VP Pence Walks Out on Football Game Cuz Players Take a Knee

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:58 pm

The Washington Post wrote:
Vice President Mike Pence walked out on the Indianapolis Colts’ game against the San Francisco 49ers Sunday afternoon after a large number of the 49ers players took a knee during the playing of the national anthem.

Pence announced his departure via his Twitter account, writing: “I left today’s Colts game because @POTUS [President Trump] and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/08/nfl-week-5-the-focus-turns-from-protest-to-football-key-games-injuries-fantasy-news/

Yeah----that's what I'M talkin'-about!!

Last edited by Campin_Cat on 08 Oct 2017, 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

....but did they win?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 6:07 pm

Neither Trump or Pence served.
This man did.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 406df07d57

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Vice President Mike Pence walked out on the Indianapolis Colts’ game against the San Francisco 49ers Sunday afternoon after a large number of the 49ers players took a knee during the playing of the national anthem.

Pence announced his departure via his Twitter account, writing: “I left today’s Colts game because @POTUS [President Trump] and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/10/08/nfl-week-5-the-focus-turns-from-protest-to-football-key-games-injuries-fantasy-news/

Lol doesn't neo-nazis and white supremacists marching around with swastika flags and confederate flags and shouting 'seig heil' disrespect our soldiers and our flag? The fact that they don't find those things just as offensive if not more to me proves its more about the color of skin of people making demonstrations than how offensive it is. I myself find neo-nazism a lot more disrespectful than football players taking a knee to protest police brutality against minorities.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Lol doesn't neo-nazis and white supremacists marching around with swastika flags and confederate flags and shouting 'seig heil' disrespect our soldiers and our flag?

IMO, no----they are probably thee MOST prideful of our country / flag / anthem, than anybody else.

Sweetleaf wrote:
The fact that they don't find those things just as offensive if not more to me proves its more about the color of skin of people making demonstrations than how offensive it is.

Yes, you WOULD see it that way, cuz you're one of those, who throws the baby out, with the bath water.

How is it about skin color, when white players are doin' it, TOO?

Sweetleaf wrote:
I myself find neo-nazism a lot more disrespectful than football players taking a knee to protest police brutality against minorities.

IMO, football players, taking a knee, during the national anthem, is disrespectful to our ENTIRE country, and ALL of her peoples, and is dividing us----if, for no other reason, than because they have a much larger following (football has a much larger following).

If the football players want to protest a particular group (the police), that's fine----but, IMO, they should do it at a police award ceremony, or something, and OUT of uniform; that way, they're targeting the SPECIFIC group with which they have a gripe, instead of an entire nation----but, they're not gonna do that, cuz that wouldn't bring them as much attention, and it seems like the attention is more of their goal, anyway, otherwise they'd be taking REAL action in fighting "police brutality" (like, holding rallies, and speaking-out about it, etc.); I mean, "taking a knee", what is THAT----how is THAT any REAL action / real fight, for people's rights?

Bottom Line: IMO, they can take a knee, 'til the cows come-home, but until they actually put-in some WORK to fight for what they feel is injustice, they ain't doin' JACK, to help their cause.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 1:52 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Lol doesn't neo-nazis and white supremacists marching around with swastika flags and confederate flags and shouting 'seig heil' disrespect our soldiers and our flag?

IMO, no----they are probably thee MOST prideful of our country / flag / anthem, than anybody else.

Sweetleaf wrote:
The fact that they don't find those things just as offensive if not more to me proves its more about the color of skin of people making demonstrations than how offensive it is.

Yes, you WOULD see it that way, cuz you're one of those, who throws the baby out, with the bath water.

How is it about skin color, when white players are doin' it, TOO?

Sweetleaf wrote:
I myself find neo-nazism a lot more disrespectful than football players taking a knee to protest police brutality against minorities.

IMO, football players, taking a knee, during the national anthem, is disrespectful to our ENTIRE country, and ALL of her peoples, and is dividing us----if, for no other reason, than because they have a much larger following (football has a much larger following).

If the football players want to protest a particular group (the police), that's fine----but, IMO, they should do it at a police award ceremony, or something, and OUT of uniform; that way, they're targeting the SPECIFIC group with which they have a gripe, instead of an entire nation----but, they're not gonna do that, cuz that wouldn't bring them as much attention, and it seems like the attention is more of their goal, anyway, otherwise they'd be taking REAL action in fighting "police brutality" (like, holding rallies, and speaking-out about it, etc.); I mean, "taking a knee", what is THAT----how is THAT any REAL action / real fight, for people's rights?

Bottom Line: IMO, they can take a knee, 'til the cows come-home, but until they actually put-in some WORK to fight for what they feel is injustice, they ain't doin' JACK, to help their cause.

Excuse me? White nationalists are the most prideful of America?!?!?! These are hateful trash who take their own short comings and and insecurities out on their fellow Americans because they are different. Please, explain how those waste of working organs have the most pride in America!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Excuse me? White nationalists are the most prideful of America?!?!?! These are hateful trash who take their own short comings and and insecurities out on their fellow Americans because they are different. Please, explain how those waste of working organs have the most pride in America!

Yes, they hate some PEOPLE, NOT the country.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

Campin_Cat wrote:

Well that is all I need to know...

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That about says it all, doesn't it?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm

Checkmate.

Trump wins.

"The NFL might make it mandatory to stand for the national anthem"
http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/730066/ ... nal-anthem

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 3:41 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, they hate some PEOPLE, NOT the country.

How does that make them the most patriotic? I've seen videos of idiots at KKK rallies insulting the American flag for representing a country where LGBT and racial and religious minorities have the same rights as the rest of us. I've read the rantings of Neo-Nazi types saying Hitler should have won WWII! Hardly that patriotic if you ask me.
But why defend such worthless wastes of working human organs?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 3:59 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Checkmate.

Trump wins.

"The NFL might make it mandatory to stand for the national anthem"
http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/730066/ ... nal-anthem

I thought our soldiers died for the right of people to choose whether to stand or not for the national anthem. Isn't kind of a slap in the face towards them to undo basic freedoms like that which they died for?

Also will it just be mandatory for the athletes or the audience as well?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:12 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Yeah----that's what I'M talkin'-about!!Lol doesn't neo-nazis and white supremacists marching around with swastika flags and confederate flags and shouting 'seig heil' disrespect our soldiers and our flag?

Campin_Cat wrote:

Oops that didn't come out very well did it...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
How does that make them the most patriotic? I've seen videos of idiots at KKK rallies insulting the American flag for representing a country where LGBT and racial and religious minorities have the same rights as the rest of us. I've read the rantings of Neo-Nazi types saying Hitler should have won WWII! Hardly that patriotic if you ask me.

Lets not forget what Nazis did to unions, catholics, communists and pretty much anyone who didn't swear an oath to the Nazis. Heck they murdered their own loyal people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Lets not forget what Nazis did to unions, catholics, communists and pretty much anyone who didn't swear an oath to the Nazis. Heck they murdered their own loyal people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives

Absolutely.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 5:42 pm

Like they just said on the radio, it's not about being patriotic because whether one stands for the flag or not does not make a person patriotic. What it is about is the players following their boss's rules - if the owner of the team wants his players to stand then they better stand and shut up. Anyone who has had a job knows that sometimes you have to do things that you don't believe in or don't want to do, but you do it to keep your job. This little kneeling crap is costing the NFL money because people are getting fed up and not going to the games and not watching football on TV. That means the players do what they are told to do or they will be fired by some team owners.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.