Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:23 pm

NAZI recruiter arguments:
White Man, will you let your race be mongrelized?
White Man, will you fight to preserve your confederate history?
White Man, are you going to let foreigners rape your women, and take the welfare from your nation?
White Man, are you gonna let foreigners take your job?
White Man, will you defend your traditions, culture , and religion from foreigners?

NAZI argument
1) assumes you are part of a tribe
2) appeals to the male protector role
3) assumes you should want to maintain the status quo
4) assumes "the foreigner" is an enemy

Counter-NAZI arguments:
1) We are individuals , not tribal.
2) Males don't have to be protectors.
3) Change can be good.
4) "The foreigner" might be a friend

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:34 pm

Hopefully, people will listen to reason, and adhere to the Counter-Nazi argument. Because what was stated was true.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:34 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Counter-NAZI arguments:
1) We are individuals , not tribal.
2) Males don't have to be protectors.
3) Change can be good.
4) "The foreigner" might be a friend

1) Actually, we're both. I suggest we keep the best ideas and excise the bad ones.
2) But the majority will be regardless - I'd prefer they weren't shamed into it, though.
3) Change is inevitable, good or bad is often a question of your ability to adapt too.
4) I don't care what language they speak or what colour they are, I'll judge the "foreigners" on the merits of their ideas.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:09 pm

Not much analysis going on here. Also, do you realize that "protectiveness" is an instinct (one closely tied to testosterone), and not some superficial construct that you can just dismiss? My point being that trying to shame instinctual male behaviour by linking it to vile ideologies such as Nazism to score some cheap political brownie points is frankly reprehensible.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:52 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Not much analysis going on here. Also, do you realize that "protectiveness" is an instinct (one closely tied to testosterone), and not some superficial construct that you can just dismiss? My point being that trying to shame instinctual male behaviour by linking it to vile ideologies such as Nazism to score some cheap political brownie points is frankly reprehensible.

There is no reason to be defensive.

The NAZI argument is a direct appeal to the male protector role.

It's a call-to-action for males to protect their "tribe".

Recent white nationalist /NAZI march Charlottesville, North Carolina ...

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:07 am

The call to "protect your tribe" etc. is a cheap appeal to emotion from their side. And your response is shaming the people targeted by an emotional appeal for having the emotion being appealed to in the first place.

And it's perfectly reasonable to defend when you're attacking, suggesting that men should stop man-ing in order to prevent the return of nazism. If I said that women are more prone to group-think and collectivism, and that women need to stop trying to get along in order to prevent Communism, would you accept that as a valid argument?

And a gaggle of idiots with luau-torches does not a tribe make.

(also, Nazi is an abbreviation, not an initialism. no need to all-caps it.)