Moderate 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Severe 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 12:01 pm

Britte wrote:
Sorry, I posted and deleted my post, the other day.

I'm glad you confirmed that as I questioned if I made it up in my head that you posted, and before you apologise again , don't , there is no need , it doesn't take much to confuse me these days :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

I'm glad you confirmed that as I questioned if I made it up in my head that you posted, and before you apologise again , don't , there is no need , it doesn't take much to confuse me these days :D

If I don't at least, apologize to you, for confusing you, it might drive me mad for the rest of the day. Forgive me. :D It was the day I was nervous, that it happened. I actually had an impulse to go delete every single post I'd written that day, where the delete tab was still visible/accessable, but, instead I took other action. :)

Last edited by Britte on 07 Aug 2017, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:08 pm

Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

If I don't at least, apologize to you, for confusing you, it might drive me mad for the rest of the day. Forgive me. :D It was the day I was nervous, that it happened. I actually had an impulse to go delete every single post I'd written that day, where the delete tab was still visible/accessable, but, instead I too other action. :)

How are you today? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:18 pm

In case your question is not a rhetorical one, as it likely, wouldnt be, since tou are Autistic, I will answer, honestly. I feel intense fight or flight physical feeling. I think I am regressing a bit, in terms of social anxiety, however, I think the root of my symptoms stems from some things Im sorting through within my real life. It just happens that I am experiencing symptoms, here. For instance, I have had to do a good bit of self-talk, today, in particular, as I have had thoughts that I've caused people to become disheartened with no further desire to speak to me. I know wher this stems from and I have tools to use to help myself, although having the tools doesnt necessarily keep my thoughts in check. Thank you for asking. How are you, today, SSF? I hope very well! :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:23 pm

Britte wrote:
In case your question is not a rhetorical one, as it likely, wouldnt be, since tou are Autistic, I will answer, honestly. I feel intense fight or flight physical feeling. I think I am regressing a bit, in terms of social anxiety, however, I think the root of my symptoms stems from some things Im sorting through within my real life. It just happens that I am experiencing symptoms, here. For instance, I have had to do a good bit of self-talk, today, in particular, as I have had thoughts that I've caused people to become disheartened with no further desire to speak to me. I know wher this stems from and I have tools to use to help myself, although having the tools doesnt necessarily keep my thoughts in check. Thank you for asking. How are you, today, SSF? I hope very well! :D

I'm sorry about that :( . I know how anxiety can feel. I hope you feel better soon! :D

I'm doing better. I'm still having intrusive thoughts, but writing them down really helped.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:35 pm

Britte wrote:

If I don't at least, apologize to you, for confusing you, it might drive me mad for the rest of the day. Forgive me. :D It was the day I was nervous, that it happened. I actually had an impulse to go delete every single post I'd written that day, where the delete tab was still visible/accessable, but, instead I took other action. :)

I knew you would apologise anyway Britte :lol: and it goes without saying that I forgive you :D

I sometimes get the urge to delete the virtual me but know it's not possible.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 3:42 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

I knew you would apologise anyway Britte :lol: and it goes without saying that I forgive you :D

Not to mention that some of us might be sad if our favorite ferret disappeared :( Not gonna mention who :wink:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 4:01 pm

[quote="StampySquiddyFan
[/quote]

I'm sorry about that :( . I know how anxiety can feel. I hope you feel better soon! :D

I'm doing better. I'm still having intrusive thoughts, but writing them down really helped.[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words and sentiments, SSF.

I' glad to hear you are doing better, and very glad to hear that you are able to help yourself when intrusive thoughts rear their heads. Writing can be extremely helpful in sorting out my difficulties and calming me.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 4:11 pm

Britte wrote:
Writing can be extremely helpful in sorting out my difficulties and calming me.

I wish I could write , I have a real anxiety about putting my thoughts down on paper if it's too personal. The only reason I can write here is because I'm anonymous.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 4:25 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

Thank you, Ferris.

