ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 12:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

And if you say it often and insistently enough, then it definitely must be true, right?

LOLOLOL THAT'S the best, you've got? LOLOLOL

I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

I think given you are not LGBT I'm not sure you have a right to tell people who are what they can or should think given you haven't experienced the "additional" life hurdles they have to go through everyday

As an American, she has a constitutional right to do that. Whether she should is another issue.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:26 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

And if you say it often and insistently enough, then it definitely must be true, right?

LOLOLOL THAT'S the best, you've got? LOLOLOL

I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

I think given you are not LGBT I'm not sure you have a right to tell people who are what they can or should think given you haven't experienced the "additional" life hurdles they have to go through everyday

As an American, she has a constitutional right to do that. Whether she should is another issue.

That's fair enough, I should have reframed in terms of "should" (strongly recommend) rather than "have" (must)

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:52 am

I am not going to read this thread in it's entirely... But I have a sister who is trans and I been to a number of support groups with her in support. I can honestly say, that most of them (if not all) have other mental illnesses that are present beyond Gender Dysphoria that could be detrimental to our military. It's the same reason Autistics can't enlist, because most of us have other issues beyond being on the spectrum.

BTW, if you are currently serving and was recently diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria or a Autistic Spectrum Disorder. You can still serve if you can function, even in limited capacity for the remainder of your contract. A lot depends on what's comorbid beyond the obvious, like depression. But if someone with Gender Dysphoria is so depressed, that they can no longer live as their birth gender and they most change to the opposite. Then their depression can be a problem; more so then the health issues that can be caused from HRT.

As for bathroom rights, for the most part it's up to the state and even private property (businesses)... But there needs to be a reasonable standard (a certain milestone in the transition) before one can enter the bathroom of their choosing. Personally, when I managed a store front. My bathroom was gender neutral in order to be progressive...