Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:52 am

SaveFerris wrote:
xatrix26 wrote:
I've rubbed a hole clean through many of my clothes because of this one.

I only find this happens in pockets , sometimes this can be a good thing as you can feel your skin underneath ( feel a bit weird admitting this ).

Bah, don't feel weird mate. We're all in these forums in pursuit of honesty and connecting with one another. Admitting my most crazy stimming and Aspie habits and even my affinity for crying often like a baby was a challenge at first for me but now feels endlessly gratifying. :D

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 9:12 am

Raleigh wrote:
Flappy hands, rolling wrists, spreading fingers, wriggling fingers in a certain sequence, picking at scalp, nails or skin, clicking nails together, flicking fingers, rocking, leg bouncing, hair fondling...to name a few.

I stim wherever, public and private.

One day I will reach that level of bravery for stimming in public. It would certainly be alot less stressful for me, and would relieve alot of pressure on my already heart-attacked heart. I admire you for this my friend.

My parents, both mother and father, enforced a strict stimming suppression system on me that often involved brutal punishments such as stick on the butt and many other forms of corporal physical punishments. In the end, those actions never suppressed any of my stimming, it only made me feel guilty every time I stimmed which stressed me completely out of my mind.

All they cared about was wanting to appear like a "normal" family, aka NT family. It was an unimaginably brutal childhood for me and only lead to many more health problems. Most of the reason why I'm such a nervous wreck now. My therapist lists my current anxiety status as "inconceivable".

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:53 pm

Today I found out another stim I do and why I have bruises always in the same places on my legs. Because when I'm walking I keep punching them.

I stim in public too, not that I want it but mostly I don't even notice.

Looking
Raven
Raven

16 Oct 2017, 5:16 pm

In public and private my heel bounces up and down quite rapidly (when sitting) or I might rock forwards and backwards when standing up. This one is rarer though, especially when my wife is with me as she will stop me. I know an NT woman who does the first stimming and when I asked her why she does it she said she had no idea.