I can't afford my husband anymore...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 3:30 pm

I have SSI (735 a month) and my husband has tried to get it, but he's foreign born and lacks work credits (if you are foreign you need them for SSI too for the period of time he's been in the country) and the lawyers wont even take his case...

I am fed up living at a little over half the poverty line... Considering living in a place smelling like cat pee and full of fleas because its all we can afford. Everyone exploiting us...

I'm going to try to work but if I can"t find it I might have to leave my husband because my money was meant for one person. In fact they CUT my quarterly checks because I am married. Our foodstamps were cut from 400 to 255 when we go married and we rely on the food bank. He has a special diet and I cant even stick to it. He used to live in an AFC home and hes so disabled taking care of him is burdensome too.

But I dont have the heart to kick him out!! !

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 9:21 pm

http://www.ilru.org/projects/cil-net/ci ... results/MI

Center Independent Living

group home

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 12:07 am

You can always divorce him to get all your benefits back but still live together.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.