Difference between a date and a hang out?

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm

ShadowProphet wrote:
OP, You should kiss one of your guy friends while hanging out, see how they react.

I kissed one of them. He said I was way too drunk. Yah actually I probably was too drunk otherwise I wouldn't have had the courage.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:48 pm

ShadowProphet wrote:
There's a couple of reasons why a single guy just wants to remain friends, or not get into a relationship with you.

1. He's not physically attracted to you. For a lot of guys, the physical attraction is necessary. Guys are very visual, if there's no physical attraction, then they wont want to f*k you or get into relationship with you. If they like you enough, they'll keep you around as a friend.

2. He thinks he can find someone better For many guys, it's not that they're afraid of commitment. They're just afraid of committing to you because they think they can find someone better in the long run. So they'll keep you around but only for friends, or friends with benefits or f*k buddy so when they finally find someone better, they'll leave you.

So how do you make a guy want to get into a relationship with you? You get better, you give a guy a reason to stay and you do that by increasing your value.

If you're fat, lose weight. Obese = unattractive. If you dress like a slob, start dressing nice. Work on yourself, work on your career and education. Don't underestimate the power of confidence. It's well known that women like confident men but it's also the other way around. Confident women are very sexy.

Start caring about how you look if you havent already.

True for a lot of women tlo

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:08 am

ShadowProphet wrote:
There's a couple of reasons why a single guy just wants to remain friends, or not get into a relationship with you.

1. He's not physically attracted to you. For a lot of guys, the physical attraction is necessary. Guys are very visual, if there's no physical attraction, then they wont want to f*k you or get into relationship with you. If they like you enough, they'll keep you around as a friend.

2. He thinks he can find someone better For many guys, it's not that they're afraid of commitment. They're just afraid of committing to you because they think they can find someone better in the long run. So they'll keep you around but only for friends, or friends with benefits or f*k buddy so when they finally find someone better, they'll leave you.

So how do you make a guy want to get into a relationship with you? You get better, you give a guy a reason to stay and you do that by increasing your value.

If you're fat, lose weight. Obese = unattractive. If you dress like a slob, start dressing nice. Work on yourself, work on your career and education. Don't underestimate the power of confidence. It's well known that women like confident men but it's also the other way around. Confident women are very sexy.

For me the reason to have female friends is I get along with them. I listen to their problems. We crack jokes. Hang out. I met one of their boyfriends recently and he was the sweetest guy. He is also autistic. He was like a tiny teddy bear.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:52 am

BettaPonic wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

For me the reason to have female friends is I get along with them. I listen to their problems. We crack jokes. Hang out. I met one of their boyfriends recently and he was the sweetest guy. He is also autistic. He was like a tiny teddy bear.

Sorry but I have to ask you: what's your sexual orientation?
Are you asexual by any chance.

In case you're straight, I have bad news for you: You should have more male friends too.
Having female friends only will make you sexually invisible by any female in your circle that you may interested in. You would be viewed like "one of them".
This happens to the bro type of girls; I've read many personal stories how those also struggle to get dates from guys (even tho they have same interests).

You shouldn't overdo being friends exclusively with the opposite sex.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 12:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

In case you're straight, I have bad news for you: You should have more male friends too.
Having female friends only will make you sexually invisible by any female in your circle that you may interested in. You would be viewed like "one of them".
This happens to the bro type of girls; I've read many personal stories how those also struggle to get dates from guys (even tho they have same interests).

I am straightish. I really don't care if I am invisible to woman. I want to be viewed as one of them. I actively try and do that. I find females to be more tolerant of my quirks. Guys are terrifying.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 2:00 am

BettaPonic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

I am straightish. I really don't care if I am invisible to woman. I want to be viewed as one of them. I actively try and do that. I find females to be more tolerant of my quirks. Guys are terrifying.

Ok, but you are destroying your dating chances.

If you don't want any relationship then fine.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 4:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

Ok, but you are destroying your dating chances.

If you don't want any relationship then fine.

I have been havng mental health issues lately and think dating would be a bad choice. I also think I should at least drive and have a job first. If I really wanted to date I would probaly use a blind date. All my friends aren't my type either. I would want someone whom I share some hobbies with.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 6:02 pm

And Why do you feel you need to have a job and car to date?

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 6:52 pm

sly279 wrote:
And Why do you feel you need to have a job and car to date?

I think I should be more independent and have more self esteem before dating.