Page 5 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 10:02 pm

I don't care for female vocalists either.
Most of them sound like screeching cats to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 10:07 pm

Linda Ronstadt, when she wasn't screeching rock music, could sing decent canciones de espagnol, on her "canciones de mi padres" album-

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:46 pm

Raleigh wrote:

A lot of times I don't really like female vocalists either...but its not that they are female its the styles that seem typical for females to sing. Like there is a band Battle Beast I like with a female vocalist, but she does clean metal vocals not those whiny pop vocals. I also like that classic rock band Heart, with the female singer and guitar player, Fleetwood Mac, and Jefferson Airplanes original vocalist I believe the one who sings White Rabbit. So there are female vocalists I like, I prefer when they deviate from that super feminine vulnerable kind of sound...if that makes sense.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2017, 1:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

A lot of times I don't really like female vocalists either...but its not that they are female its the styles that seem typical for females to sing. Like there is a band Battle Beast I like with a female vocalist, but she does clean metal vocals not those whiny pop vocals. I also like that classic rock band Heart, with the female singer and guitar player, Fleetwood Mac, and Jefferson Airplanes original vocalist I believe the one who sings White Rabbit. So there are female vocalists I like, I prefer when they deviate from that super feminine vulnerable kind of sound...if that makes sense.

I like Patsy Cline. Actually, Female vocalists usually get more acclaim for some reason than male vocalists. Most people seem to think they are more appealing and will fall all over them. I guess its a matter of preference. Anita Bryant had a great voice too. I just don't care for really loud over bearing vocals , such as Adele Kelly Clarkson or anything ala American Idol.

Black Spot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2017, 2:28 pm

The below is not what you'd expect from Motorhead. There's a lot more to metal than you think. I find country music pretty depressing and can only take it in small doses.