Regards
DL

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 3:49 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
You are the one making statements against Christianity, the Bible and Yahweh, not I. Cute little videos and other graphics are distractions, not EVIDENCE.

Please substantiate your delusional rantings. We’re talking male/female sexual inequality. I want to know exactly where it is, specifically in the New Testament, that Jesus taught that women were to be mistreated by men.

I’ll be waiting.

Have you not even read your bible?

Look up where Jesus says women are to be denied divorce while men are not to be denied.

But if you have to before recognizing the misogyny in Christianity, you are not intelligent enough for me to bother with as your religion has dumbed you down to stupid.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop, you should read Proverbs 31:10-31, which effectively says a wife of noble character is one who spends all her time doing housework.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 3:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
You are the one making statements against Christianity, the Bible and Yahweh, not I. Cute little videos and other graphics are distractions, not EVIDENCE.

Please substantiate your delusional rantings. We’re talking male/female sexual inequality. I want to know exactly where it is, specifically in the New Testament, that Jesus taught that women were to be mistreated by men.

I’ll be waiting.

Look up where Jesus says women are to be denied divorce while men are not to be denied.

But if you have to before recognizing the misogyny in Christianity, you are not intelligent enough for me to bother with as your religion has dumbed you down to stupid.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop, you should read Proverbs 31:10-31, which effectively says a wife of noble character is one who spends all her time doing housework.

Quite the wish list.

I am surprised it doers not say that she will drill more orifices if her man asks for such.

No wonder the Jewish men have a morning prayer thanking God for not making them women.

We should remember, scriptures aside, that Jewish women in Jesus' day, if he existed at all, were well on their way to equality. That might be why the Christians turned Eden from the elevation that the Jews read into it to the fall that blames Eve and the serpent for all of man's woes.

Christians liked misogyny and also wanted to vilify all the many serpent cults of those days including the Jews who venerated the serpent.

Regards
DL

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 4:06 pm

So when they made the serpent the villain in Genesis, was it an attempt to make the serpent cult look bad?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
So when they made the serpent the villain in Genesis, was it an attempt to make the serpent cult look bad?

I believe so. That and the other Mystery schools who saw the serpent as the bringer of life. That these is world wide regardless of the continent. Quite a coincidence eh?

Remember Moses using a serpent in Egypt. His serpent headed staff led the way. It is the icon of the Jewish priestly class.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-le ... ult-002393

Regards
DL

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 6:07 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Bite me.

Regards
DL

Post #4. Still waiting.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 6:38 pm

You remind me of a flat earther I argued with on Facebook who kept posting "where is the curve?", " where is the curve?", over and over again.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 7:43 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

I’ll be waiting.

Regards
DL

Ah, we’re ALMOST getting somewhere. I was hoping more for NT, like maybe the Gospels.

Proverbs is a wisdom book. It’s all generalities is the problem. It’s not intended to be read as absolute truth or law.

I’m more of a Bible literalist. So if something is stated to be a proverb, I take it literally to mean it’s a proverb. What’s funny is that’s the one place in the Bible that comes close to express contradictions. It can be paradoxical, but paradox and contradiction aren’t the same. Speaking in riddles has been common in many cultures and religions, not strictly the Hebraic ones.

Anyway...

It’s not exactly a “wish list.” More a short list of things amazing women do. In other words, what is so terrible about a woman who encourages and supports her husband? What’s wrong with a woman who takes great care of her kids? The overall tone of this section is more a celebration of women, not a list of demands.

It’s hardly misogynistic, more or less depending on how subjectively you define misogyny. Praising a woman for all that she does isn’t much of a commentary on equality. Remember, women during this time were chattel property in some places. Putting her on the proverbial pedestal and singing her praises is an interesting contrast to genuinely misogynistic views that were likely prevalent in the ancient world.

Good stuff.

I’d still like to see something a bit more exclusive to Christianity, though like I said before I love the whole thing.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 7:49 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
You remind me of a flat earther I argued with on Facebook who kept posting "where is the curve?", " where is the curve?", over and over again.

lol. I don’t understand flat-earthers. And then there’s the Young Earth/Old Earth debate. I stay out of those.

I just mean if you really think the Bible says this or Christians believe that, one would reasonably assume there was some actual basis for the belief.

So if I’m to refute some attack on Christian faith, I need that person to back up what he says. It’s not my job to comb through the entire Bible to support what YOU want the text to say.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 3:18 am

AngelRho wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

lol. I don’t understand flat-earthers. And then there’s the Young Earth/Old Earth debate. I stay out of those.

