Page 5 of 14 [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 5:51 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
I am not a redneck, but I would like to know why people hate rednecks, or what is wrong with being one?

The word, "redneck" is usually used to describe southern white Christian folks who have strong southern accents.

Are rednecks inherently bad? Not necessarily.

Of course, the corporate elites have been feeding the rednecks authoritarian propaganda for a quite a while ... and it's working.

Additionally, most people who talk about "redneck pride" are pseudo-intellectuals who support brutal capitalism and insist that the American Civil War wasn't about slavery.

Quote:
Rednecks, in general are hard working people who have strong work ethics.

You are correct.

Of course, you aren't good at everything just because you are good at manual labor.

If manual labor is your area of expertise, you shouldn't pretend to be an expert on history and economics.

Additionally, quite a few rednecks seem to think that they understand black people better than black people do.

In other words, the redneck community is infested with ultracrepidarianism.

Quote:
They aren't the same as "white trash". Hillbillies aren't rednecks, either. I think you people are describing hillbillies rather than rednecks. Mountain folk are very set in their ways. But Dolly Parton is a "hillbilly" and worth millions.

Go on. This is new to me.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:57 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Ann Coulter and Donald Trump are truth tellers.

They're the most honest pathological liars out there. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
Ann Coulter and Donald Trump are truth tellers.

They're the most honest pathological liars out there. :wink:

The three have a shared set of values lies.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:39 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
I am not a redneck, but I would like to know why people hate rednecks, or what is wrong with being one? Rednecks, in general are hard working people who have strong work ethics. They aren't the same as "white trash". Hillbillies aren't rednecks, either. I think you people are describing hillbillies rather than rednecks. Mountain folk are very set in their ways. But Dolly Parton is a "hillbilly" and worth millions.

I think I am pretty spot on. I live in Central Texas and the redneck culture is sick. Rednecks tend to be very arrogant, confuse xenophobia with patriotism, are racist (Even towards other white ethnic groups), are homophobic (They can't go for a few sentences without saying "kaweer" or "fa***t"), drive dangerously, are anti-intellectual, think country music is a gift from God, and claim they are Christian but care more about the Friday night football game. They pick fights over stupid things, get drunk until they pass out, smoke until their nostrils burn, pollute the environment, and think it's fun to terrorize non-human animals. They don't work hard either. I see more ones living on welfare or even homeless as well.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
I am not a redneck, but I would like to know why people hate rednecks, or what is wrong with being one? Rednecks, in general are hard working people who have strong work ethics. They aren't the same as "white trash". Hillbillies aren't rednecks, either. I think you people are describing hillbillies rather than rednecks. Mountain folk are very set in their ways. But Dolly Parton is a "hillbilly" and worth millions.

I think I am pretty spot on. I live in Central Texas and the redneck culture is sick. Rednecks tend to be very arrogant, confuse xenophobia with patriotism, are racist (Even towards other white ethnic groups), are homophobic (They can't go for a few sentences without saying "kaweer" or "fa***t"), drive dangerously, are anti-intellectual, think country music is a gift from God, and claim they are Christian but care more about the Friday night football game. They pick fights over stupid things, get drunk until they pass out, smoke until their nostrils burn, pollute the environment, and think it's fun to terrorize non-human animals. They don't work hard either. I see more ones living on welfare or even homeless as well.

Are you the same kind of liberal who says we need to be open to "diversity" and not stereotype other people? Or what? I guess that seems to be a common thread among liberals. Liberals are elitists. They are always the "better educated" better knowing, more intelligent, yet "loving" and egalitarian at the same time.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:51 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

Are you the same kind of liberal who says we need to be open to "diversity" and not stereotype other people? Or what? I guess that seems to be a common thread among liberals. Liberals are elitists. They are always the "better educated" better knowing, more intelligent, yet "loving" and egalitarian at the same time.

:roll:

How does anything I say make me a liberal? I find labels like that limiting and people who overidentify with those labels are short changing themselves.
I just simply have compassion for fellow bullied human beings because mainstream American society is sick. I don't base what makes a human worthy of life by the mold society expects them to conform to but their individual being and behavior.

Rednecks bring a lot of the hatred they get on themselves. If they just stayed out of everyone else's business, no one would have any problem with them. But they feel entitled to be jerks to others but ironically cry foul when someone else stands up to them. They can dish it but not take it. Rednecks also self-segregate because they insist if you "ain't white or Chrishun or like cuntry mewsick" then you aren't a real redneck. Their culture is disgusting. It's defined by roadkill, drinking until they pass out, smoking until their nostrils and mouth burn, vomiting on the sidewalk, urinating on the grass, driving dangerously, basing a woman's worth on how "purdy" she is, harming innocent animals, awful music (Pop country), Walmart is Shangri-La to them, and football is their true God.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:00 am

Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
I'm not even American but she seems pretty awful to me from all I've seen of her.

If you think she is "awful" , then its apparent you find logic and facts awful. She does nothing but speak the truth. And I think she's great !

You are praising someone who said this:

God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

You seriously look up to someone like that? :?

The reason why she is not married at her age is not because she is on the spectrum nor is there any indication she is on it. She's just a very condescending and insufferable human being. She's actually driven away the men she's been engaged to because they realize what a b***h she really is.

Seconded! She's not an Aspie, she's a... well, let's just say a word that rhymes with hunt.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:06 am

EzraS wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
I'm not even American but she seems pretty awful to me from all I've seen of her.

If you think she is "awful" , then its apparent you find logic and facts awful. She does nothing but speak the truth. And I think she's great !

You are praising someone who said this:

God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."

So you never eat or use animal or plant products?

