Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:05 pm

Dag-NAB-it----I'd like to hear Jacoby's opinion of this!!

It says "stay-away, NEXT WEEK"----and, that the mayor wants the president to DELAY his visit----it doesn't say "stay-away, forever", like the title of this thread seems to be insinuating, that it does.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

From the article:

Quote:
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton urged President Trump to delay a campaign-style rally set for the city next week, expressing fear that his appearance would “enflame emotions” while “our nation is still healing from the tragic events in Charlottesville.”

Still healing? I never knew I was wounded by it. Gee, what a revelation...NOT.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:42 pm

It's probably 110 degrees in Phoenix right now. The mayor is doing him a favor.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2017, 11:06 pm

I think he should probably stay away from the west coast and south west in general. I'm from California, and there is definitely no love for him here.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 4:47 am

Campin_Cat wrote:

It says "stay-away, NEXT WEEK"----and, that the mayor wants the president to DELAY his visit----it doesn't say "stay-away, forever", like the title of this thread seems to be insinuating, that it does.

Jacoby is banned permanently.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 6:21 am

smudge wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

What did he do?

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 7:52 am

smudge wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

BS, he posted like two weeks ago about a girl that was interested in him, well after his profile said "I was banned". Just because someone levels an allegation in their profile doesn't make it true.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 7:59 am

As for the article Stanton's main concern isn't Trump, or even Charlotteville, it's the prospect of having to deal with civil unrest in his own city should Trump pardon Joe Arpaio on said visit, coupled with his response to Charlotteville that would be seen as provocation: not only do I not care that fascists killed a person, I'm going to release one from prison to thumb my nose at you.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 8:42 am

Aristophanes wrote:
smudge wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

BS, he posted like two weeks ago about a girl that was interested in him, well after his profile said "I was banned". Just because someone levels an allegation in their profile doesn't make it true.

What did I do to get sworn at? He told me and wanted me to put it here, make of it what you will.

Last edited by smudge on 18 Aug 2017, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 8:44 am

smudge wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
smudge wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

What did I do to get sworn at? He told me via Skype and wanted me to put it here, make of it what you will.

That's not a real swear, in my parlance it's equivalent to 'yeah right'. If he did in fact get banned it happened well after he claimed it on his profile page and took a month hiatus. Again, he posted about two week ago, while his profile said 'I've been banned.' That's why I take the claim with a grain of salt.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 8:47 am

Eh, he's not talking to me anyway.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:06 am

I'm just glad it didn't affect the traffic so much yesterday. That's what I was most worried about. I heard he still in town. It's the one time I'm grateful I live way out west.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:11 am

I don't feel anybody should be forced, or encouraged, to not go anywhere.

It's a pain in the butt for any national leader to visit a large city. A pain in the butt, especially, for people who must protect them.

This reeks of the kind of thing Trumps seeks (i.e., for immigrants, Muslims, etc).