Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:47 am

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jake-lamotta-dead-family-members-report-passing-raging-bull-boxing-legend-aged-96-1640095

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:52 am

He lived a long life.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm

May he rest in peace.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 4:32 pm

It's a bad thing to say, but I thought he was already dead. I mean, for DeNiro to make a tell all movie about him, embarrassing warts and all, I figured that meant the guy had already passed on. :?
Just the same, farewell to a real champ.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 4:59 pm

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but wasn't Robert DeNiro trained by the real LaMotta to prepare him for Raging Bull?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 9:22 am

He had small hands just like our President.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 6:50 pm

EzraS wrote:

But I bet LaMotta wasn't as so obsessed with that fact to the point of being close to a mental breakdown as Trump. :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

But I bet LaMotta wasn't as so obsessed with that fact to the point of being close to a mental breakdown as Trump. :lol:

Maybe he wasn't badgered enough about it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm

I believe DeNiro was trained by LaMotta.

I do know LaMotta served as a "consultant" for the movie.

It was really a great movie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 8:56 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

If he's badgered about his hand size, it's only because he acts so self consciously obsessive about it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 9:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

If he's badgered about his hand size, it's only because he acts so self consciously obsessive about it.

I bet many of us hear that one all the time. That its our fault we get picked on.

Trump didn't start saying anything about this out of the blue. It was a reaction to all that was being viciously launched at him.

Sorry for the derailment Tim Tex.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:04 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I bet many of us hear that one all the time. That its our fault we get picked on.

Trump didn't start saying anything about this out of the blue. It was a reaction to all that was being viciously launched at him.

Sorry for the derailment Tim Tex.

The thing is though, the size of Trump's hands was hardly an issue at all, till he made it one. Because he's so obsessed about it - and small hands hardly are a fault of any kind - people realized how funny it would be to mock him about it. Obama has big ears that flair out from the sides of his head, but he never acted obsessively about it. He was never bothered about it at all.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 8:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

The thing is though, the size of Trump's hands was hardly an issue at all, till he made it one. Because he's so obsessed about it - and small hands hardly are a fault of any kind - people realized how funny it would be to mock him about it. Obama has big ears that flair out from the sides of his head, but he never acted obsessively about it. He was never bothered about it at all.

Obama never appeared bothered by anything because he was so milquetoast. Someone else made an attack against Trump's masculinity, he responded and the liberals went apeshit over it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:43 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Obama never appeared bothered by anything because he was so milquetoast. Someone else made an attack against Trump's masculinity, he responded and the liberals went apeshit over it.

There was a reason why Obama was called "No-Drama-Obama." He knew how to keep his cool. Trump, who probably is all Id, doesn't know how to do anything other than to go ape sh*t over critticisms. All he needed to do was just keep his cool - at least in public. Seriously, General Kelly needs to cancel Trump's Twitter account.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

There was a reason why Obama was called "No-Drama-Obama." He knew how to keep his cool. Trump, who probably is all Id, doesn't know how to do anything other than to go ape sh*t over critticisms. All he needed to do was just keep his cool - at least in public. Seriously, General Kelly needs to cancel Trump's Twitter account.

Some call it keeping his cool, others call it lackadaisical and milquetoast. Of course you keep using someone who's phlegmatic to counter someone with passion.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:13 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Some call it keeping his cool, others call it lackadaisical and milquetoast. Of course you keep using someone who's phlegmatic to counter someone with passion.

A person like that who has to answer every attack with Phlegmatic passion probably shouldn't be President. I want someone in the White House who knows how to keep his cool.