Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 1:39 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Yes, but that's how autism generally is. Stereotypes are there for a reason, they are broadly accurate.

And that's why you should paint all the autists the same color no matter what they are doing themselves, right? /s

I'm just being realistic. That's how people with autism generally are so it's not surprising that is the overall impression people have. Don't shoot the messenger just because you're not happy with how the real world is.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 2:19 pm

Chichikov wrote:
I'm just being realistic. That's how people with autism generally are so it's not surprising that is the overall impression people have. Don't shoot the messenger just because you're not happy with how the real world is.

You aren't realistic, you're just rationalizing instead of thinking how to solve the problem.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 2:28 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Chichikov wrote:

You aren't realistic, you're just rationalizing instead of thinking how to solve the problem.

Is it a problem? If you think it is then I guess the solution is for autistic people to all be happy with their gifts, flourish at life and not have obsessions about seemingly strange things.

See what I did there?

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 3:01 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Is it a problem? If you think it is then I guess the solution is for autistic people to all be happy with their gifts

Because you can make any problem go away by just pretending that it's not there? /s
Chichikov wrote:
See what I did there?

Non sequitur?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 3:23 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Because you can make any problem go away by just pretending that it's not there? /s

When I said "is it a problem" I didn't mean "do people see autistic people in that way?" I meant "so what if people see autistic people that way?"

XenoMind wrote:
Non sequitur?

If you think that was a non sequitur then you don't understand what I'm saying.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 5:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Is it just me or are more and more people on WP telling us basically that our being autistic is horrible and not assuming negative articles about autism is fake or wrong, and we should all be normal or perfect and other stupid and impossible things? We even had a complete troll on here just a couple of weeks ago calling us spergs and the R word who ended up being banned, fortunately.

Why am I the one who is always wrong for being an advocate for autism while other people on the spectrum who hate it always right? But then again everything I stand up for is wrong and makes me a horrible feminist or SJW or whatever.

I can't really be a feminist though. I like the Disney Princesses, especially Belle, Jasmine, and Snow White, and I sometimes wear pink. :lol:

I'm sorry, I don't have the view that autism makes me superior.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 5:54 pm

XenoMind wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
I don't really care about being insulted.

And that's why people feel that it's perfectly fine to insult and ostracize us.

Stop taking it out of context. Used missed a very important part of that statement.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:36 pm

Pieplup wrote:
XenoMind wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Stop taking it out of context. Used missed a very important part of that statement.

Are you talking to me or the other person?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:42 pm

NT's attitudes towered us is quite important because it affects how we are treated. It is more important that our attitudes towards autism are so negative. If we don't change our attitude toward ourselves a lot of us will continue to be depressed and suicidal. If we feel bad about ourselves NT's won't change their attitudes towards us.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 7:05 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
XenoMind wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Are you talking to me or the other person?

If I was talking to you I'd just Quote you're post.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:24 am

They view us as garbage. End of line.

Because of that view, in their world, we are garbage. End of line.

That does not prevent us from creating our own sub-society down here in the metaphoric (or perhaps literal) landfill.

They're on top, and we're on the bottom.

For now. Circumstances have a way of changing over time. We might not have to wait for the Kingdom of Heaven to find out that we're in a world that has radically altered the social structure such that the last have become first and the first have become last.

Reference the state of the Anglo-European ethnicity if you don't believe me. We've been the top of the global food chain for a few centuries, but that's crumbling out from beneath our feet, due at least in part to the hubris that comes from generations at the top of the food chain...

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 4:52 pm

Chichikov wrote:
If you think that was a non sequitur then you don't understand what I'm saying.

That's true, I don't. Your logic seems elusive to the point of non-existence.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 4:40 am

I've removed all posts starting with the first ad hominem.

Please post within the rules, thank you.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 7:57 am

Booyakasha wrote:
I've removed all posts starting with the first ad hominem.

Please post within the rules, thank you.

Sorry :oops:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

adriantesq
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2017, 8:09 am

Call me a dickhead if you like but what's an ad hominem?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:18 am

adriantesq wrote:
Call me a dickhead if you like but what's an ad hominem?

I tried to explain it but it just sounded awful so here is a quote

Quote:
ad hominem is short for argumentum ad hominem, is in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself

sound familiar :wink:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard