Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 9:56 am

Ubersensai wrote:
Hey, I'm ubersensai. First post here, just wanted to say hello and ask everyone what their opinion of people with Antisocial Personality Disorder is. Not the people so much as the disorder. Anyway, glad to join the community.
I've had experience with people who have AS-PD. Same with NPD. And honestly their selfish f**ks who don't give a f**k about others. Even more so than people with ASD. They also make it appear like they do to use you. I mean it's pretty triggering for me. They're also complete amoral. I can get extremely triggered when people compare ASD to AS-PD because it isn't the people who 'have' ASD but act like they have AS-PD are lying to you in order to manipulate you. Because people with ASD can't developer psychopathy there has been many theories on this.They conflict in major ways. Like, people with ASD don't have affective empathy, but have congitive empathy but people with AS-PD don't have cognitive empathy but have affective empathy. in other words People with AS-PD make you feel as if they have empathy even though they don't, while people with ASD make you feel as if they don't have empathy when they do. People with asd have empathy it's just lack of social skills or at least very underdeveloped social skills (I have the social skills of a five-six year old) The point is that. You see, It's kinda like a huge difference. As an example, If you show obvious signs of distress, like crying I will notice and attempt to comfort you. In my experience when I've done this it has been comforting.. That is why AS-PD can't be with ASD. Also, AS-PD and ASD conflict a huge amount. I will link to some sources. As this is a very complicated subject. But essentially imo being autistic makes it impossible for sociopathy (AS-PD) to develop. Also, professional psychiatrists have no confusion on the topic. Only the media. ASD and any form of it has no relation to AS-PD or psychopathy and even NPD. Even though it can appear as all three.. There has been various members that have argued that this has been the case. (OdysseusNemo) But no it's an either or thing. Though, The thread of that no longer exists. But no You can not have both of those disorders.
Sources:
Psychology Today 1
Psychology Today 2
Psychology today 3 :?
Psychology today 4
Quora (From Autistic)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:50 pm

Pieplup wrote:

Oh dear , I might be a psychopath or at least have tendencies :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 6:11 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

Nah.

Ubersensai
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2017, 10:53 am

Pieplup wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

Nah.

I am very very very high function. To the point where when I was younger, (no I've never had a regression) I did not lack affective empathy. I do, in these days, lack cognitive empathy.

But, you ARE correct. In most cases people with ASD can't have that behavioral difference on top of ASD because of the contradictory signs and aspects of each disorder

In this way, I am an anomaly. If I missed any details you'd like me to expound on or have any questions, PM me or ask in this thread! :D Cheers

To sum me up: I see opportunity in everything. I have learned to use my abnormalities as abilities, and obsessions as weapons or tools. Don't deny yourself. Utilize yourself. Become the potential you ooze and you will be able to get over any social deficits.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:28 pm

I've met people who appear to have AS-PD but aren't diagnosed and those who have been diagnosed and all of them really trigger me. I believe my mother has AS-PD for a variety of reasons. but neither me or my siblings seem have it. My brother is a pathological liar and my sister seem to have some manipulative traits but not personaltiy disorder level. And possibly ptsd? Me though I'm kinda a mixed bag. I hate people with AS-PD because they are hard for me to avoid but whenever I encounter them I tend to fight with them. I can't really stop myself. I tend to think that no one who has those disorder scould have asperger's syndrome I've met people who have claimed this and they honestly don't. Why am I replying to a post I've already replied to :/

Ubersensai wrote:

I am very very very high function. To the point where when I was younger, (no I've never had a regression) I did not lack affective empathy. I do, in these days, lack cognitive empathy.

But, you ARE correct. In most cases people with ASD can't have that behavioral difference on top of ASD because of the contradictory signs and aspects of each disorder

In this way, I am an anomaly. If I missed any details you'd like me to expound on or have any questions, PM me or ask in this thread! :D Cheers
I haven't talked to you enough to say one way or another. I was saying that I don't think SaveFerris could have AS-PD. [/color]

Ubersensai
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2017, 1:08 pm

Pieplup wrote:
I've met people who appear to have AS-PD but aren't diagnosed and those who have been diagnosed and all of them really trigger me. I believe my mother has AS-PD for a variety of reasons. but neither me or my siblings seem have it. My brother is a pathological liar and my sister seem to have some manipulative traits but not personaltiy disorder level. And possibly ptsd? Me though I'm kinda a mixed bag. I hate people with AS-PD because they are hard for me to avoid but whenever I encounter them I tend to fight with them. I can't really stop myself. I tend to think that no one who has those disorder scould have asperger's syndrome I've met people who have claimed this and they honestly don't. Why am I replying to a post I've already replied to :/
Ubersensai wrote:

I haven't talked to you enough to say one way or another. I was saying that I don't think SaveFerris could have AS-PD. [/color]

I getcha, I was just talking about me lol

To sum me up: I see opportunity in everything. I have learned to use my abnormalities as abilities, and obsessions as weapons or tools. Don't deny yourself. Utilize yourself. Become the potential you ooze and you will be able to get over any social deficits.