Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2017, 12:17 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
rdos wrote:
There is a big problem with neurodiverse people adopting transsexual identities instead of acknowledging that neurodiverse gender identities are not like NT gender identities. For one thing, neurodiverse women are more likely to take initiative, and they are NOT trans when they do this. They simply behave naturally. Same goes for neurodiverse males. Many of them have problems taking initiative, and they are NOT trans either, rather are behaving naturally according to the neurodiverse, male gender identity. There is also a portion of neurodiverse people that are hypersexual, both males and females, and especially females that are hypersexual are NOT males because they are hypersexual, but again, are behaving according to the neurodiverse, female gender identity.

I won't even start to talk about gender dysphoria. That is complete junk.

The first part of your comment is actually quite reasonable. Gender dysphoria seems to be overly represented within the ASD community, as do other issues related to identity - suggesting that this might be how minds with ASD attempt to understand their differences compared to others.

As for suggesting that gender dysphoria is 'complete junk', you're not even wrong.

Alright this is starting to get a bit out of hand. So I'm going to pose this question since everyone seems to be leaning a certain way. If gender dysphoria is complete junk, what is the issue and how do you fix it? Transition in someway seems to be "fixing" the issues these people who suffer from the "fake" gender dysphoria seem to have. Without transition do you know how high suicide rates are for people who has this fake illness?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:27 pm

Why gender dysphoria is complete junk? Just take these questions from a GID test:

1. I like to behave the way, the opposite sex do. Yes, a lot of NDs have some traits that are typical of the opposite sex. Junk

2. I have the typical feelings of the opposite sex. Yes, you quite likely do if you have #1. Junk.

3. My way of thinking resembles the opposite gender. Yes, same as #1 and #2. Junk.

4. I'm uncomfortable with what I'm expected to do according to my assigned gender. Absolutely. I hate a lot of things NT males love. Junk.

When I answer those the ND way, I get "You have some signs of Gender Dysphoria". Complete garbage. I'm totally non-GID.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:52 pm

rdos wrote:
Why gender dysphoria is complete junk? Just take these questions from a GID test:

1. I like to behave the way, the opposite sex do. Yes, a lot of NDs have some traits that are typical of the opposite sex. Junk

2. I have the typical feelings of the opposite sex. Yes, you quite likely do if you have #1. Junk.

3. My way of thinking resembles the opposite gender. Yes, same as #1 and #2. Junk.

4. I'm uncomfortable with what I'm expected to do according to my assigned gender. Absolutely. I hate a lot of things NT males love. Junk.

When I answer those the ND way, I get "You have some signs of Gender Dysphoria". Complete garbage. I'm totally non-GID.

If you're not dysphoric, you don't suffer from it. That doesn't mean that your experience matches every single person who might answer the survey. Other people have other experiences. Repeat that until you can actually remember it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
If you're not dysphoric, you don't suffer from it. That doesn't mean that your experience matches every single person who might answer the survey. Other people have other experiences. Repeat that until you can actually remember it.

I don't think you understand. Many NDs that have no idea about GID or ASD will get biased scores because of ND preferences which have nothing to do with GID. And it is not only those questions, but many more can bias the score for an ND. Which is why more people diagnosed with autism identify as GID. Everything would be fine if similar amounts of NDs and NTs identified as GID, but as long as that is not the case, there is a huge problem.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 1:43 am

rdos wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I don't think you understand. Many NDs that have no idea about GID or ASD will get biased scores because of ND preferences which have nothing to do with GID. And it is not only those questions, but many more can bias the score for an ND. Which is why more people diagnosed with autism identify as GID. Everything would be fine if similar amounts of NDs and NTs identified as GID, but as long as that is not the case, there is a huge problem.

That's why you don't take a survey and then immediately jump into making radical, life-altering decisions. You speak with a professional who specializes in this field, or better yet, one who's familiar enough with both ASD and gender dysphoria. There's a reason the term 'transitioning' is used, because it's a gradual process and typically the permanent, physical aspects are addressed last.

I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about well enough to actually express an informed opinion, at least based on the knee-jerk responses given so far.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:37 am

rdos wrote:
Many NDs that have no idea about GID or ASD will get biased scores because of ND preferences which have nothing to do with GID. And it is not only those questions, but many more can bias the score for an ND. Which is why more people diagnosed with autism identify as GID. Everything would be fine if similar amounts of NDs and NTs identified as GID, but as long as that is not the case, there is a huge problem.

Many people in general who have some sort of psychological disorder/difference will get high scores if they're self testing for something they actually don't have.
People with ASD, especially if they also have social anxiety, could get high scores for avoidant personality disorder, for example. That doesn't make avoidant personality disorder invalid.
Maybe people with avoidant personality disorder could get high autism scores without having it. Doesn't make autism invalid though.
Same goes for some other personality disorders.

That there are some overlaps doesn't mean one disorder needs to be invalid. It just means that taking one online test is not sufficient for a diagnosis.

rdos wrote:

Yes, I'd answer some of these questions with 'yes'. So what? I don't feel uncomfortable with my body and I'd not rather be a man. Thus I don't have Gender Dysphoria. It really is that simple.
I don't think anyone would actually transition because of something some online test says if they don't feel they should be the opposite gender. Therefore I don't see how these tests could possibly do any harm.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2017, 6:56 am

I hate how someone who doesn't know what it feels like to feel crippled by a feeling of envy/overwhelming desire to not be ones self wants to speak about what most trans people feel like.

So, here is the deal. Yes, it could be considered an illness and for the most part I'm fine with accepting that. However even if it is an illness please explain to me how the f**k you treat this outside of transition? Because so far in the medical community transition has been the best form of treatment to avoid things like suicide/massive depression.

