Does anybody here have a hard time sounding enthusiastic?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 3:53 pm

Usually in situations where I'm expected to sound that way, I just don't. Naturally I just don't tend to sound enthusiastic even when I am, so I can only really sound enthusiastic when I'm trying to sound that way, but usually when I attempt that- people just think I sound sarcastic. I guess I must just over do the enthusiasm so it sounds fake and therefore sarcastic.

How about you?

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Aug 2017, 5:09 pm

Yes, flat and even monotonal voice is quite common amongst us Aspies. I tend to get asked why I sound miserable or am not happy about something and should be. NT's do not understand people who do not sound emotional.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 5:16 pm

Again, I'm atypical. I have been told I am too enthusiastic, especially about my favorite things.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 6:30 pm

Celebrity MC with Big Check: You've just won a MILLION DOLLARS!! !! :D

Me: kewl. :?

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 6:40 pm

will@rd wrote:
Celebrity MC with Big Check: You've just won a MILLION DOLLARS!! ! ! :D

Me: kewl. :?

Sounds like something I'd do.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:44 pm

Oh, tell me about it! I am visiting family at the moment, and I'm drained, stimmy, and flat (affect). I don't know if it's because I haven't seen them in a while and I'm anxious, or if that's just my normal behavior (you'd think I would know by now, but my eye contact improves over time, so I'm not entirely sure :? ). On the other hand, if I'm with someone I know well and we are discussing an interest or opinion of mine, then I am way too enthusiastic. :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 8:55 pm

Did you go in the water today?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Did you go in the water today?

Nope, not yet sadly :( . Just visiting family. It's really hard to deal with all this socializing! I don't know if this is my anxiety or social impairment. How are you doing today? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

I'm doing okay. A sort of hard day at work.

Are there kids your age in this family you're visiting? Are these cousins of yours?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm doing okay. A sort of hard day at work.

Are there kids your age in this family you're visiting? Are these cousins of yours?

I'm sorry you had a hard day at work. I get really hard days at school sometimes and the worst is when I have to talk to my friend at the end of a long, hard day (not because I don't enjoy talking to her, but because I am exhausted and sad).

Yup- NT cousins........ dun dun dun :D . One of them is sort of annoying, so that's why I couldn't get away until now. I'm leaving tomorrow to go visit more relatives.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:23 pm

I know it's not easy for you sometimes.

But it's nice that you are taking the time to hang out with your cousins, even if you don't feel like it.

Do the adults have you play the violin for them?

I hope you get some nice extended time in the water tomorrow.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's nice that you're taking the time to hang out with you cousins, even if you don't feel like it.

Do the adults have you play the violin for them?

I'm so passive in real life that I can't stand up for myself lol :D . I've had many of my things broken from them getting too rough (on accident, of course).

Nope- thank goodness. I'm just enjoying myself on vacation. I was wondering why I wasn't more anxious from the change- normally I can't wait to get home :D .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

At least you were able to hang out with us tonight :D

If your violin is a Stradivarius, I would keep it far away from your cousins LOL. Those violins are way to valuable to break!

I'm thinking you like the break from all that practicing on the violin, and that the weather is nice. The beach usually smells pretty good too because of the nice scent of the ocean.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
At least you were able to hang out with us tonight :D

If your violin is a Stradivarius, I would keep it far away from your
cousins LOL. Those violins are way to valuable to break!

I'm thinking you like the break from all that practicing on the violin, and that the weather is nice. The beach usually smells pretty good too because of the nice scent of the ocean.

Yup! I've been missing this place all day :D .

My violin isn't that good lol, but it is pretty expensive. My cousin tried to play it once, and that was enough!

Yeah- it's great here. I'm glad to get a break. Sadly, my OCD doesn't take a break LOL :D .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:45 pm

Yep....it sucks to have OCD---especially in unfamiliar areas.

But at least you have us, to have a little fun and take your mind off of things.

Do you listen to a special song before you go to sleep?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep....it sucks to have OCD---especially in unfamiliar areas.

But at least you have us, to have a little fun and take your mind off of things.

Do you listen to a special song before you go to sleep?

Yeah- this forum and you guys are so great :D . I'm glad that I can be with family, but this is my planet lol (Wrongplanet :D ).

I can't listen to a song now because my sister is in the room sleeping and I don't have headphones, but I love listening to and watching all the America's Got Talent singing acts (and the other acts, too!).