Deadly violence at white nationalist demonstration

Page 10 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The height of ridiculousness is where injured white supremacists would rather have an untrained white intern treat their injuries in an emergency ward rather than a top Asian doctor.

Well, I'm nowhere NEAR a fan of WS/NN, but I'd MUCH rather have an American doctor than a non-American one----though, I don't know about "an untrained white intern"----cuz I feel it increases my chances of someone understanding me, better; whereas, with a foreign born / raised doctor, not only is it difficult, most times, to understand what they're saying, because of their accent, often, IMO, because of their culture, they are not big fans of Americans, cuz they think we're whiny, lazy, and stuff.

Not wanting to split hairs but isn't the Asian doctor an American?

You ARE splitting hairs----cuz, after all of the details I included in that paragraph, the only thing you seem to have seen, was what prompted that ONE question.

YES, the Asian doctor is probably a naturalized citizen----but, you ignored my carefully thought-out qualification of that statement: "foreign born / raised", and that I usually have to work, entirely too hard, IMO, to understand what they're saying, because of their accent.

I ALSO said that their CULTURE "guides" their care of us, Americans----again, if they're foreign-born / raised; and, before you say it..... If they're NOT foreign-born / raised, they're STILL (understandably) raised with THEIR culture, in THIS country!!

I'm starting to think that you're one of the non-Americans who think that we, all, Americans, just like to whine, and that's why I said what I did, about doctors----but, like I said, before, I'm just trying to give you another side of the story / another angle, to consider.....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 2:03 pm

cyberdad and Campin_Cat wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Please, PLEASE stop speaking so matter-of-factly, regarding issues in the U.S.----cuz, you DON'T know----and, IMO, even some of the white people on here, who live in Whiteville, U.S.A, DON'T know. That's why I speak, so often, about race issues / relations, in the U.S., because I feel extremely passionate about the importance of people hearing another side, of the story (because I DON'T live in "Whiteville").

I've mentioned before that I don't live in the US and have no personal investment in African Americans.

You're darn right, you have "no personal investment"----cuz, if you did, you'd know that MOST blacks, in America, DON'T like being called "African Americans". I've gotten in WAAAAAY more trouble (meaning, gotten in trouble, more often), calling blacks, AA, than I have, calling them "black"----betcha thought I was just being obstinate, dint ya?

However it's the overarching principle that should supersede local culture when it comes to getting along.

SURE, it should----but, then, you need to be preachin' that to some black Americans, TOO, and stop preachin' it, AT ME, and lumpin' all white Americans, together, cuz I take great care, in making-sure, that I treat everybody, the same!!

I would like to think white Americans can move beyond looking at "dark skinned" people as either outsiders or foreigners in as much as we Australians are guilty of doing the same thing to non-white people.

That's it, in-a-nutshell, IMO----you, apparently, think that you can speak to AMERICANS' race problems, because y'all have some race issues; but, IMO, you can NOT, because it's different cultures / peoples, and, again, until you've walked a mile, in OUR shoes.....

Also, since I have asked you innumerable times, to please stop talking so matter-of-factly, about the U.S. / Americans----and, because you continue to REFUSE, lemme give you an example (since your recent revelation, about you being a self-diagnosed Aspie, and because so many of us need people to say things, DIRECTLY).....

WRONG way, to make statements (matter-of-factly)

"I think white Americans should....."
"I think Americans are....."
"Why do Americans always....."

RIGHT way, to make statements (NOT matter-of-factly)

"I think there are some white Americans, who should....."
"It seems there are alot of Americans, who are....."
"Why do some Americans often....."

.....AND, IMO, that goes-for ANY country / its citizens, about whom you're speaking----as well as any other GROUP of people, and with any OTHER thing you're trying to convey; AND, Americans should be doing that (NOT speaking so matter-of-factly), as well, AFAIC.

I've seen you tout your education, on this site----surely, you can understand this?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 2:10 am

Most middle class (white) American voters, should reconsider blindly supporting Donald Trump"
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... exit-polls

"It seems there are alot of (white) Americans, who are Trump supporters" (see above)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:45 am

/\ LOLOLOL You had to work really hard to come-up with a way to respond, to me----and, since that's the best you could do, I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 1:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I understand other people's views just fine.

Ok so why all the hate?

Harsh minded conservatives when they see me: "Look at that weirdo. He's different. He needs to grow some balls and start hunting with a machine gun."

It's harsh but atleast they are correct in that I am different.

Harsh minded liberals when they see me: "f**k you, you white male scum! You are getting high fives from other white males and they are offering their daughters in marriage to you! You should kill yourself! You perpetuate racism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism just by breathing!"

Very wrong and unfair.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

I haven't met too many liberals who talk that way.....

They don't get into the White Guilt thing THAT much....

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:27 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
/\ LOLOLOL You had to work really hard to come-up with a way to respond, to me----and, since that's the best you could do, I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

fare thee well :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:34 pm

Marknis wrote:
Harsh minded liberals when they see me: "f**k you, you white male scum! You are getting high fives from other white males and they are offering their daughters in marriage to you! You should kill yourself! You perpetuate racism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism just by breathing!"
Very wrong and unfair.

If this is your perception then I'm sorry, I honestly don't want to trigger memories of bad experiences of people you describe as "harsh minded liberals".

NightEclipse
Raven
Raven

27 Aug 2017, 10:01 pm

There wouldn't have been any violence if Antifa and Black Lives Matter hadn't shown up.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

NightEclipse wrote:
There wouldn't have been any violence if Antifa and Black Lives Matter hadn't shown up.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Blaming_the_victim

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 10:28 pm

NightEclipse wrote:

Yep and the fact the Nazis were armed to the teeth and then hunted in "wolf packs" on unsuspecting protestors long after the march was over, celebrated the death of a young girl and then threatened to kill more protestors in future is because....(please feel free to fill in this gap)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 11:49 pm

case in point
http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/08/2 ... firing-gun

Why are these people allowed to roam free?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 11:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Why are these people allowed to roam free?

They're white. That's why.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:19 am

NightEclipse wrote:

I really dislike Antifa but their would have been violence because those Nazis came looking to brawl to get noticed. They would have beat on the non BLM and Antifa counter protesters or if there no counter protesters anybody black or looked Jewish or gay to them.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 28 Aug 2017, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:52 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

I really dislike Antifa but their would have been violence because those Nazis came looking to brawl to get noticed. They would have beat on the non BLM and Antifa counter protesters or if there no counter protesters anybody black that looked Jewish or gay to them.

Reminds me of our right wingers in Australia. In 2005 they organised a riot in Cronulla beach in NSW (the infamous Cronulla riots). Their target was supposedly Lebonese men but they ended up bashing anyone who wasn't white unlucky enough to be in the vicinity.To this day none of those thugs were ever arrested.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 3:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
NightEclipse wrote:

I really dislike Antifa but their would have been violence because those Nazis came looking to brawl to get noticed. They would have beat on the non BLM and Antifa counter protesters or if there no counter protesters anybody black or looked Jewish or gay to them.

Come on, that's pure conjecture.