Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:55 pm

I hate sporks. An actually spoon or fork works better.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:59 pm

You've already made this topic at least once, twice if you are Jitro. :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 1:30 pm

I haven't even seen a spork in forever, so I'd be pretty jazzed if I saw one. Not that I'd actually eat with it. Maybe keep it as a novelty item. I read on wiki that plastic sporks are common in US prisons because they are difficult to make into shiv-type weapons used to attack other inmates, and boy scouts and other people traveling outdoors use them because they're lightweight and don't take up as much space.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Sep 2017, 8:34 pm

I only see em at fastfood type places & I like em OK. I wouldn't want to use the Snoorpk thou but I wouldn't mind having one as a collectable thing :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:25 pm

I agree, I find them pretty inconvenient to use. They also make ones with serration on the side to serve as a knife - I always wonder how you're supposed to actually use the knife part if you don't have anything to hold the food with (like, say, an actual fork). I've seen them in places that sell camping equipment, presumably because it's less heavy/space-consuming to combine the utensils into one. They gave us plastic sporks to use with lunch when I was in elementary school.

Edit: The spork-knife things I've seen are something like this...

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Last edited by dragonsanddemons on 27 Sep 2017, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:39 pm

I intend to buy a set of metal sporks

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:48 pm

I have a set, want to say it's made of titanium. I only use them for camping... They are okay, but not great. Sorta like a Swiss Army knife; it can do multiple things, just none of them well.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:51 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I agree, I find them pretty inconvenient to use. They also make ones with serration on the side to serve as a knife - I always wonder how you're supposed to actually use the knife part if you don't have anything to hold the food with (like, say, an actual fork). I've seen them in places that sell camping equipment, presumably because it's less heavy/space-consuming to combine the utensils into one. They gave us plastic sporks to use with lunch when I was in elementary school.

Edit: The spork-knife things I've seen are something like this...

They have right-handed bias. A lefty like me would cut his lips off. Then what?

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 9:55 pm

I lost a dear friend in the spork factory explosion of 1893 and have abhorred them ever since.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:00 pm

I don't like the ones that are a fork and spoon combined into one thing.

But I like these kind that have both a fork and spoon:

also can't see it well on the picture, but I have one of these exact ones in green and on the side of the fork there is even sort of a knife texture so you can break up pieces of food more easily.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

I see what you did with this topic... clever parody.

As for my opinion, "In Spork We Trust". 'nuff said.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 11:57 pm

In the Animal Crossing games there is a neighbor character named Spork. But that's obviously because he's a pig and it sounds like "pork".

There are also these things called "splayeds", where one end is like a spork and the other is like a butter knife. But if it was all you had, and you wanted to put butter on your food the part that you normally hold while eating would be all greasy. Maybe if you wiped it on a napkin first...

That spork that's knife-like on one side looks like it cut my mouth or just be very uncomfortable when trying to eat.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:29 am

Yeah, that particular spork+knife I posted looks a bit dangerous. I think the one I saw was made out of silicone or something, so it would be harder to cut your mouth.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 2:44 pm

No way would I eat with a utensil like in that Mad TV parody. Looks like some kind of torture device. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:30 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't like the ones that are a fork and spoon combined into one thing.

But I like these kind that have both a fork and spoon:

also can't see it well on the picture, but I have one of these exact ones in green and on the side of the fork there is even sort of a knife texture so you can break up pieces of food more easily.

that is a very clever bit of utensil :wtg:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 7:00 am

I like them for shoveling all the stuff that falls off our out of my food at Taco Bell.