I just mean if you really think the Bible says this or Christians believe that, one would reasonably assume there was some actual basis for the belief.

So if I’m to refute some attack on Christian faith, I need that person to back up what he says. It’s not my job to comb through the entire Bible to support what YOU want the text to say.

No I don't think any part of the Bible says that the earth is flat. I was referring to the way you repetitively ask the same question over and over and expect a response.

As for GnosticBishop,I don't quite know what he means either. The closest I can think off would be Matthew 19:9, in which Jesus specifies the only circumstances he thinks a man can divorce his wife. Jesus didn't name the circumstances in which in which a woman can divorce her husband. Perhaps GnosticBiship interpreted that omission to mean a woman can never initiate a divorce.

I don't know whether or not Jesus thought it was ok to for a woman to leave her husband if he committed the same act mentioned in Matthew 19:9.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:21 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Forgive them. They know not what they do.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:27 am

AngelRho wrote:

It’s not exactly a “wish list.” More a short list of things amazing women do. In other words, what is so terrible about a woman who encourages and supports her husband? What’s wrong with a woman who takes great care of her kids? The overall tone of this section is more a celebration of women, not a list of demands.

It’s hardly misogynistic, more or less depending on how subjectively you define misogyny. Praising a woman for all that she does isn’t much of a commentary on equality. Remember, women during this time were chattel property in some places. Putting her on the proverbial pedestal and singing her praises is an interesting contrast to genuinely misogynistic views that were likely prevalent in the ancient world.

I’d still like to see something a bit more exclusive to Christianity, though like I said before I love the whole thing.

Is, --- he shall rule over you, --- not maintaining women as chattel and slaves?

Is that not misogyny regardless of on how subjectively you define misogyny?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:36 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

No I don't think any part of the Bible says that the earth is flat. I was referring to the way you repetitively ask the same question over and over and expect a response.

As for GnosticBishop,I don't quite know what he means either. The closest I can think off would be Matthew 19:9, in which Jesus specifies the only circumstances he thinks a man can divorce his wife. Jesus didn't name the circumstances in which in which a woman can divorce her husband. Perhaps GnosticBiship interpreted that omission to mean a woman can never initiate a divorce.

I don't know whether or not Jesus thought it was ok to for a woman to leave her husband if he committed the same act mentioned in Matthew 19:9.

I read this as Jesus saying that there is no divorce allowed at all and that was the original orthodox view.
I see that as immoral and anti-love as it forces women to stay in abusive or loveless marriages.

That is quite cruel in my view.

Matthew 19:3-8King James Version (KJV)

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Regards
DL

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 7:44 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

Is, --- he shall rule over you, --- not maintaining women as chattel and slaves?

Regards
DL

If you’re referring to the passage from Genesis, it’s not a commandment. It’s commentary on how men and women will relate to each other from that point forward. It’s a prophecy. Good one, Adam and Eve, you just kicked off the war between the sexes. Male/female inequality was never meant to be the status quo. And because of that, yes, women were bought, sold, and divorced at will. It’s a consequence of man introducing sin into creation.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:06 am

AngelRho wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

Regards
DL

If you’re referring to the passage from Genesis, it’s not a commandment. It’s commentary on how men and women will relate to each other from that point forward. It’s a prophecy. Good one, Adam and Eve, you just kicked off the war between the sexes. Male/female inequality was never meant to be the status quo. And because of that, yes, women were bought, sold, and divorced at will. It’s a consequence of man introducing sin into creation.

????

Resorting to lies or inaccuracies is not really the best way to discuss issues.

The first sin was in heaven. Not on earth.

That is why Satan was cast out. Right?

Was her rebellion not a sin?

"It's commentary on how men and women will relate to each other from that point forward."

I agree, and it shows why Christians are misogynous as they feel that men should be master and women should be ruled over from that point forward.

Regards
DL

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:48 am

That "Satan being cast of Heaven" story that you're so obsessed with (you've posted about it before) is not even in the Bible. Its a folks tradition that grew up like a vine alongside the tree trunk of the Bible. But its a not a Bible story. And I doubt that anyone has ever tried to place that event

Second: the original sin was..."The Original Sin". Adam and Eve eating the fruit. That's why the act of eating the fruit is called "the Original Sin",for that reason , and because all other sins followed from that first transgression according to the Bible.