Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 11:17 am

^ Nope, it wasn’t fine - and it wasn’t “good for you” either. It was irrelevant to the topic and unecessary.

Stop trying to justify her.

But apology is accepted, at least by me.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 3:36 pm

Nah it's fine, people can reject a potential partner for any reason.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 6:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Nope, it wasn’t fine - and it wasn’t “good for you” either. It was irrelevant to the topic and unecessary.

I don't remember her offending you.
I can comment as I wish.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 2:19 am

Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

On the internet you can always choose to be offended by something.

Now I choose to be offended by your post.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

Oh, be as offended as you like Boo.
I have no idea what actually offended you but this is your choice - stay as affronted as you like.
Life is too short to get all worked up over small comments.
From what I can see nobody actually aimed anything at you - but you took it.
Now I actually feel a bit sorry for you if this is how you feel most of the time.
Peace and love.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 9:57 am

Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

I have no idea what actually offended you but this is your choice - stay as affronted as you like.
Now I actually feel a bit sorry for you if this is how you feel most of the time.
Peace and love.

Well, boo is autistic like the rest of us.

OP created a thread on one of the biggest hubs for autistic men on the internet, just to say she won't date autistic men. I think that's a bit unecessary. I already know alot of women don't like aspies, I'm not an idiot, but seriously find some other forum if your intention is to express your disgust towards us.

For all the s**t people give me, atleast I don't go on forums for obese people, and start threads about not wanting to date them. Or walk into a black neighbour saying:"black people get on my nerves".

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 10:59 am

Closet Genious wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

Peace and love.

OP created a thread on one of the biggest hubs for autistic men on the internet, just to say she won't date autistic men. I think that's a bit unecessary. I already know alot of women don't like aspies, I'm not an idiot, but seriously find some other forum if your intention is to express your disgust towards us.

For all the s**t people give me, atleast I don't go on forums for obese people, and start threads about not wanting to date them. Or walk into a black neighbour saying:"black people get on my nerves".

Yes we are all autistic including, Ashley, Boo, yourself and I.
I can see why some could get upset by this but it is same for same.
What I mean is that if I was a Southerner and said I don't date Southerners it would be different to me being a Northerner and saying I don't date Southerners.

I would also like to say she didn't express 'disgust', just a preference.
This has touched a lot of nerves, just the same as other discussions where preference is expressed.
Instead of getting angry and going on the defence or attack perhaps we could have some real in depth discussion around this and all learn something. I certainly have.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

Temeraire wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

Peace and love.

What I mean is that if I was a Southerner and said I don't date Southerners it would be different to me being a Northerner and saying I don't date Southerners.

This has touched a lot of nerves, just the same as other discussions where preference is expressed.
Instead of getting angry and going on the defence or attack perhaps we could have some real in depth discussion around this and all learn something. I certainly have.

First of all, I don't think it is reasonable to compare a neurological difference to geographical location.
She actually did, she said: "autistic men get on my nerves". If that's a way of expressing preference, it's a pretty rude way to do it.

May I ask you what you learned?

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 11:40 am

Closet Genious wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

Peace and love.

First of all, I don't think it is reasonable to compare a neurological difference to geographical location.
She actually did, she said: "autistic men get on my nerves". If that's a way of expressing preference, it's a pretty rude way to do it.

May I ask you what you learned?

Yes she did go further than stating a preference - I stand corrected and thank you. She also apologised for this.

I have learned is to be very careful around certain sensitive subjects and to try to be more open minded and neutral when anyone states a preference and why. I think I allowed my own emotions to steer some of my comments.

The north/south comparison was more about like for like or like for opposite making a statement about preferences not geographical location - I used this so as not to use something which could cause further uproar.

I am learning on here all the time. So thanks.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 12:34 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

Peace and love.

The initial post of the thread wasn't even about guys with AS, but it was about the guy she likes - then in the middle of the thread, she decided to say she won't date a guy if she finds out he has AS. Which was weird and irrelevant to the main thread.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 12:37 pm

Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

Peace and love.

This time? Nothing, nothing at all.

I decided to be like ...well..like many women on WP, to be offended by anything of my choice. :lol:

Now I choose to be offended by your avatar. Don't ask why. This green thing...it offends me.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

I honestly don't know what the OP is doing here.
Normal custom would be initially to welcome them and for members to offer insight but they've made it very clear they don't care for ASD and don't want to date anyone with that prerequisite.

EDIT: Perhaps I was over apprehensive.
But there is an old proverb that applies here: Beggars should not be choosers!

Last edited by TheSpectrum on 20 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 12:40 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
I honestly don't know what the OP is doing here.
Normal custom would be initially to welcome them and for members to offer insight but they've made it very clear they don't care for ASD and don't want to date anyone with that prerequisite.

There hasn't been a lot of response from the OP.
Another one of the many new trolls?

Your scarf offends me too.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

I think it’s a bit ironic, but I don’t see why casually mentioning here that she won’t date people with aspergers is that bad. It’s quite different to making threads like “AS men are grossly unattractive”.

The problem here is more the generalisation, but it’s her loss, not yours, so I don’t see what the big deal is.

Clakker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2017, 2:12 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I think it’s a bit ironic, but I don’t see why casually mentioning here that she won’t date people with aspergers is that bad. It’s quite different to making threads like “AS men are grossly unattractive”.

The problem here is more the generalisation, but it’s her loss, not yours, so I don’t see what the big deal is.

It wasn't very nice but you're right NBD. TBH, I have never met anyone in RL who is openly HFA.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

Temeraire wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I can comment as I wish.

Peace and love.

How’d you feel if I said aspie women are terrible I’d never date one. Normal nt women are far better.

She’s basing her preference off a single aspie man experience she could find a nt guy who’s exactly the same way.

There’s a lot of videos on YouTube by black men upset that black women won’t date them.

I dont know why she felt the need to say it. If I wouldn’t date aspie women I certainly wouldn’t mention it here. And I’ve had bad experience with an aspie woman but I don’t think all are like her
I find her post upsetting.
Doesn’t seem any different then a whit rich person who get mugged by a black man and thus dislikes black men cause he sees them all as thugs.