I'm glad to know you can relate to wanting to delete. Probably, long before you joined, I would go through phases of doing it, to a great extent. It made me appear disingenuous, but, I did it because I felt too humble and too exposed. I've made strides since then. blablabla. onward. :mrgreen:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

I wish I could write , I have a real anxiety about putting my thoughts down on paper if it's too personal. The only reason I can write here is because I'm anonymous.

I absolutely understand this, as I had always been the same. I am only able to talk about myself, here, now, as the result of Amity (a member, here) encouraging me. You should have seen my first post. I couldnt form any sentances. All I could do was make a list of words in my efforts to described an experience and my emotions. Folks were quite empathetic and wanted to help me, however, I couldn't manage to express myself, and wound up apologizing for posting. I flailed, however, Amity gave me pointers and I focused solely on them, which helped to bring me out of my mind, my fear, etc. From there I just practiced, and it became a bit more manageable, each time. Although, I cant say Ive generated many threads. I'm getting more comfortable with utilizing emojis, if you haven't noticed... :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 4:56 pm

Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

I absolutely understand this, as I had always been the same. I am only able to talk about myself, here, now, as the result of Amity (a member, here) encouraging me. You should have seen my first post. I couldnt form any sentances. All I could do was make a list of words in my efforts to described an experience and my emotions. Folks were quite empathetic and wanted to help me, however, I couldn't manage to express myself, and wound up apologizing for posting. I flailed, however, Amity gave me pointers and I focused solely on them, which helped to bring me out of my mind, my fear, etc. From there I just practiced, and it became a bit more manageable, each time. Although, I cant say Ive generated many threads. I' getting more comfortable with utilizing emojis, if you haven't noticed... :D

Amity sounds like an awesome poster , and I like to say they did a great job but that would take away all the great work you have put in yourself , it sounds like you have come a long way and made great improvements :D
Personally I see this forum as help forum so it not about starting threads , sometimes reading just one post can be the difference for some.
And yes I did notice your emojis :mrgreen: keep up the good work :D

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 5:54 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

I absolutely understand this, as I had always been the same. I am only able to talk about myself, here, now, as the result of Amity (a member, here) encouraging me. You should have seen my first post. I couldnt form any sentances. All I could do was make a list of words in my efforts to described an experience and my emotions. Folks were quite empathetic and wanted to help me, however, I couldn't manage to express myself, and wound up apologizing for posting. I flailed, however, Amity gave me pointers and I focused solely on them, which helped to bring me out of my mind, my fear, etc. From there I just practiced, and it became a bit more manageable, each time. Although, I cant say Ive generated many threads. I' getting more comfortable with utilizing emojis, if you haven't noticed... :D

Amity sounds like an awesome poster , and I like to say they did a great job but that would take away all the great work you have put in yourself , it sounds like you have come a long way and made great improvements :D
Personally I see this forum as help forum so it not about starting threads , sometimes reading just one post can be the difference for some.
And yes I did notice your emojis :mrgreen: keep up the good work :D

Thank you very much, Ferris. Indeed, I agree, that the number of posts is not important, and it certainly doesn't hold any value to me. What I had meant was that I managed to become more comfortable expressing myself/writing about myself. That's all.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 6:05 pm

Britte wrote:

Thank you very much, Ferris. Indeed, I agree, that the number of posts is not important, and it certainly doesn't hold any value to me. What I had meant was that I managed to become more comfortable expressing myself/writing about myself. That's all.

My bad. It's also taken a long time for me to be able to vocalize what's going on in my mind and share it ( I couldn't find the words as I didn't understand till coming here ) , I think the nature of my anxiety made me very closed off and private.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Britte wrote:

My bad. It's also taken a long time for me to be able to vocalize what's going on in my mind and share it ( I couldn't find the words as I didn't understand till coming here ) , I think the nature of my anxiety made me very closed off and private.

Well, then you have come a long way, yourself, as well! : )

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 7:09 pm

Britte wrote:

Well, then you have come a long way, yourself, as well! : )

Sure have , all thanks to WP or to be more precise the posters of WP :)