whitehouse.gov AntiFa terror classification 81,500 in 3 days

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 6:49 am

Floundering wrote:
The whole 'nazi thing' wasn't a 'blip' over here and we will not let it happen again.

It also doesn't happen in a vacuum. Germany in the 1920's was in terrible shape, much worse than we could dream of right now unless we get Venezuela'd by Trump or whoever comes after him.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Oct 2017, 7:50 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 8:54 am

Floundering wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xoM6-1SWl4&list=PL617BE1DB723DB1D6

Step outside your paradigm.

Do you care to talk content? I can watch videos, just that if they're general documents about political history I really doubt they'll have the impact on fixing supposed partisanship on my part that you're expecting. I'm also not sure what I'm getting pigeonholed as, not that it should even matter but I can't respond adequately to comments like this because you're the only person who knows what your comments mean. Other people can guess but then they're just describing their own reflection in tinted glass.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 9:00 am

While it's not Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, or the Weinstein brothers I still think this video is pretty helpful. They talk atheism and religion in this podcast but also talk about the current political climate, the new left and right, and where they're at trying to stand up for classical liberalism in the US at present:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm

Wow, he's getting conservative in his old age. Someone's going to have to say it - he's no longer cut out to be the godfather of the progressive left!