If estrogen and testosterone blockers make me feel like I'm happy, and let me see the sun again unlike other pills then so be it. Until a great solution for trans people aka a drug that makes you not be crippled with the envy/overwhelming desire to not be your current gender I'll take the option that works. And that's the E and S for me.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 7:08 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
However even if it is an illness please explain to me how the f**k you treat this outside of transition?

Pimozide

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:32 am

NorthWind wrote:
I don't feel uncomfortable with my body and I'd not rather be a man. Thus I don't have Gender Dysphoria. It really is that simple.

No, it really isn't that simple. Compare it to NDs that want to be like NTs. For the most part, this is caused by an idea that being NT will make them feel better-off. An idea they absorb from society. So, if not being gender-typical can easily be fixed by identifying as GID, and requesting medications or gender-switch operations, instead of identifying with the ND gender profile, then we have a big problem.

Also, it is not only the online tests for GID that are biased, the professional tests are not any better, which is likely to also bias the diagnostic process.

Perhaps one of the biggest problems is that GID is a clear disorder, and by linking that to autism and neurodiversity, those become disorders as well. That is why the link between GID and neurodiversity is completely fake, and so is probably the link to autism. It also takes focus off from the real issue that ND gender traits are different from NT gender traits. I mean, there are a lot of research articles about sex and relationships that talks about GID, which makes the sex and relationship traits sound like disorders too, which they are certainly not.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2017, 11:34 am

Chichikov wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
However even if it is an illness please explain to me how the f**k you treat this outside of transition?

Pimozide

K

"One single study isn't sufficient to defend the idea that transgender people can be "cured" of their feelings by pimozide.
The study is 20 years old. Pretty old.
The sample is limited to only one person. Not sufficient.
I would also add:
The person wasn't only gender dysphoric. Maybe the fact that the subject has also "borderline learning disability" comes into play. But to be honest, I don't really know if it's the case though.
I wonder how long they follow the subject. I mean, what about this person today? Is he a happy man or was that only temporary?
I would also add that the paper states should be considered in cases of *doubtful** gender dysphoria*"

end quote sums up my thoughts entirely

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2017, 11:43 am

rdos wrote:
NorthWind wrote:
I don't feel uncomfortable with my body and I'd not rather be a man. Thus I don't have Gender Dysphoria. It really is that simple.

No, it really isn't that simple. Compare it to NDs that want to be like NTs. For the most part, this is caused by an idea that being NT will make them feel better-off. An idea they absorb from society. So, if not being gender-typical can easily be fixed by identifying as GID, and requesting medications or gender-switch operations, instead of identifying with the ND gender profile, then we have a big problem.

Also, it is not only the online tests for GID that are biased, the professional tests are not any better, which is likely to also bias the diagnostic process.

Perhaps one of the biggest problems is that GID is a clear disorder, and by linking that to autism and neurodiversity, those become disorders as well. That is why the link between GID and neurodiversity is completely fake, and so is probably the link to autism. It also takes focus off from the real issue that ND gender traits are different from NT gender traits. I mean, there are a lot of research articles about sex and relationships that talks about GID, which makes the sex and relationship traits sound like disorders too, which they are certainly not.

Mk. So what your saying is GID is not real becuase what it really is is NDs becoming confused because their gender traits are different from NTs. Ok, so if this is the case please explain to me why it is that someone who classifies as an ND can transition and the problems they had as one gender do not carry over at all to the other. I mean if they think differently why wouldnt they still think differently as another sex. Why would transitioning their outside body remove not only the mental issues but the social ones as well. I think what you are failing to realize is it's not black and white. You don't have pure male and pure female and then if you think like one but are born another its easily treated.

Again I'm asking you to try to understand this. Just because you don't know what this feels like doesn't make it any less invalid. And even if you ARE correct with their being some direct correlation between ND and transgender people it doesn't change the fact that transition currently is pretty much the only way to give that person a chance at peace of mind. What you think is best doesn't apply because again you are not the one living that life.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 11:57 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

Pimozide

K

"One single study isn't sufficient to defend the idea that transgender people can be "cured" of their feelings by pimozide.
I would also add:
The person wasn't only gender dysphoric. Maybe the fact that the subject has also "borderline learning disability" comes into play. But to be honest, I don't really know if it's the case though.
I wonder how long they follow the subject. I mean, what about this person today? Is he a happy man or was that only temporary?
I would also add that the paper states should be considered in cases of *doubtful** gender dysphoria*"

That was just one study, other people have trialled this drug with success too. If you think you're "transgender" then it's worth a try, certainly cheaper and safer than a lot of surgery, surgery that leaves transgender people with the same high rate of suicide which might suggest the surgery did nothing.....

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2017, 12:50 pm

Chichikov wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

Pimozide

K

I would also add:

That was just one study, other people have trialled this drug with success too. If you think you're "transgender" then it's worth a try, certainly cheaper and safer than a lot of surgery, surgery that leaves transgender people with the same high rate of suicide which might suggest the surgery did nothing.....

k

https://genderanalysis.net/2016/12/myth ... -analysis/

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:54 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

Thanks for posting someone's opinion that they blogged about, but I'm more interested in provable science than biased opinions.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2017, 1:45 pm

Chichikov wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

Thanks for posting someone's opinion that they blogged about, but I'm more interested in provable science than biased opinions.

there are citations? Did u bother reading it? there are citations all over that page of what they quote and where they get their info?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:48 pm

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
Did u bother reading it?

No.

If you say there are citations I'll have a proper look when I have time, but they'd better not just be links to other blogs :)