Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:38 pm

i hear people say things like "we just didn't have any chemistry" or "make sure there is chemistry".

what does this even mean? is this just another way of saying "attraction"? or does it mean something else? :?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:49 pm

It's an excuse you use when you don't find the other person attractive but don't want to tell them to spare their feelings.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:51 pm

When two people have "chemistry," it almost always means they have many things in common, and that they think of each other as being attractive people.

I'm not one to believe, entirely, literal "chemistry," brain chemistry, when it comes to relationships.

Though I believe certain things like endorphins can be activated when two people dig each other.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:53 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
i hear people say things like "we just didn't have any chemistry" or "make sure there is chemistry".

what does this even mean? is this just another way of saying "attraction"? or does it mean something else? :?

It means sexual attraction exactly - but many women avoid the use of any "sexual" term in front of people; hence why the more polite term "chemistry" is so popular among them.

ie. "Sorry, but I feel no chemistry" (translation: you don't arouse me, no reaction from my vag at all when I first met you).

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 25 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:56 pm

In my experience, it happens when you meet someone with whom you share some affinity. By affinity I mean that they are for some inexplicable reason easier to talk to than other people, they seem to "get" you in a way that others don't (and you feel like you "get" them, you can read them and the things they say and do make sense to you), you feel comfortable within yourself around them but also excited by their presence. You feel a strong desire to get to know all about them, to be around them a lot. When you touch, even if it's just holding hands, there is a feeling of electricity crackling between you. This is how it felt for me the few times I've met guys with whom I really clicked and got on well right off the bat. It's pretty rare in life (considering the total amount of people you will encounter in your life, only a small fraction of them will have this effect), but it does happen.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
In my experience, it happens when you meet someone with whom you share some affinity. By affinity I mean that they are for some inexplicable reason easier to talk to than other people, they seem to "get" you in a way that others don't (and you feel like you "get" them, you can read them and the things they say and do make sense to you), you feel comfortable within yourself around them but also excited by their presence. You feel a strong desire to get to know all about them, to be around them a lot. When you touch, even if it's just holding hands, there is a feeling of electricity crackling between you. This is how it felt for me the few times I've met guys with whom I really clicked and got on well right off the bat. It's pretty rare in life (considering the total amount of people you will encounter in your life, only a small fraction of them will have this effect), but it does happen.

I would certainly describe it similarly...though not so much the electricity feeling when touching. I'd also add a vague feeling of already knowing the person really well, even though you don't.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:06 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:

I would certainly describe it similarly...though not so much the electricity feeling when touching. I'd also add a vague feeling of already knowing the person really well, even though you don't.

Well I don't mean like a static electric shock, it's more a tingly energetic feeling. And yes when it happens it does feel like you somehow already know the person, like they are already familiar to you even though they are new in your life.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:09 pm

No chemistry:

Chemistry:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:03 pm

Lol men always thinking it has to be something sexual. It is to a certain extent, but not completely.

One can be sexually attracted to someone they have no chemistry with.

Weirdly I was just looking at a WhatsApp profile photo of someone I know. He's still attractive to me, but we had no chemistry.

we couldn't talk to each other. It was mostly uphill. We would just misunderstand each other so often. I didn't get his motivation and he didn't get mine.

It was two gears that don't go together.

No chemistry can also mean, "I found the conversation dull or too difficult. Not enjoyable"

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:26 pm

I always thought chemistry meant that 2 people really like each either and have some similar interests and personality traits. And they just get along and have a great time together.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 4:57 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

It means sexual attraction exactly - but many women avoid the use of any "sexual" term in front of people; hence why the more polite term "chemistry" is so popular among them.

ie. "Sorry, but I feel no chemistry" (translation: you don't arouse me, no reaction from my vag at all when I first met you).

Blunt, but spot on.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:26 am

Closet Genious wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

Blunt, but spot on.

Ugh men telling women how they feel.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:36 am

Chemistry is the instant connection you feel with another person.
It's when you "click" with someone and you're instantly "in tune" with each other.
Doesn't have to be with the opposite sex, or sexual in nature.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:33 am

^ Yup, like that answer the best.... Sorry for the boys that assume it is sexual. I am male and have known a number of women through out my life and many that would be perceived as visually attractive but unless there is a ''chemistry'' ,a depth and a sincerity to them then i have no interest other than possible friendship. I am not sexually attracted to a woman solely on their looks. I have met good looking women with shallow hearts and to me they become ugly. Looks in time can fade but a big, sincere adventurous heart and good conversation/company/depth makes them beautiful in my eyes for a lifetime.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:41 am

hurtloam wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

Blunt, but spot on.

Ugh men telling women how they feel.

Well, women are generally terrible at self assesment. :)

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:49 am

Quote:
Closet Genious=Well, women are generally terrible at self assessment. :)

Clearly not... I corrected your spelling mistake as well... You're welcome.