Eating and making use of animals, plants, and the earth is one thing, while abusing and wasting God's creation is quite another. The very bad theology that promotes that abuse and rash waste of said divine creation is known as Dominionism, and is commonly found in evangelical denominations.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2017, 4:11 pm

Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

How does anything I say make me a liberal? I find labels like that limiting and people who overidentify with those labels are short changing themselves.
I just simply have compassion for fellow bullied human beings because mainstream American society is sick. I don't base what makes a human worthy of life by the mold society expects them to conform to but their individual being and behavior.

Rednecks bring a lot of the hatred they get on themselves. If they just stayed out of everyone else's business, no one would have any problem with them. But they feel entitled to be jerks to others but ironically cry foul when someone else stands up to them. They can dish it but not take it. Rednecks also self-segregate because they insist if you "ain't white or Chrishun or like c* mewsick" then you aren't a real redneck. Their culture is disgusting. It's defined by roadkill, drinking until they pass out, smoking until their nostrils and mouth burn, vomiting on the sidewalk, urinating on the grass, driving dangerously, basing a woman's worth on how "purdy" she is, harming innocent animals, awful music (Pop country), Walmart is Shangri-La to them, and football is their true God.

You say you don't like labels.. yet you label people as "rednecks". AKA anyone who is from the South or Midwest and is mildly conservative and believes in God.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2017, 4:13 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
I am not a redneck, but I would like to know why people hate rednecks, or what is wrong with being one?

The word, "redneck" is usually used to describe southern white Christian folks who have strong southern accents.

Are rednecks inherently bad? Not necessarily.

Of course, the corporate elites have been feeding the rednecks authoritarian propaganda for a quite a while ... and it's working.

Additionally, most people who talk about "redneck pride" are pseudo-intellectuals who support brutal capitalism and insist that the American Civil War wasn't about slavery.

Quote:
Rednecks, in general are hard working people who have strong work ethics.

You are correct.

Of course, you aren't good at everything just because you are good at manual labor.

If manual labor is your area of expertise, you shouldn't pretend to be an expert on history and economics.

Additionally, quite a few rednecks seem to think that they understand black people better than black people do.

In other words, the redneck community is infested with ultracrepidarianism.

Quote:
They aren't the same as "white trash". Hillbillies aren't rednecks, either. I think you people are describing hillbillies rather than rednecks. Mountain folk are very set in their ways. But Dolly Parton is a "hillbilly" and worth millions.

Go on. This is new to me.

Rednecks are not just limited to the South. You find them in any part of the country. Having a southern accent doesn't make someone a redneck either. Not to be pedantic, but just throwing it out there.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

Rednecks bring a lot of the hatred they get on themselves. If they just stayed out of everyone else's business, no one would have any problem with them. But they feel entitled to be jerks to others but ironically cry foul when someone else stands up to them. They can dish it but not take it. Rednecks also self-segregate because they insist if you "ain't white or Chrishun or like c* mewsick" then you aren't a real redneck. Their culture is disgusting. It's defined by roadkill, drinking until they pass out, smoking until their nostrils and mouth burn, vomiting on the sidewalk, urinating on the grass, driving dangerously, basing a woman's worth on how "purdy" she is, harming innocent animals, awful music (Pop country), Walmart is Shangri-La to them, and football is their true God.

You say you don't like labels.. yet you label people as "rednecks". AKA anyone who is from the South or Midwest and is mildly conservative and believes in God.

Rednecks proudly proclaim themselves to be rednecks so they pre-categorize themselves.

And no, I don't think anyone from the south who has mild conservative beliefs and believes in God is automatically a redneck. You are blowing everything I've stated out of proportion. I've already described who I think rednecks are.

Last edited by Marknis on 26 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 4:54 pm

I'm from Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Plenty of rednecks, hillbillies, and white trash there.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:09 pm

Marknis wrote:
You are blowing everything I've stated out of proportion.

And how does that feel?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:32 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

And how does that feel?

You know, I was content on never having this dialogue again but I can't seem to escape it.

Here's the deal. I was just pointing out how cyberdad was off base and you came straight at me for not agreeing with him. Am I supposed to automatically agree with other aspies? No, I don't live by the ideals other people expect me to live by just because they say so.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:36 pm

Marknis wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

And how does that feel?

You know, I was content on never having this dialogue again but I can't seem to escape it.

Here's the deal. I was just pointing out how cyberdad was off base and you came straight at me for not agreeing with him. Am I supposed to automatically agree with other aspies? No, I don't live by the ideals other people expect me to live by just because they say so.

Read my post again. I asked how it felt to have someone blow everything you say out of proportion. Look in the mirror. You also make other people feel that way from time to time. I don't really care what the debate is about, I only wanted to catch you thinking that, and point out that you made me feel just as frustrated as you feel now.

For you to blow that out of proportion would be meta beyond my expectations, surely.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

Why don't I like stereotypical rednecks?

Because stereotypical rednecks don't like me, usually.

Rednecks are called that because they work hard, sweat--so their necks get red. That's really the only reason they're called that. All this political stuff came later.

That's correct. One doesn't have to be Southern to be a redneck.

In fact, most Southerners are not rednecks. They are usually quite conservative, God-fearing people. They tend to dress conservatively, too, and are polite almost to a fault. There is a certain amount of intolerance for other races---but it's usually not "acted upon," and, when faced with a situation where they might have to "mix" with other races, they usually don't make an effort to offend.

Most Southerners would save a black person if he/she is in some sort of distress, despite having these views. Many Northerners have these sorts of views, too.

If somebody carries around a Confederate flag in the North, that person would probably have at least some "redneck" characteristics.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 28 Aug 2017, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.