"What's wrong with you?!"

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Raye
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2017, 9:39 pm

I know that I have Asperger's, but that doesn't make me "wrong." I know that you think I'm rude, but I would never treat you the way that you treat me. I'm sorry that I shut down when I panic, and consequently can't adequately address and correct whatever it is that I'm doing to upset you. I wish that you would appreciate how hard I try, but I get that you only understand that I keep messing up. And then I think, "What good is trying when no matter what, I'll fail to meet your standards?" Or, "If I do a good job of being 'normal,' you'll fault me more than ever when I slip up."

You condemn me for my quirks, but just as quickly turn around and use me for them.

"You're such a great writer; I need your help in messaging this customer."

"This account doesn't balance, and I don't understand why. Would you take a look at it?"

"Take a look at my resume, please? Feel free to make any corrections."

And I'm so tired of being hated, that I give in to your requests for help, even though I know I'm being taken advantage of. The only thing I request is that you please stop asking me, "What's wrong with you?!"

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 10:45 pm

If they use you and show no gratitude and then say "What's wrong with you?", don't associate with them; nobody is for everyone really... it's impossible to be. One day we'll all be in perfect harmony with each other, but for now, we have differences and some people need to come around on their own (with our help, but on their own still).

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 10:58 pm

Sounds like you're dealing with either narcissists, ingrates, or just plain thoughtless, rude, or toxic people.
People who ask abusive questions like "What's wrong with you?!" aren't worth my time ...
I certainly wouldn't do them any favors.

That said ...
You're good at both languages And math?
Wow.
Me, my math skills are not the best, so I hire an accountant.
I do not ask her to do my taxes for free.
I expect to pay her for her time.
As it happens, she's the friend of a friend of mine.
I don't use people.
Plus, the accountant would tell me to get lost if I ever tried.
The accountant has strong, healthy personal boundaries in place
and has no trouble saying "No."

Hopefully you can leave behind the toxic users,
establish boundaries,
and meet better people.