Page 6 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

DragonflyGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Dec 2019, 8:51 am

Transphobia is through the roof at the moment. It's being driven by terfs, therefore there's not the opposition to it that there ought to be. My local radio station had a phone-in and a feminist rang up and spent fifteen minutes just slating trans-women and viciously dehumanising us. The host was agreeing with everything she came out with. I was mad as hell.

The media has made an issue out of public toilets and I ended up leaving Facebook because of that discussion. I've been threatened in public by idiots who think trans-women are just predatory blokes who want to rape their daughters in the bog. It's ridiculous and borders on hysteria with some people.

2_feet_back
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm

hi i am new so don't know how to navigate yet, but i agree in people accepting what fits the "mold" i think people can be ok with most of it on the surface level. I am a some what feminine at times masculine, bisexual male, who is mostly into men. Meeting people in a more personal setting, and as an individual person being queer shouldn't give you much insight into who i am. LGBT people have been hostile themselves when i refuse to admit im just gay, same with hetero sexual people. when i am more one way or the other some days. i think accepting the LGBT community goes far beyond "the mold". I face misplaced biases semi often. if someone truly accepts me as a queer person then its not some barrier, or thing to pick apart, its understanding in me either way. all these adjectives just put up more separation and they aren't making me straight so whatever ya know. I usually just say i am not straight, and i let my heart and little guy lead me to whoever XD. People can't look inside enough and challenge there thinking enough. to just see people. i think the way the human brain works, they are still figuring out theres nothing to figure out XD, and they force it. just my tired thoughts.