substantial garden.
i could go on.

siiigggghhhhhhhhhhh.

i'm alright with my box for now, though. i live sandwiched in between two graveyards. i think its exterior is some kind of beige lol

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 7:31 am

haha. this guy.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 10:29 am

This_Amoeba wrote:
Like that witch from Zelda Link to The Past for super nintendo.

Yep. Happy memories. The '90s were magical for me. SNES, Sega Genesis and Are You Afraid of the Dark? Happy days!

SecretAgent wrote:
I also think it's important to make your house unique like you. Houses are blank canvases waiting for creativity, and it's a shame when people leave them that way forever. In video games, we don't stay satisfied with the starter houses, no! We trick that thing out with ballpits and waterslides and a dungeon!

And instead of everyone saying they don't like the house, we should post cool houses we do like!

Like this adorable one: http://www.hotel-r.net/im/hotel/asia/lk ... home-2.jpg

And this pirate one: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... e0e2c7.jpg

And if you must have a boring-shaped house, you can still give it a rad paint job: http://m1.paperblog.com/i/1/13279/curio ... s-L-1.jpeg

You have good taste. We need more houses like those!!

BirdInFlight wrote:
The only problem with living in a house that you've given a radical paint-job, or is in any other way unusual and eye catching is . . . hello? An autistic person lives in it, and one of the things some or even many of us may suffer from is not wanting to draw too much attention to ourselves.

I get where you're coming from. On the other hand if more people had unique houses they wouldn't draw so much attention. It's hard but some people have to start the ball rolling. But tastes vary anyway and if you like conventional houses I can accept that. Another third way that bridges the gap between individualist houses and conventional ones is a street of homes like this one in Italy. Each is ordinary and functional in shape but has personality too:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 4:20 pm

SecretAgent wrote:

I only liked that Dalmatian house. The problem with all these unique colored houses and putting designs on them is if you live in a HOA neighborhood, it has to be approved first before you do it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 4:40 pm

Would anyone ever want to live in a house that was once in a movie that had a famous actor in it?

I read people will stop and take pictures of your house, go on your property, knock on your door. These people that live in the Brady Bunch house got tired of people being on their property and peeking in their windows and knocking on their door and asking to meet Florence Henderson or Robert Reed or the other actors, they put up this thick concrete wall in front of their house. They only used the exterior of the house, the interior was all shot on a set and so was their backyard.

And here is the sign I took a photo of in front of the Benny & Joon house years ago around 2009:
Image[/URL]

Several decades? The movie was released in 1993. I would always drive by that house every time I went through the city or was there. Everyone else around me doubt me driving by that house is what triggered the sign or even getting out of my car to look at it and taking photos.

And here is the whole house:

Image[/URL]

Obviously the interior was shot somewhere else because that house is way too small for the interior and you can tell in the movie it's not the real inside because their kitchen had two single windows instead of one. But I have been tempted to peek through the window or asking the homeowner about the place when I saw her moving stuff in the truck from her house. Also notice the sign on the steps? I had to walk up it to take the photo so obviously it was invite to go on her property to read the sign or else it would have been on the sidewalk.