Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:54 am

BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
My brother and I once had a Betta when we owned an aquarium when we were teenagers. I had bought the Betta myself one day. We had him for quite a while, he was one of our longer-living fish. :)

My brother now keeps fish but I don't think he owns a Betta. He's very dedicated to caring for them. He gets very annoyed and frustrated when he sees clueless people in pet stores selling fish to clueless customers. I wonder if I should tell the workers at the pet stores that keeping Bettas in those tiny cubes is wrong and cruel. Not that they'd listen.

I have two cats, and they're enough for now. It would be too expensive and maybe to much work for me to keep more pets by myself, although I sometimes wish I had a bunny or guinea pigs.

Your brother sounds awesome (and so do you). I always wanted a fishkeeping family member.

Do you not know the answer to the question I PM'd you? The fish has not eaten for over a week now.

Really sorry I ended up in the hospital again. Diagnosed with Bipolar and Anorexia.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:12 am

Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
My brother and I once had a Betta when we owned an aquarium when we were teenagers. I had bought the Betta myself one day. We had him for quite a while, he was one of our longer-living fish. :)

My brother now keeps fish but I don't think he owns a Betta. He's very dedicated to caring for them. He gets very annoyed and frustrated when he sees clueless people in pet stores selling fish to clueless customers. I wonder if I should tell the workers at the pet stores that keeping Bettas in those tiny cubes is wrong and cruel. Not that they'd listen.

I have two cats, and they're enough for now. It would be too expensive and maybe to much work for me to keep more pets by myself, although I sometimes wish I had a bunny or guinea pigs.

Your brother sounds awesome (and so do you). I always wanted a fishkeeping family member.

Do you not know the answer to the question I PM'd you? The fish has not eaten for over a week now.

Really sorry I ended up in the hospital again. Diagnosed with Bipolar and Anorexia.

Thank you I am in partial now.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 11:37 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

What is the underlying motivator for your anorexia, if you don't mind me asking? I know very little about it.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 6:43 am

Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

What is the underlying motivator for your anorexia, if you don't mind me asking? I know very little about it.

It's either anorexia or severe OCD. I think part of it is a fear of obesity.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:46 am

BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

It's either anorexia or severe OCD. I think part of it is a fear of obesity.

I have OCD but I don't have anorexia. I don't really like the way I look when I'm too thin and don't mind 5 or so extra pounds because I figure it doesn't hurt to have a little bit of an extra energy supply in case of a famine or disaster or illness. If I had a fear of being overweight due to OCD then I think I would probably gain a few extra pounds and just exist as an slightly overweight person for a while until my brain got over it. Much like I do when I would like to wash my hands when they aren't dirty. I sit there with dirty feeling hands and let that part of my brain have it's little nervous breakdown until I have a valid reason to wash my hands, because if I wash my hands, I will want to wash my hands when I know they aren't actually dirty, I will want to wash my hands again and it will never be good enough.