Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2017, 3:03 pm

So apparently the client company with the call center allowed only a week of training. I was doing well with the other stuff, in fact pretty good, but wasn't quite ready to do the calls comfortably. So they were forced to let me go (they weren't too thrilled about it as I was doing so well on all the other things.)

They did, however, suggest another job in another department there, one that would involve online chat and IMing instead of answering calls, though it doesn't start till October. They even recommended me to the head of that department and I think they said they'd contact me for an interview (which I'll probably pass) when the time comes.

So that was a setback but I'm not out yet.

SixthTitan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2017, 3:33 pm

Keep on looking my friend, take what they say as a grain of salt.
Unless they gave you a hiring date, your first paycheck, you do not have the job regardless and never take what anyone promises you to heart, you'll be quite disappointed.

Am not saying, it won't happen but don't get your hopes up.
Things can get pushed back, they may decide to hire someone else, etc.

Start looking online for some jobs and look for jobs that don't mention any of the following:
* Fast Paced
* Front-Facing
* Direct contact
* Calls
* Clerical

Those are most of the keywords that companies tend to put out for a call center job,
I hope this helps and best of luck finding your next job!

DinoMongoosePenguin wrote:
So apparently the client company with the call center allowed only a week of training. I was doing well with the other stuff, in fact pretty good, but wasn't quite ready to do the calls comfortably. So they were forced to let me go (they weren't too thrilled about it as I was doing so well on all the other things.)

They did, however, suggest another job in another department there, one that would involve online chat and IMing instead of answering calls, though it doesn't start till October. They even recommended me to the head of that department and I think they said they'd contact me for an interview (which I'll probably pass) when the time comes.

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2017, 11:08 pm

SixthTitan wrote:
Keep on looking my friend, take what they say as a grain of salt.
Unless they gave you a hiring date, your first paycheck, you do not have the job regardless and never take what anyone promises you to heart, you'll be quite disappointed.

Am not saying, it won't happen but don't get your hopes up.
Things can get pushed back, they may decide to hire someone else, etc.

Start looking online for some jobs and look for jobs that don't mention any of the following:
* Fast Paced
* Front-Facing
* Direct contact
* Calls
* Clerical

Those are most of the keywords that companies tend to put out for a call center job,
I hope this helps and best of luck finding your next job!

DinoMongoosePenguin wrote:

That eliminates most of the jobs around here.