Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2017, 1:49 pm

Speed: On average, you took 4.14 seconds to find and select an item. Other participants needed 3.22 seconds on average.

More interestingly, however, when you had to remember lots of symbols, you slowed down by 5.55%. Others slowed down by 0.21%.

Memory: On average, you made 1 mistake(s) when remembering memorized symbols. Other people made 0.14 mistakes on average.

Attention on the clicking task: We also measured how much attention you paid to the clicking task (sorry, we cannot tell you how we did it right now because we do not want others to game the test). Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 0 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 6 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

BBC: Radio 4

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 2:35 pm

Speed: On average, you took 3.63 seconds to find and select an item. Other participants needed 3.22 seconds on average.

More interestingly, however, when you had to remember lots of symbols, you got faster by 2.31%. Others slowed down by 0.21%.

Memory: On average, you made 0 mistake(s) when remembering memorized symbols. Other people made 0.14 mistakes on average.

Attention on the clicking task: We also measured how much attention you paid to the clicking task (sorry, we cannot tell you how we did it right now because we do not want others to game the test). Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 2 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 6 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

I'm guessing my speed increased when I had to remember symbols because I wasn't paying as much attention to making sure I got it right, since my mind was busy with two things.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 5:08 pm

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 5:49 pm

Quote:
Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 6 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 2 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

I have some weird reverso-mind.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 5:53 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Quote:
Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 6 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 2 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

same as me then :lol:

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 6:41 pm

Speed: On average, you took 2.91 seconds to find and select an item. Other participants needed 3.22 seconds on average.

More interestingly, however, when you had to remember lots of symbols, you slowed down by 5.27%. Others slowed down by 0.21%.

Memory: On average, you made 0 mistake(s) when remembering memorized symbols. Other people made 0.14 mistakes on average.

Attention on the clicking task: Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 4 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 1 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Quote:

Same as me as well

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 8:57 pm

Keladry wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
Quote:

Same as me as well

I find it weird that my attention is at it's best when I'm remembering other details and much worse when I'm remembering nothing. I suppose that means I'm not as bad at multitasking as I thought although I do have a thing for car number/license plates which is how I saw the things you had to remember.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 2:46 pm

Uh, attention speed crawled (decreased) nearly 29 percent.

iCANTthinkOFaNAME
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2017, 5:55 pm

Speed: On average, you took 2.78 seconds to find and select an item. Other participants needed 3.22 seconds on average.

More interestingly, however, when you had to remember lots of symbols, you slowed down by 3.66%. Others slowed down by 0.21%.

Attention on the clicking task: We also measured how much attention you paid to the clicking task (sorry, we cannot tell you how we did it right now because we do not want others to game the test). Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 0 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 3 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

As you can see in the graph below, people do best on the clicking task when their mind is occupied just a little and they do less well when their minds are completely bored or very busy.

The 6 symbol remembering was difficult, but managed to use a remembering technique.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2017, 2:00 am

Speed: On average, you took 3.56 seconds to find and select an item. Other participants needed 3.22 seconds on average.

More interestingly, however, when you had to remember lots of symbols, you slowed down by 9.25%. Others slowed down by 0.21%.

Memory: On average, you made 0.3 mistake(s) when remembering memorized symbols. Other people made 0.14 mistakes on average.

Attention on the clicking task: We also measured how much attention you paid to the clicking task (sorry, we cannot tell you how we did it right now because we do not want others to game the test). Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 3 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 6 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

---

I guess this is to suspect from someone who has working memory issues. I slow down when there is too much on my mind.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 10:28 am

I got a pretty high score :lol: I just kept saying the same letters over and over again. :razz:
Image Image

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

Pieplup wrote:
I just kept saying the same letters over and over again. ]

I made the letters and numbers into a sentence and only had to repeat it a few times through the test , I do the same with every number/license plate I see IRL eg BP99NPC =Brain Power 99 Near Perfect Cortex :roll:

NikNak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2017, 1:50 pm

Here are your results
Speed: On average, you took 3.32 seconds to find and select an item. Other participants needed 3.22 seconds on average.

More interestingly, however, when you had to remember lots of symbols, you slowed down by 17.54%. Others slowed down by 0.21%.

Memory: On average, you made 0.7 mistake(s) when remembering memorized symbols. Other people made 0.14 mistakes on average.

Attention on the clicking task: We also measured how much attention you paid to the clicking task (sorry, we cannot tell you how we did it right now because we do not want others to game the test). Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 4 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 2 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

I imagine using a touchpad didn't help me here.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

Speed: On average, you took 4.18 seconds to find and select an item. Other participants needed 3.22 seconds on average.

More interestingly, however, when you had to remember lots of symbols, you got faster by 20.2%. Others slowed down by 0.21%.

Attention on the clicking task: We also measured how much attention you paid to the clicking task (sorry, we cannot tell you how we did it right now because we do not want others to game the test). Your attention score was the highest when you had to remember 4 symbol(s) and lowest when you had to remember 0 symbol(s). On average, other participants had the highest attention scores when they had to remember 2 symbols and lowest when they had to remember 6 symbols.

When computing your results, we excluded the first three clicks in each part (we assume you were just warming up). We also excluded any clicks where it took you longer than 7 seconds to respond (we assume you got distracted there).

Haha, as a matter of fact I did- my phone kept going off because people were messaging me. I told them I was doing a quiz and needed to focus so they left me alone for a bit.

Trouble is, now I'm gonna have the catchy tune of "864LNR" in my head. XD Wrong order, but at least I got all the symbols right. :D I repeated most of them and made them into a bit of a tune/beat.