I've come to the conclusion they don't make pants in my size

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:01 am

Yeah it just pretty much so happens they just don't make my size. I wear size 0 because its the only one that kind of fits, but they are still too long and can be too tight in some areas, so I have to try them on first to make sure they actually fit and are just too long as they are always too long. So far I've folded them or I might cut some off and then fold them...I suppose I could cut them and then sew a new hem at the bottom, just seems like a lot of hassle but I did buy a small sewing machine like a year ago that I haven't even used for anything. I just don't see why some clothing manufacturer couldn't make a size 0 short or something...some of us females don't have the skinny long legs people idolize.

I have tried to wear kids pants so they'd be short enough but can't fit my hips or butt into them, lol...also some size 0 womens pants I have tried I can't pull them up past my calf muscles because they're too skinny to stuff them into. So yeah does anyone else have the misfortune of non-existent pants in your actual size?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:17 am

^ some clothing stores like Target have a petite range.
Whether it's anything you'd want to wear, I don't know.

I have to take in every pair of pants I buy at the waistband because they seem to gape at the back (no arse) and I hate wearing belts.
Have more trouble with shirts due to having ridiculously long arms.
I either have to buy a few sizes up to get enough length in the sleeves, then I hate the bagginess, so I have to take them in at the sides, or buy my size and suffer 7/8 length sleeves.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:49 am

Raleigh wrote:
^ some clothing stores like Target have a petite range.
Whether it's anything you'd want to wear, I don't know.

I have to take in every pair of pants I buy at the waistband because they seem to gape at the back (no arse) and I hate wearing belts.
Have more trouble with shirts due to having ridiculously long arms.
I either have to buy a few sizes up to get enough length in the sleeves, then I hate the bagginess, so I have to take them in at the sides, or buy my size and suffer 7/8 length sleeves.

I think the size 0 is in the petite range, but the targets I've gone to don't even have the petite section or junior section as I have seen it called in some stores. I mean the size 0 pants at Hot Topic tend to fit though they still have the problem of being too long...also they are rather overpriced.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:17 am

^ Have you tried Wish?
All their clothes seem petite.
I have to order 2 sizes up.
And it's ridiculously cheap.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:08 am

Try the petite or pint-sized department or just start cutting and hemming. Sears has a petite section. Macy's does too.
Kohl's has a line of jeans that are for thin people who have bigger bottoms and curves and are not straight up and down.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:31 am

About ten years ago, Old Navy had a range of jeans that came in Short, Medium and Tall lengths, and I found that the Short ones were perfect for me -- I was only 5 ft nothing and everything else was always too long on my legs, but these jeans were the right leg length.

The range I liked was called "Sweetheart" and they also had a range called "Diva".

They probably have different lines and ranges now as this was all ten years ago.

But try Old Navy, they probably still retain that Short sizing in a range. They were the only jeans I ever found that every really fit me just right. The sizing was wacky though -- I was normally something like a 4 or 6, but their 2 fit me. So their 0 might even be too big for you if you're normally zero in other brands.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 12:18 pm

My problem was if the waist fit the butt would be too big and loose.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm

And here I was thinking I could choose so many more clothes at size zero...

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:16 pm

I have the opposite problem, I have to have just about every pair of pants modified to fit me. :oops:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:12 am

Size 0? Wow, I can't imagine ever being able to fit into a pants size that's even a single digit. But different people have different body types. I'm lucky just to find clothes that not only actually fit, but don't look like they were made by people who are severely nearsighted and color blind.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:34 am

nor mine, even from the ideal standard, that's not what is sold, womenpants are too large (ass and thighs) with too short legs :scratch:

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:39 am

I'm tall so I don't have this problem but I have a rather thin waist but a huge butt and quite full legs. If I buy pants according to my waist size they are too tight on my legs, if I buy pants according to my butt size they are huge on my waist. I don't know what a size 0 is but I most of the time wear european size 34-36 and last time I went for pants shopping I saw something called 'boyfriend pants'. They fit on my waist and they were loose on the legs. So it was perfect.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:53 am

For the sake of comfort I'm only wearing jogger pants. I've got a couple of pair that almost look like slacks. They're all super comfortable and have a really good fit. I'm skinny and have short legs.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 8:51 am

It's easier to find your size if you know your waist and inseam measurements. That's how the pants at Target are sized, and most brands of jeans. A size 0 is something like a 26 inch waist, and a petite is something like a 29 inch inseam, so you'd look for pants with "26 x 29" on the tag. Look closely at the tag on the pants that fit you best currently, or measure them (or yourself) to find out.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 10:59 am

Even better, bring a tape measure when shopping. Sometimes you can go through a pile of jeans and find ones that are bigger or smaller than the marked size.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Oct 2017, 3:34 am

arielhawksquill wrote:
It's easier to find your size if you know your waist and inseam measurements. That's how the pants at Target are sized, and most brands of jeans. A size 0 is something like a 26 inch waist, and a petite is something like a 29 inch inseam, so you'd look for pants with "26 x 29" on the tag. Look closely at the tag on the pants that fit you best currently, or measure them (or yourself) to find out.
Pants that are supposed to be the same sizes can fit very differently. I had some 38 inch waist pants that ripped because I gained some weight. I tried on some pants at the store & found some that fit alittle lose that were also 38 inch.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition