Page 10 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Find us some numbers..... You find us some hard numbers that say that more Trans-people get abused / killed, for being Trans, than do ASDers get abused / killed, for being ASDers; then, we'll see----cuz, I haven't found any, yet, and I've been lookin', this whole time.

That's the crux of the matter, I don't have any data (haven't looked) and neither do you, I'm purely stating an opinion, probably one biased by own experiences, likewise you are merely stating your opinion biased by your own experiences. However given the way society is I'd be surprised if autistic people suffered as much abuse as LGBTQ people, I think most people would probably be of the same opinion, especially given that it's far more likely that people are not going to know an autistic person is autistic.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:39 pm

Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I've had alot of these things, done to me (as have many others, on here, ALONE)----including someone trying to throw me off a building and my mother throwing me out of the house (I was 17 and I never went back); just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's never happened. The point IS, that people can "get over it", or they can play the victim, for the rest of their lives.

It sounds to me like you're a bit bitter because nobody ever took your problems seriously (which I'm sorry to hear about by the way, and I'm always here if you need to talk), and your idea of "getting over it" includes begrudging others for wanting their problems taken seriously.

And the proverbial crabs are just click-clacking away...

You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

Sure, I had a period where I was bitter, because I felt like I had lived about THREE lives, by the time I was 18 (NON-Aspie-related), and "boo-hoo, life is unfair"----even then, I wasn't goin'-around begging for attention, and sayin': "Oh, woe, is me - don'tcha feel sorry, for me?"----but, I was in my twenties, when I went-through that period, and I have been extremely lucky, to have had a bunch of people, along-the-way, who took my problems, seriously, and helped me; that's how I was able to come-up-with the philosophy: "To everyone, their life is the worst, cuz they're the ones, having to live it", and I still hold-dear, that philosophy, to this very day.

Anybody who's still bitter, at almost 56 (as I am), about what happened to them, as a child, DOES need help----but, as I said, I've already had that. This is my way of "giving back" (cuz I had people give to me [helped me, through], so I want to give to others), by telling people that there are OTHER factors, in life / TO life----there ARE other ways of looking-at things----that they shouldn't wallow in self-pity, cuz they're stifling, themselves.

Also, as I've said, before, I know my style of communication, isn't for everyone----but, oftentimes, it IS, for those who are eager to grow and learn; and, to those who have already grown, enough, to be able to take straight-up, constructive criticism, from someone.

Again, the point, IS, that if I and others can get-through a rough life, then ANYBODY can----barring some kind of permanent, physical damage, or something; and, ironically, most-often, it seems, people who are that bad-off (say, somebody who can never get out of a wheelchair, and/or, has a feeding tube, or something like that), do the LEAST boo-hooin'! !

I don't know what "crabs", "click-clacking away", means----so, I can't address that.....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:44 pm

Chichikov wrote:
...given the way society is I'd be surprised if autistic people suffered as much abuse as LGBTQ people...

Oh, you mean how society is so accepting of ASDers? NOT!!

Chichikov wrote:
...especially given that it's far more likely that people are not going to know an autistic person is autistic.

Really? Tell THAT to the hundreds of people on here, over the years, who have said that they, pretty much, only have to open their mouth, for people to know they're "weird", or "off", or whatever----and, before you say that Trans people only have to show their face (that they don't even have to open their mouth), for someone to abuse them, or whatever..... Have you not seen the dozens of posts on here, talking-about "do you look like you're autistic"?

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 12:39 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
[color=#9932CC][b]You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

And if you say it often and insistently enough, then it definitely must be true, right?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 1:09 am

Campin_Cat wrote:

Many people with ASD get through life fairly unnoticed, you have to remember it's a spectrum disorder, some have it worse than others, however being LGBT is binary.

Campin_Cat wrote:
Really? Tell THAT to the hundreds of people on here, over the years, who have said that they, pretty much, only have to open their mouth, for people to know they're "weird", or "off", or whatever

I find myself repeating the same thing, but my argument isn't that no autistic person gets abused, just that I think they're less likely to than an LGBT person. As I said above, many autistic people manage to sail through life generally unnoticed.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 9:24 am

Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

And if you say it often and insistently enough, then it definitely must be true, right?

LOLOLOL THAT'S the best, you've got? LOLOLOL

I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 9:26 am

Chichikov wrote:
...you have to remember it's a spectrum disorder...

NO----REALLY? Autism is a spectrum disorder----huh! Ya learn somethin' new, every day!!

What, you think this is my FIRST DAY! LOLOLOL

I'm quite done with you, on this thread, as well.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 9:41 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
NO----REALLY? Autism is a spectrum disorder----huh! Ya learn somethin' new, every day!!

Your sarcasm is misplaced as your argument seemed to ignore the fact that many people have ASD that can't be detected by strangers thus goes largely unnoticed. The way you talk on this thread you'd think everyone's ASD was severe.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 4:26 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Many people with ASD get through life fairly unnoticed, you have to remember it's a spectrum disorder, some have it worse than others, however being LGBT is binary.

Campin_Cat wrote:
Really? Tell THAT to the hundreds of people on here, over the years, who have said that they, pretty much, only have to open their mouth, for people to know they're "weird", or "off", or whatever

I find myself repeating the same thing, but my argument isn't that no autistic person gets abused, just that I think they're less likely to than an LGBT person. As I said above, many autistic people manage to sail through life generally unnoticed.

Many LGBT people sail through life unnoticed. Black would have been a better analogy. I am not going to wade into this oppression olympics discussion any further because who has it worse arguments are a distraction.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 4:29 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Many LGBT people sail through life unnoticed.

True, some do. However I'd say that less probably do.

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

09 Sep 2017, 7:14 pm

Im all for any kind of rights with all human beings. I believe people should do what they want as long as theyre not hurting any one or shoving their opinions down their throat. How ever im more concerned about the riots and natural disasters going on right now. The two parties on both sides of the riot are both batshit crazy, were getting hurricanes up the ass and there are f*****g wild fires every where. I think we have bigger problems than worrying about another persons genetiles.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:37 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
IMO, the operative term, here, is "openly trans"----had you chosen, to, you could've served, as a "closeted trans". You said you would "do anything" to serve your country----so, "anything", IMO, means that you would go-back to dressing / acting like a man, so you could serve.

You think being trans is a choice.

I have nothing more to say to you, your lack of empathy is revolting.

Perhaps this will be of interest:
http://www.columbiachronicle.com/arts_a ... a5c8c.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 8:15 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I think given you are not LGBT I'm not sure you have a right to tell people who are what they can or should think given you haven't experienced the "additional" life hurdles they have to go through everyday

floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

how did this devolve into a discussion of who's more oppressed, i came here to s**t on donald trump

as for anyone here who supports trump, do you really think he's going to do anything good for /any/ minority, no matter who's gotta deal with more oppression? i don't understand why people (especially people on an autism forum) would ever support him, the guy obviously has no idea what he's doing.... the only reason he even ran for president was for the attention, and now he's ruining everything because he only cares about making more money...... and don't say that human rights only matter to the minorities.... you know what happens when mass numbers of undocumented workers are sent back to mexico? the food industry goes to s**t. no documented american is going to pick fruit for way below minimum wage as fast or as hard as someone who migrated from an undeveloped country, so prices are going to go up and production is going to go down.... and that's just an example..... slavery, native genocide, these were just the beginning..... this country was built on the backs of minorities and ignorance and suffering, and the majority cannot comprehend that that suffering has been carried on because they refuse to recognize it.... until it turns into riots and revolts... economic failure... trump's agenda is just furthering this country's collapse

i also don't understand how cishet autistics could s**t on lgbt autistics, we're all societal underdogs. as a rule, if you're ignoring someone's anger, you just haven't experienced what they have and you need to think about it more thoroughly. flip on those empathy switches my guys

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 10:05 pm

floodwater wrote:
how did this devolve into a discussion of who's more oppressed, i came here to s**t on donald trump

as for anyone here who supports trump, do you really think he's going to do anything good for /any/ minority, no matter who's gotta deal with more oppression? i don't understand why people (especially people on an autism forum) would ever support him, the guy obviously has no idea what he's doing.... the only reason he even ran for president was for the attention, and now he's ruining everything because he only cares about making more money...... and don't say that human rights only matter to the minorities.... you know what happens when mass numbers of undocumented workers are sent back to mexico? the food industry goes to s**t. no documented american is going to pick fruit for way below minimum wage as fast or as hard as someone who migrated from an undeveloped country, so prices are going to go up and production is going to go down.... and that's just an example..... slavery, native genocide, these were just the beginning..... this country was built on the backs of minorities and ignorance and suffering, and the majority cannot comprehend that that suffering has been carried on because they refuse to recognize it.... until it turns into riots and revolts... economic failure... trump's agenda is just furthering this country's collapse

i also don't understand how cishet autistics could s**t on lgbt autistics, we're all societal underdogs. as a rule, if you're ignoring someone's anger, you just haven't experienced what they have and you need to think about it more thoroughly. flip on those empathy switches my guys

I SAY AMEN, BROTHER! AMEN!! !

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 12:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I think given you are not LGBT I'm not sure you have a right to tell people who are what they can or should think given you haven't experienced the "additional" life hurdles they have to go through everyday

As an American, she has a constitutional right to do that. Whether she should is another issue.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman