Page 6 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:29 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Looks like Le Bron James, Kobe Bryant and Steph Curry have all condemned the comments by POTUS against the NFL players. All apparently boycotting invites to the whitehouse...
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/24/04/ ... aying-what

Trump criticising people for not standing means he is racist just because some of those people were black...so those players refusing to go to the Whitehouse makes *them* racist because Trump is white? That's how it works, right? Or does the logic only apply when it meets your agenda?

EXACTLY!!

You forgot to underline

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:29 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
I think premise is wrong. Kaepernick had a 125 million dollar contract. However it wasn't working out, he wanted to be traded. They wouldn't trade him; they made him "second string". So, he did this to make them angry, so they would trade him. This stunt is an insult to black people. He is using their pain for his own purposes.

I AGREE!! People like this, do stuff like this, all-the-time----acting like "I am here, for YOU", when, all-the-while, they have a SELFISH ulterior motive.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

NightEclipse wrote:
Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the vast majority of the protesters are black. It only stands to reason that those are the ones Trump is criticizing.

Really? That's the farthest your reach, at reasoning?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:35 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I think Cyberdad gives the US props where we deserve it.

Well thanks for your support...I guess I'm just waiting for the mods to close this thread down as it's triggered "unhappy chappies"

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Feel free to start a thread (I know nobody will because Australia is insignificant...)

No----it's because anybody worth their salt, in THIS country, minds their own business!!

cyberdad wrote:
...does everyone cranky about my posts think they are tethered to Trump or the far right?

It's not about being "tethered" to President Trump----or, at least, that's not ALL of what it's about. It's about being tethered, to our COUNTRY, and defending it, no matter WHAT!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
So? Who CARES? You seem to be forgetting that one of thee main reasons, Mr. Trump became president, was because of his MAGA philosopy----NOT, make the WORLD, great again!!

Mornin Campin Cat, it's a pity he didn't want America to be "smart again"

We don't need to be "smart again", cuz we never QUIT being smart (generally speaking)! ! Just because the person who YOU thought should get into OUR office, DIDN'T, doesn't mean we're not smart----it just means "we" didn't agree with YOU (an Australian - so, it doesn't matter)! !

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2017, 6:44 pm

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9036542980

His twitter's like a playwright of Liar-Liar

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:03 pm

At least a few football teams linked arms in solidarity. They did not kneel.

Most people, I find, want to address the issues--but don't want to disrespect the National Anthem.

Only one baseball player kneeled.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:05 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Has Trump done anything he promised to do prior the US election? what positive things has he done for the country?

Welp, I'll not be taking that bait, t'day----but, why should YOU care?

cyberdad wrote:
Withdrawal from the TPP and Paris accord is not universally seen as a positive step for the US and have been criticised by Australia's conservative government.

So? Who CARES? You seem to be forgetting that one of thee main reasons, Mr. Trump became president, was because of his MAGA philosopy----NOT, make the WORLD, great again!!

So there is no problem as the world becoming hell as long as one country is all right.
Some form of nationalism are really disgusting.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:05 pm

I thought Trump loved freedom of speech...isn't what these football players are doing freedom of speech?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:25 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Courts have ruled seven times against the Texas redistricting plan as deliberate discrimination against voters of color. Racist in intent. Statistics have shown the disproportionate impact of racially motivated policing, but disregard for basic logic implies an equivalent disregard for statistics.

While I am not familiar with Texas Redistricting, other then a quick search says it's an ongoing dispute. But voting districts are not law, only policy. US Department of Justice statistics shows black males had the highest homicide offending rate compared to offenders in other racial and sex categories.

jrjones9933 wrote:
It's a clear example of political speech, and a milder protest than burning a flag. Both symbolize protest against some action by the country, and we have a constitutional right to do either. That only means that the President, the Federal Executive, has no business going after them. I'd welcome a nuanced conversation from him like we get from you, Kraftie, but I hardly expect it.

As I said earlier, I can agree it's not appropriate (but not for racism) for the president to tell a private organization how to handle their employees or members. But I also agree the league and team owners needs to punish them for alienating the fan base and supporters. People have already began complaining to sponsors and have a petition up to pull DoD advertisement. Hopefully that will pressure the league and team owners to deal with their players.

Campin_Cat wrote:
It's not about being "tethered" to President Trump----or, at least, that's not ALL of what it's about. It's about being tethered, to our COUNTRY, and defending it, no matter WHAT!!

Last edited by SH90 on 24 Sep 2017, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm

this quote perfectly expresses my feelings about the moral hypocrisy which is nationalism-

"Patriotism is proud of a country's virtues and eager to correct its deficiencies; it also acknowledges the legitimate patriotism of other countries, with their own specific virtues. The pride of nationalism, however, trumpets its country's virtues and denies its deficiencies, while it is contemptuous toward the virtues of other countries. It wants to be, and proclaims itself to be, "the greatest", but greatness is not required of a country; only goodness is." -Sydney J. Harris, journalist and author (14 Sep 1917-1986)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 9:45 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Has Trump done anything he promised to do prior the US election? what positive things has he done for the country?

Welp, I'll not be taking that bait, t'day----but, why should YOU care?

cyberdad wrote:
Withdrawal from the TPP and Paris accord is not universally seen as a positive step for the US and have been criticised by Australia's conservative government.

So there is no problem as the world becoming hell as long as one country is all right.
Some form of nationalism are really disgusting.

What I'm saying IS, America FIRST----NOT that we won't / shouldn't continue with some foreign aid.

Some non-Americans can't seem to make-up their minds----if the U.S. gets involved, they say we shouldn't've; if we DON'T get involved, they say we SHOULD'VE.

Some forms of "emotionalism" are really disgusting.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most people, I find, want to address the issues--but don't want to disrespect the National Anthem.
kneeling isn’t disrespectful... it’s a gesture of submission or reverence. if disrespect is their actual intent, they’re doing it wrong.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:20 pm

^^^^ people [one social group] think they can force others [another social group] to conform to them, when in reality their [first group] violent response will only make the other group more determined to refuse to conform. if they really wanted to disrespect the patriotic flag salute thing, they'd collectively turn their backs during it.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:21 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
kneeling isn’t disrespectful... it’s a gesture of submission or reverence. if disrespect is their actual intent, they’re doing it wrong.

It's disrespectful to those who served or those who believe in our country. A good portion of their fan base served in the military and are deeply offended. Don't piss off your customer base, this will bite them in the ass in the long run.