Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:51 pm

Hi all. I usually hang around in PPR, but I want to talk about something else for a change. Do the ESRB and the MPAA need to be reformed?

Let's face it. These rating systems are completely wrong. How many people here saw an R rated movie before the age of eighteen without adult supervision? I'm guessing that we all did that. How many of us played a T rated game before the age of thirteen? All of us probably did that. How many of us played an M rated game before the age of seventeen? I bet we all did ... and we turned out alright.

In my opinion, the MPAA and the ESRB aren't run by child psychology experts who know what is damaging to children. They're probably run by "concerned parents" who, like all "concerned parents", place paranoia above reason.

Most kids tell jokes about brutal violence long before they are allowed to see it in the movies. In other words, we have underestimated the kids.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/