Trump avoiding criticism of white supremacists

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:51 pm

The Confederate statues were erected at the same time that they made the parks Whites Only after Reconstruction. They expressly indicated a threat, and todat thet symbolize oppression. The actual Nazis marching in protest of their removal should remove all doubt as to their meaning.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:58 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
The Confederate statues were erected at the same time that they made the parks Whites Only after Reconstruction. They expressly indicated a threat, and todat thet symbolize oppression. The actual Nazis marching in protest of their removal should remove all doubt as to their meaning.

Isn't that the time these guys want America to return to though? "Le grande apartheid"

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:28 pm

Maybe they're just really into history?

Exclusively racist history, with massive revisions away from the facts, of course.

Facts? Ain't nobody got time for that nowadays.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:37 pm

There is no shortage of small minds and ideological zealotry on the right or the left. These people are unable to place objects in historical context. Yes, maybe the statues do belong in the cemetery, but the way it's happening is no better than ISIS destroying historic artifacts that don't represent their current ideology.

This venting of rage against mute Civil War monuments is only a prelude to the destruction of monuments honoring America's Founding Fathers.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 5:51 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
There is no shortage of small minds and ideological zealotry on the right or the left. These people are unable to place objects in historical context. Yes, maybe the statues do belong in the cemetery, but the way it's happening is no better than ISIS destroying historic artifacts that don't represent their current ideology.

Absolute Rubbish

ISIS is destroying relics of old Mesopotamia. Back then, the Middle East was awesome.

Those relics do not represent racism or slavery. They just represent an ancient culture that invented astronomy.

Quote:
This venting of rage against mute Civil War monuments is only a prelude to the destruction of monuments honoring America's Founding Fathers.

Slippery Slope is a logical fallacy.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:27 pm

Confederate sympathizers can steal the statues AFAIC. Just get them out of public view, and you can, you know, do whatever you want with them.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:32 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Confederate sympathizers can steal the statues AFAIC. Just get them out of public view, and you can, you know, do whatever you want with them.

... and then upload that onto RedTube. :lol:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 7:52 pm

TRUMP
SUPPORTS
WHITE
SUPREMACY

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

Trump has won the David Duke seal of approval!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Trump goes back to criticising leftwingers and bemoans removing statues of slave owners

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/p ... ville.html

I think he has a valid point. Should slave owner Thomas Jefferson's statues and images be removed? If not, why not?
Where does it stop?

cyberdad wrote:
former KKK leader David Duke congratulates Trump again for being a patriot

Is that an implication of something?[/quote]

Washington And Jefferson were American patriots. Lee and the other Confederates were American traitors who fought for the survival of slavery. Thus endeth the lesson.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I think he has a valid point. Should slave owner Thomas Jefferson's statues and images be removed? If not, why not?
Where does it stop?

Stonewall Jackson and Robert E Lee fought to protect slavery so the symbolism should be obvious even to Trump. Washington and Jefferson may have kept slaves but weren't necessarily fighting to maintain slavery.

Sure it starts off with the worst offenders, Jackson and Lee. But is that where it's going to stop? That's a legitimate question and concern for many I'm sure.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Where does it stop?

Stonewall Jackson and Robert E Lee fought to protect slavery so the symbolism should be obvious even to Trump. Washington and Jefferson may have kept slaves but weren't necessarily fighting to maintain slavery.

Sure it starts off with the worst offenders, Jackson and Lee. But is that where it's going to stop? That's a legitimate question and concern for many I'm sure.

I think the AAs would be happy with stopping at Robert E Lee. I've read a little bit about Stonewall Jackson and he does seem like an honourable person but he did fight for the wrong side and like Nazi war criminals his legacy should not be glorified

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:39 pm

Shrapnel wrote:

A bit of a stretch to consider Jackson and Lee as "founding fathers"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Duke is taking on the look of a vampire in his old age

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:56 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Raptor wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Whether you caused it yourself or not, enjoying the suffering of others is a sign of a pathological mind.

Yeah, I've been called a psychopath, a sick sociopath, and probably other paths but you can just call me Pathy for short.
:P

If you enjoy the suffering of others so much, maybe you should look for a support forum for sadistic people and leave autistic people alone. It doesn't sound like this is the right place for you.

Hey, psychopathy can be co-morbid with Asperger's. Is there actually a support forum for Psycho-Aspies? People here would miss my earthy wisdom and rapier wit. :jester:

Best regards,
'Pathy

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Duke is taking on the look of a vampire in his old age

He looks like a vampire. His political philosophy is a chimera.