Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 8:03 pm

NewTime wrote:
Didn't dinosaurs die out because Noah couldn't fit them on his ark? :lol:

Nope that was the unicorns, and they would have fit, they were just too busy playing and didn't board in time.

There's a whole song about it.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 8:20 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
These days when an American uses the word "hate" its usually followed either by the name "Donald", or by the name "Hillary", and often by both. :)

But neither of those two have a letter B in their names.

So ya got me.

I know I am a pretty easy to dislike person, so it would not surprise me. I acknowledge I come off bad.

No, not you. He's purple. His name is Barney.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 8:27 pm

NewTime wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
These days when an American uses the word "hate" its usually followed either by the name "Donald", or by the name "Hillary", and often by both. :)

But neither of those two have a letter B in their names.

So ya got me.

I know I am a pretty easy to dislike person, so it would not surprise me. I acknowledge I come off bad.

No, not you. He's purple. His name is Barney.

Really sorry for that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:03 pm

Bring a Tyrannosaurus on board the ark, and in fifteen or twenty minutes, there wouldn't be anything else alive, including Noah.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 2:32 am

A hypothesis I heard is that all the animals brought onto the ark were weaned babies and god put them into hibernation or similar.

There's also the hypothesis that the Earth existed before Adam and was reformed afer a global cataclysm. I belive the bible says that in the future the earth will basically be destroyed and reformed into a new earth. So that idea definitely exists within its pages.

So following that, the nonavian dinosaurs lived during the pre cataclysm first earth age along with other prehistoric creatures.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:08 am

Nonavian dinosaurs became extinct about 63 million years ago, when the Mesozoic Era became the Cenozoic Era.

The genus Homo emerged during the Pleistocene Epoch of the Cenozoic Era about 2-3 million years ago.

It would have been nice, though......

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 6:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nonavian dinosaurs became extinct about 63 million years ago, when the Mesozoic Era became the Cenozoic Era.

The genus Homo emerged during the Pleistocene Epoch of the Cenozoic Era about 2-3 million years ago.

It would have been nice, though......

Don't forget the avian dinosaurs, they also taste delicious.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:16 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Bring a Tyrannosaurus on board the ark, and in fifteen or twenty minutes, there wouldn't be anything else alive, including Noah.

The Bible clearly says that Noah brought all animals that breathe with their nostrils onto the Ark.

This is Angolasaurus. As you can plainly see, it has nostrils, despite being fully aquatic.

The Bible also claims that hares chew their cud, that bats are birds, and that locusts have four limbs.

The Bible was clearly NOT made by the almighty creator of the universe. It was obviously made by human beings who had limited knowledge of non-human animals.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:11 am

Yep...knowledge that was extant circa 700 BC in the Near East and regions nearby.

They knew nothing about, say, the marsupials of Australia.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:49 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
According to Ken Ham humans did coexist with non avian dinosaurs. Took dinosaurs aboard the ark, and rescued them along with all of the other land verterbrates. And dinosaurs continued to live for a few thousand years after the flood. Many YECS insist that humans put saddles on dinosaours and road them, and even Jesus himself probably road them. Then sometime in the last 2000 years dinosaurs dwindled in numbers, and are not as plentiful nowadays as they used to be.

Ken Ham is a pseudoscientific fraudster.

He tries to make creationism look "sciencey", but he's still spewing pure wind.

Christians are supposed to believe in things without evidence. That's the whole point of religion.

Therefore, trying to find evidence for the existence of God is pointless.

The scary thing is that Bible Belt morons listen to quacks like Ken Ham and Kent Hovind who have no background in paleontology instead of a real paleontologist like Robert T. Bakker. Ironically, Bakker is a Christian himself and the Bible Belt despises him.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:58 am

Society still has a hard time accepting that birds are dinosaurs. Society also wants the cultural image of dinosaurs to be like how they are portrayed in Jurassic Park and will use the "It's just a movie!" excuse as a crutch. Dinosaurs are not fantasy or science fiction creatures, they are real creatures.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 10:00 am

It would have been nice to actually SEE one....like Fred Flintstone did.....

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 10:02 am

They can be difficult at times,but totally worth it.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 10:36 am

Marknis wrote:
Society still has a hard time accepting that birds are dinosaurs. Society also wants the cultural image of dinosaurs to be like how they are portrayed in Jurassic Park and will use the "It's just a movie!" excuse as a crutch. Dinosaurs are not fantasy or science fiction creatures, they are real creatures.

A couple of years ago, I was browsing YouTube comments. One idiot on YouTube said "Archaeopteryx wasn't real! It was just a prank by a Chinese farmer!"

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

There are so many things wrong with that statement.

1. Whoever made that comment was obviously thinking about Archaeoraptor.
2. Archaeoraptor wasn't a prank. It was an honest mistake by an uneducated Chinese bloke who didn't know any better.
3. The scientific community thought that Archaeoraptor was fake from the get-go. Nevertheless, the National Geographic Society jumped all over Archaeoraptor. This is because National Geographic is a popular science magazine and not a formal scientific journal. Popular science magazines are generally untrustworthy since they rely on sensationalism in order to make money. Meanwhile, formal scientific journals are created by people who are on an honest quest for truth.
4. Even if Archaeopteryx, was a fake, that wouldn't really matter. Archaeopteryx wasn't the only dinosaurian proto-bird. What about Microraptor? What about Avisaurus? What about Hesperornis? What about Icthyornis? What about Confuciusornis? I could go on like this all day. One fake is somewhat understandable. Am I seriously supposed to believe that every single one of these fossils is a fake?

The scientific illiteracy of some people is truly revolting.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 11:50 am

Misslizard wrote:
They can be difficult at times,but totally worth it.

That's hilarious! :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 11:52 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Marknis wrote:

A couple of years ago, I was browsing YouTube comments. One idiot on YouTube said "Archaeopteryx wasn't real! It was just a prank by a Chinese farmer!"

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

There are so many things wrong with that statement.

1. Whoever made that comment was obviously thinking about Archaeoraptor.
2. Archaeoraptor wasn't a prank. It was an honest mistake by an uneducated Chinese bloke who didn't know any better.
3. The scientific community thought that Archaeoraptor was fake from the get-go. Nevertheless, the National Geographic Society jumped all over Archaeoraptor. This is because National Geographic is a popular science magazine and not a formal scientific journal. Popular science magazines are generally untrustworthy since they rely on sensationalism in order to make money. Meanwhile, formal scientific journals are created by people who are on an honest quest for truth.
4. Even if Archaeopteryx, was a fake, that wouldn't really matter. Archaeopteryx wasn't the only dinosaurian proto-bird. What about Microraptor? What about Avisaurus? What about Hesperornis? What about Icthyornis? What about Confuciusornis? I could go on like this all day. One fake is somewhat understandable. Am I seriously supposed to believe that every single one of these fossils is a fake?

The scientific illiteracy of some people is truly revolting.

I'm sure there are nuts who say those others were fakes, as well.