Online dating: what does "curious" mean?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 2:50 pm

I am on online dating sites, and i see a number of profiles say "i am curious" or "i am looking for a partner who is curious".

I see it so frequently that i wonder if it is some dating lingo or innuendo that i am unfamiliar with? Does it mean someone with a fetish?

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2017, 8:18 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
I am on online dating sites, and i see a number of profiles say "i am curious" or "i am looking for a partner who is curious".

I see it so frequently that i wonder if it is some dating lingo or innuendo that i am unfamiliar with? Does it mean someone with a fetish?

Probably curious to try out the other sex.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 9:11 pm

Maybe they want someone to solve mysteries with.
To be the Watson to their Sherlock.

Or, what the above person said.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:21 am

Could be they curious by nature like kids. I am. I investigate random things while I'm out and about. Things most people,wouldn't look twice at. Like what's this thing on the floor, whys it here, what's it do. Others would see it as a wast of time. I also enjoy learning how things are made and what they do.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:22 am

TheSpectrum wrote:

The above would be nice. Detective couple :p sounds so cute, even if just exploring or tinkering with stuff todpgether.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:28 am

Could mean anything, one has to look at the context of the words. NT's love to write meaningless, contradictory and dubious things in their profile descriptions.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 10:11 am

It means they're into anal and other nasty stuff.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 10:57 am

"Dubious NT things" - lol i never thought of that. I like the description though haha!

Boo, yeah that's what i was afraid of XD

I guess either way i will continue to be wary of the "curious" daters 0.o

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:36 am

"Curious"-Similar perhaps to "questioning" or, as another poster said, into fetishes or other unhealthy sexual habits, not selective and willing to try anything, regardless of consequences

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:44 am

I'm seeing so many potential "true" definitions here that I have a hard time deciding which one I vouch for.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:33 pm

IstominFan wrote:
"Curious"-Similar perhaps to "questioning" or, as another poster said, into fetishes or other unhealthy sexual habits, not selective and willing to try anything, regardless of consequences

My partner did a nasty thing once and it was a very unpleasant expetience; she was.... well, giving me oral while I was on my back, and she went down to my anus and licked it by suprise; I pulled myself yelled at her to wash her mouth with soap immediately before continuing; telling her not ever to do it again because it's so f**** unhealthy and nasty.

Ugh... seriously; no matter how you know the person they may still shock you at times in cetain things; I hope she doesn't have other hidden urges.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:42 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

My partner did a nasty thing once and it was a very unpleasant expetience; she was.... well, giving me oral while I was on my back, and she went down to my anus and licked it by suprise; I pulled myself yelled at her to wash her mouth with soap immediately before continuing; telling her not ever to do it again because it's so f**** unhealthy and nasty.

Ugh... seriously; no matter how you know the person they may still shock you at times in cetain things; I hope she doesn't have other hidden urges.

I can relate :lol:

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2017, 5:39 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

it means they are looking for someone that hasn't lost their sense of wonder at the world around us...someone that is still inquisitive and looks out at the world with fresh eyes, instead of jaded ones. potentially it could mean trying out new things, and maybe they even mean sexual but, in essence it's a requirement asking for respondents that are not "set in their ways" and afraid to venture out of their comfort zone...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 5:21 am

Closet Genious wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

I can relate :lol:

You relate to me or to what she did? :pale:
How did you handle it?

She felt bad about it; saying it just happened (and she didn't do again at all)- but no way I can comprise on this; it's a too nasty thing to tolerate.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 7:47 am

sly279 wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

The above would be nice. Detective couple :p sounds so cute, even if just exploring or tinkering with stuff todpgether.

Ahh! Have you heard The song "Jackie and Wilson" by Hozier? He sings, "We'll steal her Lexus, be detectives, ride round pickin' up clues..."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:48 am

It means they want to try "exotic" sexual things.

Aspies have been known to do "dubious" things, too.