Stop, criminar scum! You have viorated the raw!

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2017, 9:20 am

I just got a ps2 again after all these years, and I need some recommendations. I've got Call of Duty: Big Red One, God of War, Black, Metal Gear Solid 3, Future Tactics, and I'm going to get Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel soon, but I'd like some more ideas. I like challenging games with good stories and mature (aka not angst ridden bishounen pretty boys, or generic and ugly sex symbols) main characters. I'm also into RTT/RTS/TBS games, mech sims, some JRPGs (I like ones like Neptunia, and the first Final Fantasy) and I'm okay with slow-paced gameplay. Got anything?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 6:12 pm

I imagine it could be rather difficult to find some particular PS2 games, but I can think of things back that I might be able to recommend. For an RTS there is Alien vs Predator: Extinction, which I think is a particularly fun RTS, the most fun being when you can control a growing hoard of xenomorph. If you have not done or got them already, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are maybe worth a play. Star Wars Battlefront II is pretty fun, mostly a 3rd person shooter, but its galaxy mode has a pretty cool turn based aspect, it has been a PS2 game I have player more recently.

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2017, 7:22 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I imagine it could be rather difficult to find some particular PS2 games, but I can think of things back that I might be able to recommend. For an RTS there is Alien vs Predator: Extinction, which I think is a particularly fun RTS, the most fun being when you can control a growing hoard of xenomorph. If you have not done or got them already, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are maybe worth a play. Star Wars Battlefront II is pretty fun, mostly a 3rd person shooter, but its galaxy mode has a pretty cool turn based aspect, it has been a PS2 game I have player more recently.

I'll have to look into that first one. Huge Aliens fanboy here. I don't know about Kingdom Hearts but I can try it, I guess. I've played Battlefront I&II into the ground, though, so that's a no.

I do wish do know if there are any quality waifu games for the PS2. I saw an Inuyasha game, and even though I haven't seen the show, it got me wondering.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:30 pm

Half Life and Red Faction are both excellent FPS games on PS2.

Medal Of Honor: Frontline is very challenging on the higher difficulty levels, but it's very annoying and frustrating that one cannot save within a level.

Not sure whether you meant games exclusive to the PS2. Pretty sure all of the above are available on other platforms.

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2017, 7:37 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Half Life and Red Faction are both excellent FPS games on PS2.

Medal Of Honor: Frontline is very challenging on the higher difficulty levels, but it's very annoying and frustrating that one cannot save within a level.

Not sure whether you meant games exclusive to the PS2. Pretty sure all of the above are available on other platforms.

Funny you say that, because I just bought Red Faction earlier today, since I loved the second one so much as a kid. Also got Deus Ex, really stoked to get into that.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm

Deus Ex is a very involving and ambitious game, but there's probably too much going on - my biggest problem with it was constantly having to mess around in the inventory to select and deselect stuff: detracts from the spontaneity somewhat. I played it on PC, maybe the PS2 version is simpler.

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2017, 8:31 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Deus Ex is a very involving and ambitious game, but there's probably too much going on - my biggest problem with it was constantly having to mess around in the inventory to select and deselect stuff: detracts from the spontaneity somewhat. I played it on PC, maybe the PS2 version is simpler.

I like that kind of thing, adds a layer of tactics and strategy.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 10:34 pm

I was going to say Red Faction, since I consider things like the destructible environments as pretty fun, used to just play around with the aspect you could create tunnels with explosives.

If you like Alien, do you perhaps like Predator? I am quite fond of a game on the PS2 called Predator: Concrete Jungle, where you get to play as a Predator in a sort of action, stealth game.

I am not really familiar with any "waifu games", of which I guess you mean anime, I did not really have anything like that back then.

Not really I think part of what you gave examples of, but one PS2 game I really liked was Star Wars Starfighter, was a fun little Star Wars dogfighting game, if you maybe like flying some ships in Battlefront you might have some fun.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 1:22 am

Forgot to mention Return To Castle Wolfenstein earlier. Definitely worth playing.

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Sep 2017, 11:43 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I was going to say Red Faction, since I consider things like the destructible environments as pretty fun, used to just play around with the aspect you could create tunnels with explosives.

If you like Alien, do you perhaps like Predator? I am quite fond of a game on the PS2 called Predator: Concrete Jungle, where you get to play as a Predator in a sort of action, stealth game.

I am not really familiar with any "waifu games", of which I guess you mean anime, I did not really have anything like that back then.

Not really I think part of what you gave examples of, but one PS2 game I really liked was Star Wars Starfighter, was a fun little Star Wars dogfighting game, if you maybe like flying some ships in Battlefront you might have some fun.

By Waifu games, I meant games with female protags who are actually likeable and not walking sex symbols (by that, I mean more like Roberta from Black Lagoon, and less like say, Min-Mei from Macross, or for a non anime example, more like Paragon femshep from Mass Effect, as opposed to Quiet from MGSV:TPP). I absolutely adore women with shorter hair (emphasis on the -er, like the summa cum laude hairstyle from Fallout 4, not like the Handmaiden's trying-to-look-tough-but-failing-to-do-so hairstyle from KOTOR 2), but I can only be so picky if I'm looking for good gameplay, I guess.

I'll have to look into concrete jungle. Also, I'm just looking for PS2 games, so exclusive or not, PS2 games.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 7:16 am

DeepHour wrote:

I'm surprised they actually had Deus Ex on the PS2, I had to look it up.

I guess the first game made it to PS2, and the second game was only on PC and XBox. I know they had planned on bringing System Shock to Dreamcast, but that didn't get very far, and so Thief for DC never happened either.

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2017, 8:28 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

I'm surprised they actually had Deus Ex on the PS2, I had to look it up.

I guess the first game made it to PS2, and the second game was only on PC and XBox. I know they had planned on bringing System Shock to Dreamcast, but that didn't get very far, and so Thief for DC never happened either.

There's a lot of loading screens.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 8:38 am

insertgenericlewdcomment wrote:
There's a lot of loading screens.

I bet. I know Thief 3 had a lot of them on the XBox, and when I finally got around to playing the PC version, I was pretty disappointed to see that it was almost the same game =|