Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 4:45 am

This video was released last year, but its message is still true today.

FACT: The TV news media is funded by billionaires. This applies to CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and all the others.

Some of the billionaires are conservative. Others are "liberal". In either case, they are fighting for their own self-interest. That's why "liberal" news outlets downplay the concept of class antagonism. Billionaire bribery is so common in the modern Western system that your vote is nearly meaningless. The "liberal media" outlets rarely talk about this. They almost never talk about corporate welfare either.

This also extends to the two major American political parties. The Democrats "care about the poor" in a very half-assed way. They want to provide the poor with free stuff ... but they want the middle class to pay for it. Mainstream Democrats like Clinton and Obama will never say "We need to tax the billionaires in order to pay for free stuff." because they will lose their corporate funding if they say that.

Sanders lashed out at the billionaires because he was crowdfunded.

Rule One of Politics: Always follow the money. Politicians and news organizations will never chase away their source of income. This places limits on what they can and can't say. If you want to see pro-worker news, then you should only trust crowdfunded news organizations.

Most crowdfunded news organizations nowadays are progressive news organizations. Are there any right-wing news outlets that rely on crowdfunding? I'm not exactly sure. I don't seek out conservative news that much. Of course, I can imagine what a news outlet would look like if it was funded entirely by working class conservatives. They would likely talk about corporate manipulation in the Republican Party.

The US military keeps failing at "its goal" of "destroying Islamic terrorism" because the military is actually controlled by billionaires who, above all, want to make a profit. Thus, the Middle East has been destabilized. This has led to a refugee crisis. The Republican leaders pretend to hate Muslim immigration, but they actually love it because so many of them have Muslim employees. These deceitful billionaires also contribute to Central American warfare because this gives them Mexican employees.

That's why Trump wants to build a wall on the border. A border wall will do nothing and Trump is aware of this. That's why Trump's Muslim ban doesn't apply to Saudi Arabia. It's all about money.

Maybe you are a social conservative. Maybe you are a social progressive. Either way, we should all be against this billionaire corruption. We should all want to live in a world in which our vote counts.

Continue spreading the terrible truth.
Resist.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 2:05 pm

Everyone has bias.

How many "Young Turk" shows have you seen that attack Bernie Sanders for all his proposed taxes?

They won't show that because of their bias.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 3:50 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Everyone has bias.

How many "Young Turk" shows have you seen that attack Bernie Sanders for all his proposed taxes?

Bernie wants to tax the billionaires. Those sorts of taxes are good.

Taxes are used to pay for stuff that we need.

Are you deliberately trying to make your life harder? If so, you should just cut off one of your legs. That way, you will only be putting yourself in danger.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 4:01 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Everyone has bias.

Bernie wants to tax the billionaires. Those sorts of taxes are good.

Taxes are used to pay for stuff that we need.

Are you deliberately trying to make your life harder? If so, you should just cut off one of your legs. That way, you will only be putting yourself in danger.

Bernie wants taxes on the poor and middle class.

A new health care tax
A new employer health care tax
A new family leave tax
A new carbon tax

Most middle class already have employer-paid, Medicaid, or Medicare "free" health insurance.

Sanders doesn't like that. He wants to tax these people, and force them to use his insurance.

The Turks should be outraged over this.

fluter
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 4:38 pm

I used to think it wasn't right to tax the rich more than the poor. Why should rich people who save their money instead of spending it be responsible for someone who wastes their money?

This was back when I was a kid who saved her pennies and was still recovering emotionally from the time that my big sister divided my piggy bank into three equal parts so each of me, my sister, and my brother could be "equal again".

But then I realised that the way rich people "save money" is by exploiting workers/not paying them their share of the proceeds (Copernican revolution for me to say the least!).

So someone takes home money from work that I do, and then uses that money to take control of the media and buy the politicians.

And societal narratives ensure the cycle continues by convincing people that if they are able but unemployed they are sucking out of the system and "impure".

Who's sucking out of the system???

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 11:45 pm

Proof That the "Liberal Media" Isn't So Liberal

The New York Times is a perfect example of corporate "liberalism" ... just like CNN, MSNBC and the Clinton family.

Corporate Liberalism: "We support human rights ... except when our sponsors say no."

I've noticed that some corporate liberals call themslevs "centrists".

Hmmmmm ... How come 90% of centrists are just "liberals" who support hawkish foreign policy and corporate subsidies?

Most "centrists" are just corporate liberals who have been called out on their BS.