Baltimore: ALL Confederate Statues Have Now Been Removed

Page 9 of 57 [ 902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 57  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:09 pm

Some people unfortunately will take it to far.
Like the ones that get their panties in a twist over a white person wearing dreds.When the real issue should be unarmed Black men getting shot in the back by the police.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:10 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
So basically, what you seem to be saying is,
if you are offended by a statue,
don't look at it?

My, what a concept ...

Wouldn't it be nice if conservatives took this attitude and applied it to gangsta rap?

Don't like it? Don't listen to it! What a concept!

Conservatives have done their share of censoring and record burning
Burn Your Beatles Records!
Quote:
Early August 1966, Christian groups, primarily in the Southern United States took to the streets to burn the sin out of their beloved Beatles records in response to John Lennon’s remark that the Beatles were “more popular than Jesus.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:44 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Think someone is a troll or a cyberbully? Easy, just don't read their posts. That's right, just skip over them. If you're so neurotic that you just HAVE to read what they write in case they might be talking about you then maybe it's time to cowboy up a little and get a life off-line.

So basically, what you seem to be saying is, if you are offended by a statue, don't look at it? My, what a concept ...

EXACTLY!!

I said, somewhere on one of these Confederacy threads, that to me, it really isn't any different than changing the channel / station, on the TV/radio----and, that if someone didn't wanna see them, just don't go where they ARE (sometimes, it's unavoidable, if the statues are located at one's workplace, for instance - but, then, they don't have to look at them). The rights of one group of people, shouldn't take-away the rights of another group of people----IOW, people who WANT the statues, there, have just as much right to have them, as people have a right to NOT want them; and, if the people who don't want them, just avoided those locations, then EVERYBODY could WIN (the statues could remain, and people, who didn't want to look at them, could choose NOT to)! !

Also, I've walked-by a million-and-one statues, and never looked-up to read who/what it was, and I'm sure most people don't (cuz we've all got other stuff on our minds)----and, IMO, the only reason they know who the statue is, NOW, is because there's such a big fuss, about them.

It's all so unbelievably ridiculous to me, because I share President Trump's sentiment: "When will it end?". IMO, whenever someone caves, to someone else's whining, it doesn't stop the whining, it just makes them whine about something ELSE.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:52 pm

Darmok wrote:
No, this is not the satirical Onion newspaper. It's the real big-time media. Today.

ESPN confirmed Tuesday night that it had decided to pull an announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee. This Robert Lee is Asian.

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties,” reads the ESPN statement posted at the popular Fox Sports college-football blog Outkick the Coverage.

That's right: ESPN pulled an Asian sports announcer off the air because his name is Robert Lee (you know, like the Confederate general from the 19th century).

In 50 or 100 years, anthropologists and psychologists will study our times with amazement.

http://patterico.com/jury/2017/08/22/th ... rrectness/

I heard about this, this morning----and, I was like "SMN". This is, IMO, so unbelievably ridiculous, and BEYOND stupid!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:54 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Okay, this ( http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/23/mike- ... tionalist/ ) seems relevant. Plus, it is entertaining given that most celebrities only mouth the words that their public-relations employees tell them to support. It is a rare occasion when a celebrity goes off in a purely personal and intellectual way.

To the daring individual who provoked this now famous reply, I believe that it must seem that the sky is falling. Some celebrities do bite back.

EXCELLENT article/comeback, directed at that idiot!! People are FOREVER conflating things, to fit their agenda!!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 1:25 pm

Many of the controversial statues are in courthouse lawns and public parks.
No way to avoid then if you work in one of these places,have business or want to picnic.
If I was Black I wouldn't want to picnic under one of these,or have to look at it everyday I went to work.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 2:27 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Darmok wrote:
I actually don't care whether people take down Confederate statues or not. Provided, however, that they do not touch my famous and heroic cousin, the great General Jubilation T. Cornpone -- may he live in our memory forever!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he's been gone awhile. He tumped over about twenty years ago, with his mount's nose in the dirt and had growing weeds all around him.

Those Antifa devils have been undermining American civilization for longer than we thought!

There Are Four Lights!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 2:46 pm

Darmok wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Darmok wrote:
I actually don't care whether people take down Confederate statues or not. Provided, however, that they do not touch my famous and heroic cousin, the great General Jubilation T. Cornpone -- may he live in our memory forever!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he's been gone awhile. He tumped over about twenty years ago, with his mount's nose in the dirt and had growing weeds all around him.

Those Antifa devils have been undermining American civilization for longer than we thought!

I heard they raped Daisy Mae and Lil'Abner after they pushed the General over.And all along we blamed the Yankees for it.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 3:21 pm

Proof That These Confederate Monuments Are Racist

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
As soon as they think of it they are going to vandalize, disrupt and ban Lynyrd Skynard and a bunch of other Southern Rock bands because they used Confederate flags and symbols. How is this different from Nazi book burning?

And yeah museums will be targeted also.

Slightly skewed comparison...The Nazis burned material with any intellectual content. Nobody is going to cry if some redneck southern rock band can't use pro-slavery imagery.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:06 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Many of the controversial statues are in courthouse lawns and public parks.
No way to avoid then if you work in one of these places,have business or want to picnic.
If I was Black I wouldn't want to picnic under one of these,or have to look at it everyday I went to work.

I honestly don't understand the hysteria, these statues could have been placed in a museum where they belong

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:21 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Darmok wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Darmok wrote:

I heard they raped Daisy Mae and Lil'Abner after they pushed the General over. And all along we blamed the Yankees for it.

Little known fact: John Wilkes Booth was the actual founder of Antifa.

There Are Four Lights!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:26 pm

Darmok wrote:
Little known fact: John Wilkes Booth was the actual founder of Antifa.

Why would a Confederate sympathiser create Antifa? That literally makes no sense.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
As soon as they think of it they are going to vandalize, disrupt and ban Lynyrd Skynard and a bunch of other Southern Rock bands because they used Confederate flags and symbols. How is this different from Nazi book burning?

And yeah museums will be targeted also.

Slightly skewed comparison...The Nazis burned material with any intellectual content. Nobody is going to cry if some redneck southern rock band can't use pro-slavery imagery.

That "redneck" band was a big help in getting Jimmy Carter elected. I did not predict their symbols could not be used. I predicted emboldened people will try and may succeed in banning them. You really underestimate how popular they are here. People until this whole brouhaha started mostly ignored the monuments. Skynard's music is still often played.

Burning books or banning music is censoring thought. It is a bad thing to censor thought no matter where it comes from or how nonintellectual you and I think it is.

The Nazi's started small and got bigger as they were emboldened by success.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:54 pm

And the big-time media wonders why people think they're idiots.

The official Reuters Top News twitter feed says Asian-American sportscaster is "doppelganger" of 19th-century Confederate general. They certainly look alike to me:

Maybe we can set up a GoFundMe to buy the professional journalists at Reuters a desk dictionary. :D

There Are Four Lights!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

...Here's some music to discuss old statues by!! !! !! !! !! !
Mick and Judy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmEemOfsxhs
Just Judy...you b***h!! !! !! !! !! ! :mrgreen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRkS5eSu6w (both extremely NSFW)

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!