Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

GlossyCrow667
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

Hi. I am new to forums in general, so yay.

Um. I have been told I have ADHD, depression, OCD, and general anxiety disorder... And my psychiatrist recommended I look into Asperger's Syndrome... I am trying to find myself, give myself a reason for being on this Earth, and become more independent. I can't seem to stick with anything, so I am also trying to get advice as to why I can't seem to do whatever it is I need to do. Even a simple task like taking dishes from the sink and putting them into the washer is hell for me, I find every reason possible to not do it. I go to work everyday, but after I come home, I can't think of anything to do... even though there are many chores I could potentially do, I just don't think of them. Days off are impossible for me, unless my mom is home. I'm 26 by the way, and live at home still. I know I frustrate her to no end, with my lack of motivation for tasks that any normal person could handle with ease. I mean, I'd go to work naked if she didn't give in and do my laundry for me... I clean off an area to work on my art work, and 3 hours later I have accomplished nothing and 2 days later my desk is an absolute mess again. I constantly forget things, which doesn't help, so I'm always saying sorry; it's my go to phrase... And I'm afraid of 'getting in trouble' or causing a fuss... even if it's to save my own skin, so to speak...

I can't even be myself, so to speak, on my Minecraft server... I try to please everyone, causing myself a lot of distress and I end up boycotting my server for a month... which is apparently easier than just saying, 'look, I want some alone time to work on my own things today'. I need advice, but I can't seem to believe it would help me in anyway. Not getting very far with my therapist either.

Any help would be appreciated...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:42 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 9:18 pm

Welcome! :D

Slaylormoon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2017, 9:34 pm

Welcome! I just joined too, hope we both fund what we're looking for!

GlossyCrow667
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2017, 9:54 pm

@Slaylormoon
Yeah, I hope we do :)

@ all
I'm very lost and unsure how to proceed, so to speak. I just recently was told to look into Asperger's because my mental problems, etc. resemble the symptoms of it. But I havn't seen much information that isn't repetitive about symptoms on the internet for Adults with it. :/

Didn't know if anyone had any advice, at the moment I am being treated for ADHD and I'm not 100% sure its helping the way its suppose to to be honest. Yes, I am more alert, but just as scattered as always, and not accomplishing much.
Thanks in advance :3

Phrygian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2017, 7:17 am

Welcome!

I can definitely relate to that last part. I sometimes just leave social situations and such without saying anything. I can also be bad at responding to calls and messages. What has helped me is explaining to people that I just get drained socially, and then I just need to pull back, and sometimes I just forget responding to texts and calls. I think it's important that people understand that you don't have bad intentions, so that people don't worry or think that you're angry at them. After all, I know for myself atleast that I definitely don't want people to stress out over me needing to recharge a bit. :)

GlossyCrow667
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2017, 7:50 am

Phrygian wrote:
I can also be bad at responding to calls and messages.

Yay then it's not just me xD

@Phrygian
I don't get out much, except to work and when I do go out, it's always with my mum. I have no friends in real life, or on minecraft really :/ so I don't need to explain myself to often, but I too have started making it a habit to try and inform people that I have a hard time with some things in life. Again, mostly explaining it to my mum, because I know I drive her nuts... Simple tasks for me are very difficult... I just finished cleaning half my room to avoid doing another task lol. but now I'm burnt out, so back to the computer I go.... even though my bed's covered in junk at the moment. I really appreciate the welcome and the advice :) I've run out of resources, so I thought I'd try here for help. Like I said, not getting anywhere with my therapist, but I keep going and hoping something will help.

One other question, how do you all get past this problem, or do you not have trouble with it?

I have a hard time trying, or caring, with things that would help me feel better. It's like I want to change for the better, but I have no motivation or will power left to do it... I just live each day, exactly the same, go home and play MC till I go to bed. I only go to work and home, and only go out to shop with my mum. She doesn't know what to do either, plus she works pretty much 24/7, so it's hard to ask for help or extra time from her... we usually get sundays together, but she got a bus trip this weekend, so I'm by myself today, spinning my hypothetical wheels in the mud.

I am getting long winded for a intro forum, so if I need to move this conversation, someone let me know xD
first time in forums ever

TY in advance o/

Phrygian

16 Oct 2017, 10:47 am

GlossyCrow667 wrote:
Phrygian wrote:
I can also be bad at responding to calls and messages.

Yay then it's not just me xD

@Phrygian
I don't get out much, except to work and when I do go out, it's always with my mum. I have no friends in real life, or on minecraft really :/ so I don't need to explain myself to often, but I too have started making it a habit to try and inform people that I have a hard time with some things in life. Again, mostly explaining it to my mum, because I know I drive her nuts... Simple tasks for me are very difficult... I just finished cleaning half my room to avoid doing another task lol. but now I'm burnt out, so back to the computer I go.... even though my bed's covered in junk at the moment. I really appreciate the welcome and the advice :) I've run out of resources, so I thought I'd try here for help. Like I said, not getting anywhere with my therapist, but I keep going and hoping something will help.

One other question, how do you all get past this problem, or do you not have trouble with it?

I have a hard time trying, or caring, with things that would help me feel better. It's like I want to change for the better, but I have no motivation or will power left to do it... I just live each day, exactly the same, go home and play MC till I go to bed. I only go to work and home, and only go out to shop with my mum. She doesn't know what to do either, plus she works pretty much 24/7, so it's hard to ask for help or extra time from her... we usually get sundays together, but she got a bus trip this weekend, so I'm by myself today, spinning my hypothetical wheels in the mud.

I am getting long winded for a intro forum, so if I need to move this conversation, someone let me know xD
first time in forums ever

TY in advance o/

I think for me atleast, most things become much easier once they become habits. The start is always the hardest, but boring things like cleaning, cooking, shaving ect. become much easier once I run on auto pilot. Once I start thinking too much, things get overwhelming quite quickly.

I think people on the spectrum tend to overanalyze, we've thought the whole process through before actually doing anything and then it feels overwhelming. Like "I have to do this, and that, and then this and that", we end up spending alot of energy on thinking instead of doing. It might be a good thing to keep in mind, that it's actually equally, if not more exhausting thinking about tasks, compared to just doing them. :)