Homophobic and or racist Aspies here? Aspie supremacists?

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 2:47 pm

I have found the occurrence of this here at this forum to be disgusting to say the least. I mean, we of all people should know that all people should be accepted for how they are, and not how others imagine, so long as they are not committing acts of violence, theft, or fraud. I think its horrible that there are threads here saying that its OK for homophobia to be preached from the pulpit--the Unholy Babble also supports racism and the oppression of women, so should THAT be ok to preach too?

Also, while looking at this forum but unable to post due to a wonky wi fi, I found a thread advocating an autistic nation or some such posted by a self avowed autistic Hitler! I cant find the thread now, but to that person I would like to say the following. This is a support group, a place for people like us to get advice and encouragement and discuss our issues. It is most certainly not an Aspie nationalist group like Stormfront for Aspies. I have two degrees in biology sir, and I can tell you that your views on the subject are hideously skewed and made up of the worst kind of popular tripe if you do indeed see Autism as evolution in action and Auties and Aspies as a new species.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 6:42 pm

This is a snapshot of a society like any other.
And like any snapshot, it will contain the good, the bad and the ugly.
I would be surprised if WP didn't have those kind of threads tbh.
It's the internet.
Why wouldn't some aspies be racist or supremacist?
Aspies are still people.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 8:18 pm

drwho222 wrote:
the Unholy Babble also supports racism and the oppression of women, so should THAT be ok to preach too?

Whoah, dude, what's with all the Christianophobia? I have found the occurrence of that to be disgusting to say the least. I mean, we of all people should know that all people should be accepted for how they are.

If you want to silence people you don't agree with by demonising them maybe you should try twitter instead?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 5:31 am

I'm not a racist really, but I do get offended when foreign muslims wear burkas in the UK, and build mosques in the UK, and all of that. It's fine in their countries, but this is England. They're destroying our British culture. Some muslims get offended when seeing British flags up, or in November when shops are displaying poppy-themed items, the muslims don't like it. Well, in my opinion, if they want to live here in the UK, they must respect our culture. If any of us went to a muslim country and built christain churches and openly expressed our culture and got offended by their culture, we would probably get our heads chopped off as punishment.

I suppose somebody will get offended at this, but it's what a lot of British people feel.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 5:41 am

Moved from Random Discussion.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 6:15 am

I don't care if Muslims wear burkas or build mosques in my country, the US.

But it's ridiculous for anybody living here to be offended by our flag.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 6:45 am

I have only ever been described as "racist" by WrongPlanet.net users.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 7:46 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'm not a racist really, but I do get offended when foreign muslims wear burkas in the UK, and build mosques in the UK, and all of that. It's fine in their countries, but this is England. They're destroying our British culture. Some muslims get offended when seeing British flags up, or in November when shops are displaying poppy-themed items, the muslims don't like it. Well, in my opinion, if they want to live here in the UK, they must respect our culture. If any of us went to a muslim country and built christain churches and openly expressed our culture and got offended by their culture, we would probably get our heads chopped off as punishment.

I suppose somebody will get offended at this, but it's what a lot of British people feel.

Unfortunately Joe I think your right about a lot of British people feeling the same as you.
I think it is due to scaremongering by the scum that is the British press , it has created too much Islamophobia and people like Tommy Robinson have ridden on the media tailcoat trying to ply his fascist agenda by making out it's not racism to be an Islamophobe , the guy has clearly not heard of cultural racism. :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 7:57 am

I am bewildered about compassionate individuals who turn a blind eye to those in Islam who toss LGBT individuals off cliffs or down wells. I don't expect all Muslims to speak out against this practice, but is there just one imam who has shown his compassion by arguing against it?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:10 am

AspieUtah wrote:
I am bewildered about compassionate individuals who turn a blind eye to those in Islam who toss LGBT individuals off cliffs or down wells. I don't expect all Muslims to speak out against this practice, but is there just one imam who has shown his compassion by arguing against it?

I don't know for a fact but what your talking about is done by Muslims who use an extremist interpretation of Islamic texts and sharia law - ISIS basically :skull:

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:44 am

SaveFerris wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

I don't know for a fact but what your talking about is done by Muslims who use an extremist interpretation of Islamic texts and sharia law - ISIS basically :skull:

52% of UK Muslims think homosexuality should be a crime vs 11% of the general population. Not that it's wrong or sinful but that homosexual people should be punished or jailed and forced to stop being gay.

Maybe you should ditch your apologist rhetoric.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:52 am

To the question itself -- why not? :lol: Discrimination is human. And perhaps a choice, too. So why not?

From where I live, people are too tolerant.

Tolerance is not equals acceptance. Nor it is equality.
From where I live, racism is rampant. Discrimination is rampant -- all sides not only the typical negative stuff, but also 'positive'. Even towards each other or their own.

Foreign stuffs are welcome. Mostly welcome. Due to positive discrimination. Muslims here are the largest minority -- probably in this country long before Christianity is introduced, and why they're not really an odd sight. And practically converting to be one is one chance of actually allowing divorce.
LGBT acceptance is growing... Several celebrities are openly LGBT. Not some parody or something to be tossed around, serious stuffs here are being tackled for years now.

But I highly doubt there would be (christian) divorce, gay marriage, or abortion legal anytime soon.

I wonder what other aspies' general views are from where I live... :| I only seen the foreign versions from this forum and the net. Even though it'll be as vary, I wanna know the inclinations considering the factor of culture(s).

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:53 am

SaveFerris wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Indeed. This is why I asked if just one imam worldwide has ever argued against such extremism. By the way, no less than U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton described the evolution of ISIS/ISIL, etc., as having been started with U.S. government (Carter and Reagan) arming and financing of the mujahideen in Afghanistan during the 1970s and 1980s ( https://www.democracynow.org/2004/6/10/ ... _armed_the ). History then tells us that the mujahideen transformed into the Taliban which kinda, sorta, tranformed into Al Qaeda which has being transforming ever since into various IS states and organizations. All along, she suggested, the U.S. government armed and financed it all. Of course, many world leaders and political forecasters said the same thing years before Clinton spilled it all (she has always had an ego which tells the brutal truth even if she never intended to be so honest).

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 8:56 am

SaveFerris wrote:
making out it's not racism to be an Islamophobe

Islam isn't a race. So it's not.

It's not "cultural racism" either. Racism is an unjustifiable prejudice. Speaking out against rape victims being stoned, gay people murdered and women denied their rights is not a prejudice. "Racism" is a pejorative term thrown around in an attempt to shut down reasonable debate.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

Joe90 wrote:

I agree. I hope to travel to the UK one day and when I get there, I want to see British culture and British things. I don't want to see a bunch of mosques, burkas and swastikas. They actually use swastikas as a symbol of peace. How stupid and ironic.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 9:06 am

Chichikov wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
making out it's not racism to be an Islamophobe

Islam isn't a race. So it's not.

It's not "cultural racism" either. Racism is an unjustifiable prejudice. Speaking out against rape victims being stoned, gay people murdered and women denied their rights is not a prejudice. "Racism" is a pejorative term thrown around in an attempt to shut down reasonable debate.

Being black isn't a race either :roll: