Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 1:48 am

The turtle talks for me too, second all of that.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 2:21 am

what's bog, or 'wet spongy ground' to normal?
poorly drained is relevant? :mrgreen:
to turtles too? :D :D

neurotypicalET
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2017, 5:22 am

Sadly, not everyone gets support to pursue their interest/ obsessions which could have been developed into a skill if allowed to flourish. Unless those interest are related with academia.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:59 am

SharkSandwich211 wrote:
Have fun being a "Smeghead" (I hope that isn't related to smegma :( 8O )

I'm afraid it is:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smeg
:eew:

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2017, 9:35 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
SharkSandwich211 wrote:

I'm afraid it is:

To each their own.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 9:50 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
SharkSandwich211 wrote:

I'm afraid it is:

Oh my - I knew it was from Red Dwarf, but I'd never even heard the word "smegma" before 8O :eew:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:15 pm

I don't think there is a standard human. We all have a selection of factors that are not average, and that produces more possibilities than a deck of cards.

Leeds_Demon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Sep 2017, 2:27 pm

@SharkSandwich211: smeghead - grotty. The reason I thought I might be an aspie, was when I read about Gary McKinnon, who stated that he sat around in his underpants all day and never did the dishes. I wear my nightwear during the day and I very rarely wash the dishes. I have to have the urge to tidy up/hoover/wash dishes. It took my about 6 months to hoover the stairs, (my dog died in March of this year and I only got around to vacuuming the stair carpet this month).

But as I live on my own, does it really matter if the pots aren't washed every day and I spend my day in my nightwear? Of course not. I don't share my life with anyone and I don't have any friends, so I can be as smeggy as I want to be.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:37 pm

Leeds_Demon wrote:
@SharkSandwich211: smeghead - grotty. The reason I thought I might be an aspie, was when I read about Gary McKinnon, who stated that he sat around in his underpants all day and never did the dishes. I wear my nightwear during the day and I very rarely wash the dishes. I have to have the urge to tidy up/hoover/wash dishes. It took my about 6 months to hoover the stairs, (my dog died in March of this year and I only got around to vacuuming the stair carpet this month).

But as I live on my own, does it really matter if the pots aren't washed every day and I spend my day in my nightwear? Of course not. I don't share my life with anyone and I don't have any friends, so I can be as smeggy as I want to be.

That sounds like classic depression, which produces the same symptoms for AS and NT. I've been there a lot. AS can be frustrating, which can lead to anger or depression, but it can also be fun. Four years ago, I could barely walk through my workshop, and now there's a well-organized project to improve my mobility getting done there. Washing pots matters because when they are clean, you are more likely to cook healthy food again. When I'm really depressed, I can clear out the cobwebs and not care that they are gone, but if I do it and then enjoy the sight, I'm getting better.

Leeds_Demon

28 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm

@Dear_One: try executive dysfunction. As for being depressed, I can assure that I'm not. I do know what depression is, as my mum has suffered from it, to the point she wasn't eating, or drinking, and due to being given a tablet, she ended up trying to kill my dying dad.

https://musingsofanaspie.com/executive-function-series/ I struggle with initiation of tasks. Ergo, maybe I'm an aspie after all, even if I'm not a chuffin genius like every other aspie.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 4:01 pm

Leeds_Demon wrote:
@Dear_One: try executive dysfunction. As for being depressed, I can assure that I'm not. I do know what depression is, as my mum has suffered from it, to the point she wasn't eating, or drinking, and due to being given a tablet, she ended up trying to kill my dying dad.

https://musingsofanaspie.com/executive-function-series/ I struggle with initiation of tasks. Ergo, maybe I'm an aspie after all, even if I'm not a chuffin genius like every other aspie.

Sure. They go together for me. Working on either one helps the other. Depression has different degrees, and affects people somewhat differently. I have been attacked twice as an adult, both times by people on pills for depression. They are dangerous.