Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2017, 7:16 pm

Colored lenses don't make everything 1 color. I have light yellow lenses, & but still see rainbow color variation. Although, I only wear them in my house. I always wear dark sunglasses (prescription) outside my house, even at school, because light brighter than 40W bulbs gives me head & eye aches. I only use low watt bulbs in my house.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep....the rest room is a place for people to do their business, not have long conversations LOL

________________________________________________________________________________

yeah well some of us "rest" by having long conversations.

seriously they act like it takes them more energy to be quiet, than it does to talk loudly for a long time.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2017, 9:25 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I've heard of the tinted lenses before; they seem to be quite helpful for a lot of people. Do you have problems with bright lights as well?

Mmm...it's hard to say. The type of light seems to matter more than the level of brightness. Sunlight is very easy for me to process, no matter how bright.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2017, 9:36 am

IgA wrote:
Colored lenses don't make everything 1 color. I have light yellow lenses, & but still see rainbow color variation. Although, I only wear them in my house. I always wear dark sunglasses (prescription) outside my house, even at school, because light brighter than 40W bulbs gives me head & eye aches. I only use low watt bulbs in my house.

That's true, but I think the colored tint they do supply is enough to suit my purposes. When I shutdown, I can only process shades of brown. The other colors "go away" - kind of. Brown seems to be my "safe color." It's hard to explain, but I'm hoping to artificially create that calmer atmosphere. Even if they don't prevent overloads, perhaps having the world slightly more brown will make it easier to process, preventing a shutdown.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:02 am

AceofPens wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I've heard of the tinted lenses before; they seem to be quite helpful for a lot of people. Do you have problems with bright lights as well?

Mmm...it's hard to say. The type of light seems to matter more than the level of brightness. Sunlight is very easy for me to process, no matter how bright.

I know some aspies who can't stand the type of light either. I can't stand bright lights, but I can stand things like fluorescent lights unless they are flickering.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:13 pm

ALl my senses are out of whack in one way or another.

My sense of sound is too sensitive, i dont like the sound of cars, dogs, children, any sounds really, if theres too much i will and do meltdown or shutdown,

I do not like bright lights like the sun or just any lights at all really. What really gets me is when one or two lights are brighter than the rest of the room. Rooms that are not evenly lit are EXTREMELY painful and difficult to be in and i WILL and have meltdown/shutdown.

My sense of smell/taste is underdeveloped. Actually i cant really smell much other than bad smells like feces. My sense of taste is id say a touch below average, i like simple foods and can handle spice like a pro.

My sense of tocuh i feel doesnt cause any problems, i have a extremely high pain tolerance and bruise a lot becuase i bump into things without realizing it.

I have a poor sense of balance and a bad sense of where i am in space, i constantly overstep peoples personal space and bump into things constantly.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:18 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:

My sense of sound is too sensitive, i dont like the sound of cars, dogs, children, any sounds really, if theres too much i will and do meltdown or shutdown,

I do not like bright lights like the sun or just any lights at all really. What really gets me is when one or two lights are brighter than the rest of the room. Rooms that are not evenly lit are EXTREMELY painful and difficult to be in and i WILL and have meltdown/shutdown.

My sense of smell/taste is underdeveloped. Actually i cant really smell much other than bad smells like feces. My sense of taste is id say a touch below average, i like simple foods and can handle spice like a pro.

My sense of tocuh i feel doesnt cause any problems, i have a extremely high pain tolerance and bruise a lot becuase i bump into things without realizing it.

I have a poor sense of balance and a bad sense of where i am in space, i constantly overstep peoples personal space and bump into things constantly.

Hi ZombieBride :D ! I've seen some of your posts before. Do you still love Sonic the Hedgehog?

In wish I could handle spice like a pro lol. Do you find flourescent lights horrible as well?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:12 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

Hi ZombieBride :D ! I've seen some of your posts before. Do you still love Sonic the Hedgehog?

In wish I could handle spice like a pro lol. Do you find flourescent lights horrible as well?

Hi! yes i still very much love sonic the hedgehog and am excited for the release of Sonic forces for the nintendo Switch. This september will be my 8th year as a sonic fan!

fluorescent lights can be a real pain. especially in a setting in which all the walls in a room are white! clothing stores are often too bright for me and i avoid them as much as possible.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:04 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

Hi! yes i still very much love sonic the hedgehog and am excited for the release of Sonic forces for the nintendo Switch. This september will be my 8th year as a sonic fan!

fluorescent lights can be a real pain. especially in a setting in which all the walls in a room are white! clothing stores are often too bright for me and i avoid them as much as possible.

Awesome! I love gaming, so if I get a Switch I'm totally getting that game :D .

I can't stand classrooms at my school. Teachers feel the need to cover every single bit of wall space and floor space with posters and cabinets and what not. I always get so overwhelmed until my sensory system finally adapts, which is about 3/4 of the way through the year. I hate clothing stores lol.

It was nice to meet you :D