Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:40 pm

Anti-vaccination lobbyists tricked their way into school hall for a rally, government sources reveal

Quote:
AN anti-vaccination lobby group that hired a school hall for a controversial documentary screening allegedly misrepresented the purpose of their meeting.

A Queensland Government source said the woman who hired the Miami State High School hall told the school her event was to “promote organic food and drink for a healthy lifestyle, particularly to help the aged and homeless”.

Instead, the Australian Vaccination-sceptics Network (AVN) hosted a screening of a documentary called ‘Vaxxed’ that claims to prove links between autism and vaccinations.

“There was no disclosure that the hire of the school hall would be used for screening Vaxxed, nor was there reference to any other organisation including Fans of the AVN,” a spokesman from the Department of Education and Training Queensland said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:57 pm

I got suspicious as soon as I read promote organic food and lifestyle.