I don't care if my partner is aspie or NT and I am woman 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
I am not sure and I am man 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am not sure and I am woman 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 27

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2017, 2:54 am

Hello I often listen the phrase "The opposites attract". For my friendships I fit better with people who are aspie or introverted than those who are outgoing (I don't feel comfortable with very outgoing person) and I don't want a girlfriend who is opposite of me I want my girlfriend if not aspie to have similar personality to me is this normal or am I weird? In my experience most NT girls (I don't know about aspie girls) attracted to NTs guys. Do you prefer your partner to be similar to you or the exactly opposite?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 4:26 am

"I'm not sure and I'm a woman" should be an option on every poll :P

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2017, 4:35 am

Sorry I am greek and my English are not very well

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 4:46 am

NoName93 wrote:
Sorry I am greek and my English are not very well

No no, I think you're English is pretty good ;)

Okay, I know this is more aimed at NT's dating ND's but I'm of the impression that opposites generally attract in the dating world. Familiarity breeds contempt, after all.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 4:59 am

NoName93 wrote:
I don't want a girlfriend who is opposite of me I want my girlfriend if not aspie to have similar personality to me is this normal or am I weird?

I wouldn't say that's weird at all. I understand that it can be slightly intimidating if your partner is largely different to you in regards to personality. But then, you wouldn't want them to be too similar either - at least I wouldn't.

To answer the other question, I don't hold my partner being an Aspie to a high level of importance. It might help if she was an Aspie, mainly in the sense that we'd understand each other better with us both having the same condition, but being a NT isn't a deal-breaker for me either. In fact, I'm somehow leaning slightly towards preferring a NT partner.

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2017, 5:23 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
NoName93 wrote:
I don't want a girlfriend who is opposite of me I want my girlfriend if not aspie to have similar personality to me is this normal or am I weird?

I wouldn't say that's weird at all. I understand that it can be slightly intimidating if your partner is largely different to you in regards to personality. But then, you wouldn't want them to be too similar either - at least I wouldn't.

To answer the other question, I don't hold my partner being an Aspie to a high level of importance. It might help if she was an Aspie, mainly in the sense that we'd understand each other better with us both having the same condition, but being a NT isn't a deal-breaker for me either. In fact, I'm somehow leaning slightly towards preferring a NT partner.

If my partner is understanding and introverted NT don't mind, but I don't want to make relationship with a typical NT girl because I don't understand them and most of them prefer NT guys

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2017, 12:46 pm

Psychological studies indicate that similar traits and interests are best for partners. As far as Aspie/NT dating goes... It depends for me. I've never dated another Aspie, but being friends with one compared to a NT hasn't been better or worse in my experience so probably the same for that.

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2017, 5:49 pm

I much prefer to date neurotypical girls simply because there's simply more of them so there are more options to choose from.

In my lifetime, iv'e only known a few girls on the spectrum and no offense but the majority of them were overweight and not that attractive. I'm not going to date a girl i'm not at all physically attracted to, simple as that.

Iv'e only met one attractive girl with aspergers. She was petite and slim, had a cute face, and auburn hair. She had a boyfriend though :'( Some tall and buff guy with facial hair.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 3:27 am

I selected "I prefer to date another aspie and I am man", but I would not "date" anybody, but in the absence of a better alternative, I picked that one.

The value of the poll is questionable given that most people are not able to tell if somebody is ND or NT, and some might interpret "aspie" as somebody known to be diagnosed AS only, and not as ND.

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2017, 4:52 am

ShadowProphet wrote:
I much prefer to date neurotypical girls simply because there's simply more of them so there are more options to choose from.

In my lifetime, iv'e only known a few girls on the spectrum and no offense but the majority of them were overweight and not that attractive. I'm not going to date a girl i'm not at all physically attracted to, simple as that.

Iv'e only met one attractive girl with aspergers. She was petite and slim, had a cute face, and auburn hair. She had a boyfriend though :'( Some tall and buff guy with facial hair.

Yes it also depends to the appearance and the personality if I was to choose between an aspie girl who is ungly and a NT girl who is beautifull I would choose the beautifull NT, but if I was to choose between a NT and aspie girl who both have all the qualifications I would choose the aspie

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 6:57 am

NoName93 wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

Yes it also depends to the appearance and the personality if I was to choose between an aspie girl who is ungly and a NT girl who is beautifull I would choose the beautifull NT, but if I was to choose between a NT and aspie girl who both have all the qualifications I would choose the aspie

The above (choosing between multiple girls of different neurotypes) never happened to me. Maybe that was because I never did mass-dating, but I don't know. I actually never had the "luxury" of having a love interest in more than one girl at a time, and I don't even think I'm capable of having a serious interest in more than one girl at a time.

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2017, 7:39 am

rdos wrote:
NoName93 wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

The above (choosing between multiple girls of different neurotypes) never happened to me. Maybe that was because I never did mass-dating, but I don't know. I actually never had the "luxury" of having a love interest in more than one girl at a time, and I don't even think I'm capable of having a serious interest in more than one girl at a time.

Yes I also don't attract in 2 girls at the same time and I don't have success in nt girls and most of nt girls comfuse me I want my girlfriend if not aspie to be introverted or nerdy or eccentric or has some masculine characteristics. I know a lot of NT girls who are attractive but I don't thing I can make a relationship with a typical NT girl

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2017, 12:10 am

Do opposites attract?

Well... i'm going to imagine taking down a big ole 300 pound black chick to my grandparents for christmas break.

I'd have to be on top ;(

Look on the bright side, I woudn't have to protect my girlfriend. She'd protect me.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:00 pm

I am more comfortable being around a woman who has Asperger's syndrome just because I think she would understand me better & I would get along with her better. I am also more comfortable with women who are kind of shy & introverted.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 2:29 am

I love introverted girls because I can relate to them. Because I can share quite moments with them.

I love extroverted girls because I can converse more freely with them, go places and meet people with them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 2:39 am

as long as they're kind and attractive to me, I don't care.